UMK3 Ninja Pack Request Thread

I'll send you a pigeon.

Pigeon-Messenger1.jpg

Sounds like a plan.

In response to the pigeon:

ash_pokeball2.jpg

Geez, son. Umad? I don't read his every tweet. I meant I would not accept no more DLC. I guess this is it. Sorry I pissed you off even though I didn't say anything to you.

Err... What? I don't know what gave you the impression that I was either mad or pissed off... All I did was post the information from that tweet, and used your post to relay that information quickly. I'd suggest you try and look at things a little more objectively. Not everyone here is a raging fanboy looking for an argument.

The statement is true they are done with DLC.They only planned the 4 Characters even Boon said if Demand is there and Sales are good which they are they might do more. (I mean if this really is the end of DLC is a really SHi**Y way to go out in my opinion.) But I really don't believe they are done with DLC forever it would be stupid not to make more. It's clear people still want it. Besides if you could make money off of changing the color of 1 or 2 outfits why wouldn't you?

Last edited:
I love the OP idea,but i believe we have characters who demand more attention than our beloved ninjas
I would choose for the next costume pack
-Reptile in human form(the one seen in the artwork book)
-Mk3 sonya
-Cyber smoke(if they dont plan on making him an extra character at least give him as a costume)
-Mk1 cage or mk2 cage(basically without the tatoo,and with his old hair)
-Mk2 Jax
-Rain and all the DLC deserves a second costume.All of them(also voice in some of their moves or their intros...)
-Mk4 quan chi
-Mk1 raiden(with lots of lightning effect,more than he has now.I am talking about the thunders that go through his body)
That is all.Scorpion and sub-zero have already enough costumes.I wont complain for more,but other characters deserve more attention

The statement is true they are done with DLC.They only planned the 4 Characters even Boon said if Demand is there and Sales are good which they are they might do more. (I mean if this really is the end of DLC is a really SHi**Y way to go out in my opinion.) But I really don't believe they are done with DLC forever it would be stupid not to make more. It's clear people still want it. Besides if you could make money off of changing the color of 1 or 2 outfits why wouldn't you?

I agree. The costume is basically finished, apart from the mask. NRS would be daft not to use it.

As I mentioned in the first page of this thread, it's possible that these costumes could be used in future compatibility packs. But if nothing else is forthcoming, then these costumes could be used as NRS's absolutely final DLC - a second classic skins pack.

Give it time. A few weeks, perhaps a few months. Let NRS get their sales data, and see if they do anything with it.

Guys there is gonna be more DLC most likely but NRS is probably taking a break until September. I'd say that there will be a DLC reveal mid September.

It's a shame if NR are indeed done with DLC like Rigo says. It just feels like there is still room for it in the game, although when you think about it...klassic ninja MK2 & UMK3 costumes would not be the biggest seller. I'd definitely buy them as would you guys, but I don't think casuals would be excited. Especially since a lot of diehards aren't even excited. We've already had our share of klassic ninjas. And just because it's a palette swap doesn't mean it's not difficult to make, work still has to go into making the character animate and function correctly. Plus you have a tricky compatibility issue.

The way I see it, if we're not getting more DLC characters then we shouldn't expect more costumes. Stages and finishers have been officially counted out so there's really nothing to look forward to. Unless like a poster above me said, NR could release a final klassic costume pack down the road. I would definitely welcome at least one more character though, if NR decide to make one.

However, if DLC has stopped because of commitment to MK10, then it's all good. As great as more content for MK9 is, it's nothing compared to having the next game to look forward to. I love MK9 and I'm sure I could play it for years, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be hungry for MK10. After seeing what can be achieved with the support of WB, I don't know how anyone couldn't be.

I would really like a UMK3 costume pack. Put some fatalities with it too. Even as a huge ninja fan, I think the fans of the non ninja characters must be feeling a bit neglected, so some classic non ninja character would be nice.

However, if DLC has stopped because of commitment to MK10, then it's all good. As great as more content for MK9 is, it's nothing compared to having the next game to look forward to. I love MK9 and I'm sure I could play it for years, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be hungry for MK10. After seeing what can be achieved with the support of WB, I don't know how anyone couldn't be.

See I just can't get excited about MK10 it's just not going to be as good as this one for me. I think MK 1-3 our the best and Yes I played all the rest the games but after those is just started going down hill. And since this was a Retelling/Remake/Rein-visioning of those classic games I really think they should release MK1-3 Retros for every one. Because with a New MK there will be no reason for Retro Outfits and you know there not going to release the MK1 Male Ninja's and MK3 Female Ninja outfit pack again. I just want this game to be Complete right now It just doesn't feel like it :(

See I just can't get excited about MK10 it's just not going to be as good as this one for me. I think MK 1-3 our the best and Yes I played all the rest the games but after those is just started going down hill. And since this was a Retelling/Remake/Rein-visioning of those classic games I really think they should release MK1-3 Retros for every one. Because with a New MK there will be no reason for Retro Outfits and you know there not going to release the MK1 Male Ninja's and MK3 Female Ninja outfit pack again. I just want this game to be Complete right now It just doesn't feel like it :(

The thing is, it's never going to be a complete MKT like people want, even with the remaining klassic costumes. The glaring absence of Motaro, for instance, is enough of a reminder that it can never be complete. I think everyone should just accept this and move on. The costumes are just some nostalgic fun, everything about the game is worlds apart from the originals. Sure, it (sort of) tells the story of MK1-3, it's a return to 2d and it's a return to gore. It has a lot of nods to the classics. But that's it really. It's important to see it as Mortal Kombat 9, even if the title is missing the digit. When it's recognized for what it is, a direct continuation from MKA, the "missing" parts are no longer an issue. Things like klassics costumes are nice additions, but in a game where everything is re-imagined, they're not necessary and they never were.

Come on! the game's only a few months old why stop here? Red Dead has been out for over a year and they're still releasing DLC for it... Don't get me wrong I love this game as it is, and I respect NRS for giving us as much free stuff as they did, but I WANT MOAR!!!

Come on! the game's only a few months old why stop here? Red Dead has been out for over a year and they're still releasing DLC for it... Don't get me wrong I love this game as it is, and I respect NRS for giving us as much free stuff as they did, but I WANT MOAR!!!

YEAH UMK3 Ninja outfits FTW

If they are going to realese more DLC, I dont want more overrated classic costumes, I want at least a few more characters and new costumes.
Though I would be very happy and pleased with Cyber Smoke (DLC char) and Human Reptile (alt. costume), those 2 things are in the top of my list, and 1P vs CPU too, but is very unlikely =/

Even though I don't mind not having Cyber Smoke, I'd happily buy him, and as for human reptile YES YES YES! Just his MK1 costume was enough to make me use him a lot more, and a better human costume would be awesome...

Even though I don't mind not having Cyber Smoke, I'd happily buy him, and as for human reptile YES YES YES! Just his MK1 costume was enough to make me use him a lot more, and a better human costume would be awesome...

I love his reptilian MK9 costume, but I want a human one for a change, and I think his classic is retarded and boring so is not an option for me =/