Cyrax Thread - "Safeties Disabled; Combat Mode Engaged!"

60% isn't hard for one bar, hell I can hit 65 % on a good day so why u trollin? Whatever though cyrax doesn't need a low combo string. Why? Cause of his high damage output and bomb traps if he had a low string he would be over powered. Cyrax reminds me of Dante from mvc3. Good in a noobs hands but deadly in the hands of someone tha knows what their doing

im not trolling ffs. from what ive seen the chars damage is balanced around what else they can do, and if cyrax can do 60% one bar combos he must not be able to do much else or hes doing more damage then he should. im obviously no ttalking about resets or anything, just a straight up combo. hell reptile was nerfed for being able to do 39% combos with no compensation (not saying i think he needed compensation, it was a balance nerf).

from what ive seen of most chars 40-45% is a VERY strong combo and they might be able to get 50-55% from 1-2 bars but not 60%.

your last point sorta brings up what i said earlier, a low combo string would unbalance him with such high combo damage, so you go from calling me a troll to agreeing with my opinion? sorry i know im tired but thats just confusing to me lol.

either way, i think cyrax is a good char, i can see him as needing something, but in terms of a low combo starter hed need to take damage nerfs across the board. now better startup/recovery animations on buzz saw and maybe some other indirect tweaks could be a diff story...

im not trolling ffs. from what ive seen the chars damage is balanced around what else they can do, and if cyrax can do 60% one bar combos he must not be able to do much else or hes doing more damage then he should. im obviously no ttalking about resets or anything, just a straight up combo. hell reptile was nerfed for being able to do 39% combos with no compensation (not saying i think he needed compensation, it was a balance nerf).

from what ive seen of most chars 40-45% is a VERY strong combo and they might be able to get 50-55% from 1-2 bars but not 60%.

your last point sorta brings up what i said earlier, a low combo string would unbalance him with such high combo damage, so you go from calling me a troll to agreeing with my opinion? sorry i know im tired but thats just confusing to me lol.

either way, i think cyrax is a good char, i can see him as needing something, but in terms of a low combo starter hed need to take damage nerfs across the board. now better startup/recovery animations on buzz saw and maybe some other indirect tweaks could be a diff story...

Just saying your trollin cause overstepping people is rude in my opinion :p but I do agree with some of what your saying

God damn you Tony can you stop with these videos already?? Every time I think I'm going to put Cyrax down for a little bit you come out with all of these insane combos that blow my mind and I'm back in the lab with him yet again. I already hvae like 3.5 days playtime with him. haha ;)

Good stuff dude, I'll definitely be learning some of these.

God damn you Tony can you stop with these videos already?? Every time I think I'm going to put Cyrax down for a little bit you come out with all of these insane combos that blow my mind and I'm back in the lab with him yet again. I already hvae like 3.5 days playtime with him. haha ;)

Good stuff dude, I'll definitely be learning some of these.

thanks Reaver!

yea i know, i had to fast track the vid. i think its getting patched after evo.

Anyways, I would love to see you participate in a tournament sometime wether is online or offline, I don't care. I want to see what you really pull off in real matches. And i'm pretty sure alot of cyrax players out there will learn/benefit from you and get in deeper inside cyrax's gameplay.

How? By not allowing double nets? Ugh if they do anything to him right now it would seriously make me mad. Cause he is a hard character to use and he already had no low combo starters they can't take out his bombs mid combo cause then we would have to solely rely on resets and kick punch command grab mixups for damage....ugh this reminds me of when arcs works messed with bang and jin and noel in blaxblue.... hope it doesn't make me stop playing like they did

Are you guys serious? Cyrax NEEDS to be patched... again. I don't honestly think he's even "hard" to use at all. Compare him to Sheeva and you'll have your answer. Hell, even compare him with Shang Tsung. Seriously, by using a mere meter bar with over 50% damage is simply too much for any character and you can even use Cyrax for more. It's so common to watch people doing those huge juggles online with just 1 meter bar. It's so surreal that Cyrax fans are actually demanding buffs for him! :| Even asking why he will be patched seems crazy for me.

I actually am a huge Cyrax fan in MK9, but he's still not balanced with the rest of most characters. Obviously he's no Kung Lao, but he does need to be patched a bit...

Are you guys serious? Cyrax NEEDS to be patched... again. I don't honestly think he's even "hard" to use at all. Compare him to Sheeva and you'll have your answer. Hell, even compare him with Shang Tsung. Seriously, by using a mere meter bar with over 50% damage is simply too much for any character and you can even use Cyrax for more. It's so common to watch people doing those huge juggles online with just 1 meter bar. It's so surreal that Cyrax fans are actually demanding buffs for him! :| Even asking why he will be patched seems crazy for me.

I actually am a huge Cyrax fan in MK9, but he's still not balanced with the rest of most characters. Obviously he's no Kung Lao, but he does need to be patched a bit...

Patched? Wow, what a load of crap. I can break 50 with nightwolf with one bar des he need patching to? One bar rain? 46 one bar shung. Man do yur research just cause peple get caught and don't know how to use breakers doesn't mean sonething should get patch. That's just stupid. Cyrax has no low combo starters block strings that are the exact same timing as his others no cross ups and a command grab that does 12%. Not to mention one of the shittiest sweeps in the game. He needs to be able to damage people cause he's got nothing else that's wtf breakers are for.

Patched? Wow, what a load of crap. I can break 50 with nightwolf with one bar des he need patching to? One bar rain? 46 one bar shung. Man do yur research just cause peple get caught and don't know how to use breakers doesn't mean sonething should get patch. That's just stupid. Cyrax has no low combo starters block strings that are the exact same timing as his others no cross ups and a command grab that does 12%. Not to mention one of the shittiest sweeps in the game. He needs to be able to damage people cause he's got nothing else that's wtf breakers are for.

imo there shouldnt be any combos going over 30% but hay...thats me lol. id settle for 40%. also cyrax is markedly easier to nail the high % combos then most chars.

of course id say give him some sort of compensation. Even tho there are other chars whose max combo potential is far less then cyrax, and they dont have low starters either. people seriously overestimate the low starter thing.

however all in all, the game is how it is, i guess nrs likes the 2-3 combos and your dead style of things :p

imo there shouldnt be any combos going over 30% but hay...thats me lol. id settle for 40%. also cyrax is markedly easier to nail the high % combos then most chars.

of course id say give him some sort of compensation. Even tho there are other chars whose max combo potential is far less then cyrax, and they dont have low starters either. people seriously overestimate the low starter thing.

however all in all, the game is how it is, i guess nrs likes the 2-3 combos and your dead style of things :p

Ok let's go down the list. Cyrax needs the high damage output. Jax? His resets are complety unblockable and he has a 100% block strin that would even allow you to duck so it will kill you. Sheeva? He frana advantage after she knows you down is good like and she's the only character with actual frama traps. Baraka is underestimated but damage output is around 33 38 every singly time not most chars can do that. Striker and sonya also have frame advantage so uppercuts and sweeps can litterally save you. Ermac is a nother caracter with no low combo starters but high damage output. 1 meter 47 2 meter 52 62% xray. Even scorp has a low combo starter. F4 into spear crazy mix up potientail. Just cause you get caught by big combos doesn mean anything should change. People who can do these combos should be rewarded for it. Cause if they decreams the damage that me the big huge comboc gonna be doing 40 and your lil scrub combo aren't gonna break 10. Ha sucks for you