Mirror's Edge 2

Bruzzrad

Looks like they're finally making Mirror's Edge 2. I loved the first game to death, but wished there was some improvements. Its just a teaser, but i'm ultra hyped....

When I saw the bright bloom and red accents at the E3 conference, I immediately knew it was a new Mirror's Edge game. I, too, loved the first one to death, but felt it a little short, like Portal short. So I hope this new game is not only longer, but has more tweaks to make the game play better.

When I saw the bright bloom and red accents at the E3 conference, I immediately knew it was a new Mirror's Edge game. I, too, loved the first one to death, but felt it a little short, like Portal short. So I hope this new game is not only longer, but has more tweaks to make the game play better.

The first one was a bit short. :<

I went through the first game twice. Once to just play it for the awesomeness that it is. The second time for beating the hardest difficulty and not using guns. It was sooooo much fun compared to what else was around at the time.

I also thought about how fun a multiplayer game of tag would be....

Last edited:
I own the first game, and I've never beat it, because it was the definition of repetitive.

Can't ever imagine paying full price for the sequel.

All video games are repetitive in their own way, it's just a matter of what you enjoy doing in a video game.

I just think it's extremely linear.

Mission-by-mission, with running, climbing, and guns.

No multiplayer, and since it's not open-world, couldn't really see any replay-ability besides the time trials. The whole ghost thing was cool, but short-lived.

I like games like Mirror's Edge. Gives you a lot of freedom as to how you're going to complete the level. I loved replaying levels over and over just trying to come up with new strategies on how to beat them faster. Same with Sonic Generations.

No multiplayer, and since it's not open-world, couldn't really see any replay-ability besides the time trials. The whole ghost thing was cool, but short-lived.

lol you just perfectly described Resident Evil 6 though so you sort of proved flawless' point.

minus the multiplayer part cuz RE6 did have multiplayer.

Nope, Still repetitive.

-Camp at the weapon spawns
-Spam Shot gun with the Ustaphag.

:rolleyes:

Anyways..

I wonder will there be any Co-op or PvP in this game.

Luckily for you, the sequel will supposedly have a more open world.

Open world or not I'm still looking forward to it as I loved the original despite any flaws. Open world would be an interesting direction however. I'm one of the people who have been hoping for a Mirror's Edge followup (which this is a prequel actually and not a sequel...) for some time now.

Also, those wondering about PvP and whatnot.. they said they aren't turning this into a shooter. So I kind of wouldn't expect a Brink'like multiplayer game out of it.......

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/1...-be-turned-into-a-shooter-will-be-open-world/

In fact I wouldn't mind if they skipped out on MP in general instead focusing on making the best single player game they can. I respect studios that do that these days. Focusing on SP feeling they don't have to tack on MP just to have a bullet point or checkbox on the DVD cover..... or simply because all games need to have MP.

They also seem to indicate that it will indeed be open world.

Last edited:
That's one hell of a challenge though to create a single-player game with lots of replyability that can make up for having no MP.

But since it's going open-world, it should fare up like other open world games like GTA, Skyrim, etc.

Linear single-player only games tend to be fun but die quickly. I'm a huge fan of the new Tomb Raider. The campaign is mind-blowingly awesome but has no replayability whatsoever. I tried to go through it again with the DLC outfits but I got tired quickly. Luckily, the different, fun MP justified my buying of the game.

Linear games with no MP? No bueno, at least not for a full 60 dollars. They have to kick some serious ass to make it worth the buy.

I'm in favor of the world design along the lines of Jak and Daxter, where regions of the world seamlessly connect to one another. I don't see it necessary for it be on the same scale as Skyrim if they have to sacrifice tightly designed levels or slow down sense of progression in the process.

Last edited: