TRMK Matchup Discussions

I want to add more to that X-ray bit Rikolaw.

You also didn't mention the pro that Subzero's X-ray is a FAST approaching X-ray. The existence of it forces players to stop doing a projectile game. Unlike Kung laos which is stationairy, and can't be used to counter a projectile.

I'm not too experienced in the Kung v Sub match up, but I just apply general gameplay knowledge with Sub and see what I can exploit against him though.

I always try to get Lao into the corner, but by playing Lame though and back my way into the corner. If I try to rush down a good Lao and he finds a opening I'll be guessing for days. Sub's Uppercut is fast enough to punish the teleports, and he can punish the teleport with 2,1,2 into BnB so that's one of Lao's best tools gone.

I'm not too experienced in the Kung v Sub match up, but I just apply general gameplay knowledge with Sub and see what I can exploit against him though.

I always try to get Lao into the corner, but by playing Lame though and back my way into the corner. If I try to rush down a good Lao and he finds a opening I'll be guessing for days. Sub's Uppercut is fast enough to punish the teleports, and if the 3 whiffs after the teleport he can punish with 2,1,2 into BnB so that's one of Lao's best tools gone.

Subzero can punish harder than just uppercut. Watch that video of Denzell vs Carl.

He was getting 2,1,2 iceball punishes on Carl's teleports.

EDIT: and I mean by walking backwards out of kick range.

I thought you ment ducking under the 3 and making it whiff.

I just want the damage. On knockdown what can he do other than Teleport again to close in and put himself back in the same situation from the teleport or I could just punish with the 2,1,2 BnB to scare him into not using it again.

I just want the damage. On knockdown what can he do other than Teleport again to close in and put himself back in the same situation from the teleport or I could just punish with the 2,1,2 BnB to scare him into not using it again.

lol, after a uppercut you mean?

how about a wakeuplow hat? >.>

I think it takes a little bit of comitting to punish the teleport.

I'm not 100% sure cuz the frame data is a little confusing on this.

But I don't think you can walk out 2,1,2 punish if Kung lao hit your block and cancelled that into a teleport. Because of the move being cancelled he gets out of attack lag quickly, and subzero is stuck in block stun a little longer than a straight up naked teleport.

I want to test this -.-

Yes, and yea he can wake up low hat, but C'mon... He's a good distance away after the teleport. <_<

Then go test it then :mad:

Yes, and yea he can wake up low hat, but C'mon... He's a good distance away after the teleport. <_<

Then go test it then :mad:

and how do you expect me to attack block with kung lao, into teleport while blocking as subzero and walking away, doing 3 with lao and punishing with 2,1,2

by myself? >.>

You're Critical_limit, anything is possible if done by your hands :hail:

Lol, Get one of your Room mates or something.. I dunno.

... The Week is over (The shit has been over..), New match up.

Johnny Cage v Sonya Blade

Two big power houses when it comes to Godlike pressure, Discuss!

Lets start off with their tools.

If cage is willing to spend the meter can he ex nutpunch through MS resets?

If Cage is willing to take the risk he can nutpunch Sonya's d4 on prediction from right at the tip of it. Its too risky to throw out often, but if you have meter for a breaker and you think it's worth it you can do it.

Sonya all day. One whiffed anything from cage dive kick into monster damage plus reset by Sonya. That ex cartwheels is absurd, it needs to go in the derp hall of fame. Not to mention sonyas annoyingly fast rings, d4 shenanigans....cage has to Olay spot on as his only option.is getting close and praying ahe doesn't have meter.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

So Sonya's footsies are better than Cage, and she can keep him out with Rings.

However, She has to use D+4 sparingly or as a baiting tool to force Cage to whiff a Nutpunch. What about Sonya's options to get out of Cages frametraps other than poking? Can she Parry some of his strings with a EX cartwheel for Huge damage and the Oki Set up after?

However, She has to use D+4 sparingly or as a baiting tool to force Cage to whiff a Nutpunch. What about Sonya's options to get out of Cages frametraps other than poking? Can she Parry some of his strings with a EX cartwheel for Huge damage and the Oki Set up after?

EX cartwheel works wonders.

Yeah man, ex cartwheels is ridiculous. Cage really needs to be more cautious than usual or counter her ex cartwheels with his ex nutpunch.

So in a nutshell it's a footsies war between the two Lol, but the match up is heavily in Sonya's favor because of the tools she has to avoid pressure and to get out of it. I found my new Anti Cage character then.. Mileena can't do anything against Cage she's mainly playing defensive the entire match trying to whiff punish everything he throws out because none of her EX specials have armor so she had to be confident in poking or jumping out of the traps, but that's a whole different match up sorry for going off topic.

So in a nutshell it's a footsies war between the two Lol, but the match up is heavily in Sonya's favor because of the tools she has to avoid pressure and to get out of it. I found my new Anti Cage character then.. Mileena can't do anything against Cage she's mainly playing defensive the entire match trying to whiff punish everything he throws out because none of her EX specials have armor so she had to be confident in poking or jumping out of the traps, but that's a whole different match up sorry for going off topic.

Yeah man, even a half ass Sonya is scary.