Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noob-Zer013 said:
I feel the same way. Possibly its the cybernetic heart to his cybernetic implants but not his actual heart.
So what you're saying is, It's a Power Source...Gotcha! LMAO!!!!!!

Maybe.
That said, Jax still had bones in his cybernetic arms in MK9, for the purposes of the X-Ray moves, even though his arms got completely blown off by Ermac in story mode.
I think Jax still having bone shown in his arm's when an x-ray was being done on him was more of gameplay mechanics oversight than actually purpose. Same goes for Kano's face. You saw his whole skull instead of a portion of his face.

Can't help but feel it's Bi han. And I hope to all it is! But I can see variants being different characters. I think Ermac/Kenshi Reptile/Charmill might get this treatment. It'd be pretty lame to kill off Sub's +20 year history. OG deserves his shine, not to mention it'd completely refresh the Scorpion rivalry since they have a legit grudge. We need the evil-out for himself Sub. More interesting.

Everything about this one's personality just rings bad guy.

Last edited:
I think Jax still having bone shown in his arm's when an x-ray was being done on him was more of gameplay mechanics oversight than actually purpose. Same goes for Kano's face. You saw his whole skull instead of a portion of his face.

Which is exactly my point in regards to Kano's heart.
I'm pretty sure that for the ease of mechanics and gameplay, Kano will have an actual heart in his body.
Otherwise, Scorpion and Kotal Kahn's Fatalities would have to be completely reworked, just for Kano, which I don't think NRS is going to do.
I'm pretty sure the animations for the fatalities are the same for every character that it's done on.
Kotal Kahn doing the fatality on Kano doesn't prove anything, IMO.

We likely won't get the answer as to whether or not that's an actual replacement for Kano's heart, until we actually get to play story mode, just the same way that you can't get the story behind Jax's arms by doing an arm X-Ray on him.
For gameplay and Fatality purposes, the bones in Jax's arms are there.
Story mode contradicts that.

Which is exactly my point in regards to Kano's heart.
I'm pretty sure that for the ease of mechanics and gameplay, Kano will have an actual heart in his body.
Otherwise, Scorpion and Kotal Kahn's Fatalities would have to be completely reworked, just for Kano, which I don't think NRS is going to do.
I'm pretty sure the animations for the fatalities are the same for every character that it's done on.
Kotal Kahn doing the fatality on Kano doesn't prove anything, IMO.

We likely won't get the answer as to whether or not that's an actual replacement for Kano's heart, until we actually get to play story mode, just the same way that you can't get the story behind Jax's arms by doing an arm X-Ray on him.
For gameplay and Fatality purposes, the bones in Jax's arms are there.
Story mode contradicts that.

Yeah im sure there will be generic game play mechanics and animations for all the character. But it would be cool if Kotal pulled out Kano's "Cybernetic Heart" if that's indeed what it officially is instead of an actual heart. More Character specific fatalities & xrays...still for the most part the same animation but for characters that have distinctive features it could be slightly altered.

I know you get what im saying!

no he looks american, hes not asaian if you think hes asian you need glasses

Seems like education is not your strong suit :)

Mortal-kombat-x-announcement-trailer-screenshot-sub-zero-3.jpg

Do you think that is American? This is American:

966b0a6ddd4910_full.jpg

Doesn't matter what the in-game graphics look like.

Sub-Zero is American, and that is final!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

This is only a proof that if you are born in US, you are an US citizen. Bruce Lee was also legally american.

We are talking about heritage, and this Sub-Zero can be born in US, but sure his heritage is not american, that's why "graphics" really matter.

And it is stated on this very text that they are from asian descent too.

This is only a proof that if you are born in US, you are an US citizen. Bruce Lee was also legally american.

We are talking about heritage, and this Sub-Zero can be born in US, but sure his heritage is not american, that's why "graphics" really matter.

And it is stated on this very text that they are from asian descent too.
Citizenship equals Nationality. Sub-Zero is as American as Apple Pie, Chuck Norris, and Babe Ruth.

Citizenship equals Nationality. Sub-Zero is as American as Apple Pie, Chuck Norris, and Babe Ruth.

Once again, the whole thing is not about nationality or citzenship, but heritage and appearance, in other words, genotype and phenotype.

Of course when I say "he doesn't look American" I mean to say, in a very poor way, that "he is not a caucasian from america", but he is "an asian descendant from US".

Once again, the whole thing is not about nationality or citzenship, but heritage and appearance, in other words, genotype and phenotype.

Of course when I say "he doesn't look American" I mean to say, in a very poor way, that "he is not a caucasian from america", but he is "an asian descendant from US".

Well if we're being realistic American=/=Caucasian. America doesn't have one nationality heritage wise. You could argue that the U.S did start in the British colonies but not all 1st generation Americans were Caucasian. In addition Parts of America were initially controlled by France and Spain. Sooo...
For the record I understand what you mean just figured I'd add fuel to the fire :D

Well if we're being realistic American=/=Caucasian. America doesn't have one nationality heritage wise. You could argue that the U.S did start in the British colonies but not all 1st generation Americans were Caucasian. In addition Parts of America were initially controlled by France and Spain. Sooo...
For the record I understand what you mean just figured I'd add fuel to the fire :D

Ok, let me try another way:

Sub-Zero: asian descendant, looks asian, no matter his citizenship.

My question is, was Kuai Liang's face from his MK3 costume in MK9 his actual face?

In his vignette, he looked very asian. So I'm assuming the costume was merely just for the sake of MK3 nostalgia (even though it wasn't exactly his MK3 costume)

I'm not saying this Sub-Zero in MKX is Kuai, just trying to speculate and make sense of all this Sub-Zero stuff.

Yeah im sure there will be generic game play mechanics and animations for all the character. But it would be cool if Kotal pulled out Kano's "Cybernetic Heart" if that's indeed what it officially is instead of an actual heart. More Character specific fatalities & xrays...still for the most part the same animation but for characters that have distinctive features it could be slightly altered.

I know you get what im saying!

Now I get what you're saying, but I still don't thing there will be character specific fatalities.

If that was the case, then Fatalities should be performed on Ferra also, but that's not the case.
Ed said that she falls off and the Fatality is performed on Torr.

Now I get what you're saying, but I still don't thing there will be character specific fatalities.

If that was the case, then Fatalities should be performed on Ferra also, but that's not the case.
Ed said that she falls off and the Fatality is performed on Torr.

Well if would be nice if things stsrted to eventually head thqat way especially with next gen graphics...F the BUDGET its Mortal Kombat...YOU'RE RICH BIOTCH !!!!!!

Seems like character specific fatalities would be too much to do in too little time, IMO, but that's just me.
Raiden's hat in MKX even falls off, to make the Fatalities easier to do on him, without the graphics clipping.

Can't help but feel it's Bi han. And I hope to all it is! But I can see variants being different characters. I think Ermac/Kenshi Reptile/Charmill might get this treatment. It'd be pretty lame to kill off Sub's +20 year history. OG deserves his shine,

Not only that, but the Bi-Han mask in MK9 resembles the MKX Sub-Zero mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.