Metal Gear Solid

Whaaat? I never used the glitches. That shit isn't cool.

MGS1 is my strongest game to beat in speedruns out of any game I've played. RE2 and RE3 still take me about 2 and a half - 3 hours to beat.

I can beat RE2, Leon A specifically in around 2 hours and 15 minutes, because its layout is basically sketched into my heart. This includes no saves, and no first aid sprays, for a maximum grade.

I love how DCP straight wrecked Olga. Dude knew exactly where to shoot. Cover was pointless :mullet:

Scenario A is easy as hell though. B is the real challenge.

RE3's puzzles is where I usually get stuck at. The puzzle at the end of RE3 is still one of the hardest RE puzzles to date. It's confusing as fvck.

The water puzzle?

And Mr. X is easy until his final form, which still isn't too much. And I found G Creature to be harder than first form Birkin, in my opinion.

Yup. That damn water puzzle.

It's been awhile since I played RE2, so my memory of it is a little bit fuzzy. But the items in scenario B are in different places than they are in A so it's harder for me to remember where the keys and such are.

I have mad respect for anyone that can do speed runs in any game, at it's hardest setting.
Personally, though, I like to take my time with MGS 2 & 3.
MGS 4 was also lots of fun, but I play 2 and 3 more.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
I'm so psyched for MGS Phantom Pain / Ground Zeroes.
given this whole photo-realism route that Kojima wants to take with future games, I'm also beginning to wonder if Geoff Keighley was interviewing himself or actually interviewing a CGI character.
If that was a CGI character being interviewed, which Kojima has been working on, then he has that photo-realism down packed.
GDC isn't too far away, so I can't wait to hear more news on Phantom Pain.

I love how DCP straight wrecked Olga. Dude knew exactly where to shoot. Cover was pointless :mullet:

Lol the Olga boss fight has multiple patterns, I got lucky and the game picked my favorite route. She sort of glitches out and stays in the same spot if you shoot her in the head.

I just uploaded a new MGS4 speedrun clocking in at 1 Hour 48 Minutes and 56 seconds.

Also, Konami will be hosting a Pre-E3 show June 6th (this Thursday) at 10am (PST) during which Hideo Kojima is showing off a new trailer with tons of gameplay and clues to the main theme behind MGSV. Konami also confirmed that the voice for Big Boss will be revealed. You can catch the show on Gamespot here

383410_10151415386215986_557708912_n.jpg

Last edited:
David Hayter has also been sending in funny tweets lately, such as this:

@DavidBHayter said:
I'm so excited for E3!

I just hope I don't lose my voice.

;-)

Don't know what that means exactly.
Can't tell whether he's hinting to the fans that he may be on the project again, or just screwing around.

I'm hoping that it means that Solid Snake will somehow be in MGSV, and that maybe Kojima is hiding that from the fans, as to not give out too much information regarding the game's plot.
I'm also hoping that Ground Zeroes will cover Big Boss establishing Outer Heaven in the first part of the game (like the Virtuous Mission in MGS3) and Phantom Pain will cover young Solid Snake infiltrating Outer Heaven (like Operation Snake Eater in MGS3).

It's not entirely impossible for MGSV to have 2 time gaps.
Anything is possible with Kojima.

Welp, Kiefer Sutherland is playing the role of a "49 year old Big Boss".
While I'm not entirely happy about Hayter being replaced either, I get the feeling that Big Boss wouldn't be going by young "Naked Snake" or really "Snake" anymore after MGSV for that matter.

Welp, Kiefer Sutherland is playing the role of a "49 year old Big Boss".
While I'm not entirely happy about Hayter being replaced either, I get the feeling that Big Boss wouldn't be going by young "Naked Snake" or really "Snake" anymore after MGSV for that matter.

How old did you think he was going to be?

And you must not have finished Peace Walker.

How old did you think he was going to be?

And you must not have finished Peace Walker.

I couldn't tell how old he was in the Phantom Pain trailers, but I wouldn't have guessed 49 years old.
I would have guessed somewhere in his mid to late 30s, which is why I was so pissed about Hayter not being young BB.
49 years old isn't anywhere near young "Snake."

I didn't get to finish PW because lots of the boss fights are impossible to do without MP, and MP with randoms sucks because I couldn't always find someone to finish those boss fight with.
People would lag out or the connection would drop, so I couldn't finish it.

Hayter still needs to voice Solid Snake, though.
Am I the only one that thinks that there's a possibility that Solid Snake may show up in Phantom Pain, after another time gap?
Who says that there only has to be 1 time gap in MGS5?

Assuming that Solid Snake is 12 in 1984 (He was born in 1972), why can't there be another time gap where he's 21, infiltrating Outer Heaven to take Big Boss down (ala Metal Gear 1 on the NES)???

Does anyone happen to have this picture, but the version with his faceplate open? I'm getting a Gray Fox tattoo and the one with his face plate open is the one I want. I have the picture but it's extremely small.

So what did you guys all think about the new Phantom Pain Trailer? It looks really ambitious; I didn't expect it to be open world, and of course the game looks awesome.

Trailer in case anyone hasn't seen it yet:

Director's Cut version of the trailer is now up; man, that beginning is crazy; definitely wasn't expecting all of that. I bet media outlets (FOX) is gonna have a field day when they see this:

Man, the more I see Eli, the more I think of Liquid; I'm not too good when it comes to MG lore, but I really think that he may have something to do with him. Also, just noticed that at the end Kaz is missing not just an arm, but a foot also.

Director's Cut version of the trailer is now up; man, that beginning is crazy; definitely wasn't expecting all of that. I bet media outlets (FOX) is gonna have a field day when they see this:

Man, the more I see Eli, the more I think of Liquid; I'm not too good when it comes to MG lore, but I really think that he may have something to do with him. Also, just noticed that at the end Kaz is missing not just an arm, but a foot also.

Sweet.

Thanks for this.
I didn't see the extended version.
Looks good. ;)

Why hasn't Konami given the MGS Legacy edition an EU release date yet?

I would like the entire saga in my collection but they still don't have an EU release. It better come ¬_¬