Corrupted Shinnok

MKXGoon101

does anyone else ever have a problem beating him... all he does is spam that damn charge shoulder and the blast of fire

I played through story on default difficulty (Medium), but I thought he was the easiest MK boss I have ever played against.

He definitely spammed a lot. One round he did the stupid fire blast 5 times in a row. I think I beat him on my third or fourth try.

I realise the OP is asking about our experience with Shinnok's difficulty, but can this also be the thread where we say 'wow, what an underwhelming final battle.'

I finished the story last night and it's undeniably impressive. Let's not forget that this is a fighting game, one of those things that typically only gives you story through the opening cinematic and characters' endings. That said, sure there are things about it they could've refined.

But one of the main ones has to be the final boss. It's been said by others that he's basically Dark Khan from MKvsDC and it makes me genuinely sad to agree with that. It's like the team just tweaked the flying oni model a bit and went, 'yeah... that'll do.' Come on guys.

That fight didn't come anywhere near the gravitas of the final battle with Shao Khan IMO. Disappointing :(

But one of the main ones has to be the final boss. It's been said by others that he's basically Dark Khan from MKvsDC and it makes me genuinely sad to agree with that. It's like the team just tweaked the flying oni model a bit and went, 'yeah... that'll do.' Come on guys.
I found that winged Oni design to be rather more finalboss-y than Corrupted Shinnok. Wasted potential there.

An admin should change the title of the thread. That could be a spoiler.

But anyways, just rush him down and don't get too far or else you'll get fire blasted at.

I realise the OP is asking about our experience with Shinnok's difficulty, but can this also be the thread where we say 'wow, what an underwhelming final battle.'

I finished the story last night and it's undeniably impressive. Let's not forget that this is a fighting game, one of those things that typically only gives you story through the opening cinematic and characters' endings. That said, sure there are things about it they could've refined.

That fight didn't come anywhere near the gravitas of the final battle with Shao Khan IMO. Disappointing :(

Yeah it was pretty underwhelming. I mean, where is this "really cool returning character" that was going to be the boss? Where was the huge surprise they they didnt want to reveal? Because Shinnok certainly wasn't it. Also why the hell is Goro the sub boss? He's not even in the story mode. I feel like they should have just made Shinnok the sub boss and Corrupted Shinnok as the final boss

I guess they wanted him to be as bad as a final boss as he was in MK4. I remember being incredibly underwhelmed by him in MK4 also because of how easy he was

An admin should change the title of the thread. That could be a spoiler.

But anyways, just rush him down and don't get too far or else you'll get fire blasted at.

Yup I discovered this also. If you are far screen, the only thing he will do is spam fire blast. If you rush him down, he doesnt do anything and you can just destroy him

To play Devil's Advocate for a minute - you guys are talking about getting him on the third or fourth try on Medium, and you've been playing this franchise forever. Medium isn't for hardcore fans. Shouldn't you be playing on Hard or Insane or whatever?

To play Devil's Advocate for a minute - you guys are talking about getting him on the third or fourth try on Medium, and you've been playing this franchise forever. Medium isn't for hardcore fans. Shouldn't you be playing on Hard or Insane or whatever?

Me personally, I had no issues using Cassie, I had no issues using Raiden, and I did have to do it one additional time using Ermac but it wasn't like he stomped me, I got greedy trying to do a big combo instead of just winning lol.

Now that being said Im sure ill run into some issues with some characters that I just don't enjoy playing but I still cant see it taking more then one continue on the ladder IMO.

Eaziest Boss ever.
Regular Shinnok is harder than that...

No, no, no. The Deadly Alliance is the easier boss in MK history. I wish corrupted Shinnok was bigger. He seemed a bit skinny, not too tall, and i didn't like how it reminded me of the MKvsDC boss.

Yup I discovered this also. If you are far screen, the only thing he will do is spam fire blast. If you rush him down, he doesnt do anything and you can just destroy him

Yup, once you're caught in the fire blast, good luck!

No, no, no. The Deadly Alliance is the easier boss in MK history. I wish corrupted Shinnok was bigger. He seemed a bit skinny, not too tall, and i didn't like how it reminded me of the MKvsDC boss.

Yup, once you're caught in the fire blast, good luck!

The Deadly Alliance boss was easy to. This one was hard for me (at first) but now i'm understanding what to do. The hardest for me all time was Shao Kahn in Shaolin Monks or Onaga in Deception