Discovered Combos (any character)

@MK veteran JJ: Have you tried putting an X-ray on the end? Either way I'm gonna try lol but it'd be nice to know going into it.

Yes bro i have tried the X-ray for it....this combo is usually done mid-screen....instead of the slide (or enhanced slide) after you press triangle, quickly press and hold R2+L2 and let go after his last hit (triangle) hits, and you will successfully connect the x-ray. This whole combo does 51% damage just to let you guys know. its the easiest and most powerful midscreen combo to pull off.

My favorite one ive done with Sub-Zero is:

Powered up Ice clone(so it lasts longer) then jump over opponant press Tria. in the air followed by Tria,Square,Tria-this should knock them into the ice clone. (Opponant should be in the air the entire time during this next phase) Then back + Square, dash, square, dash, tria, tria, circ, imediately do your powered up slide move while the opponant is flying away from you after your kick, this will finish the combo and its alot of fun to do. Also you need to have your bar up enough to be able to do the 2 powered up moves.

I have alot more ive done with Sub. This one is very hard to pull of I think and I still screw up on it sometimes

I found a couple w/ Scorp that work when actually fighting a person:

Jump in Square>squarex2>spear>vollyball launch>dash-x-x>teleport>dash-x-x>teleport>air throw. 13 hits for 37%

Jump in Square>squarex2>spear>vollyball launch>dash-back+tri>x-ray. it's about 47%, timing is kind of strict, you have to get the dash to back+tri immediately and also the xray as soon as it'll let you.

Yes bro i have tried the X-ray for it....this combo is usually done mid-screen....instead of the slide (or enhanced slide) after you press triangle, quickly press and hold R2+L2 and let go after his last hit (triangle) hits, and you will successfully connect the x-ray. This whole combo does 51% damage just to let you guys know. its the easiest and most powerful midscreen combo to pull off.

I disagree lol. My combo does 53% at midscreen and it only takes 8 hits and it's all basic combo's. No jumping required. (Not trying to be rude) Just sayin lol. I think it's the combo dampener. Which is stupid. I can only seem to get 53% max. I can add like 5 hits to that combo but it just gets weaker. FLAW!

Edit: I and I just remembered it can pulled off in the corner. You just don't hold onto the X-ray.
Hold for midscreen, let it fly for the corner.

Hello fellow Mk fans new Guy here anyway was browsing this post and thought I'd mention a subzero combo I don't see here it a corner combo triangle square circle ice ball pause circle triangle triangle circle it only does 8 hits for 37% damage but if you add an xray its 11 hits and 52%

I've been training with Scorpion for a couple of days. His combos rely on chaining teleports. Very powerful but hard to pull off.

1. Square,Square,Spear, Jump Punch(lift),BackTriangle(Lift),Dash,X,X,Teleport,Teleport,Spear + wakeup Enhanced Hellfire.
The spear can be replaced with pretty much anything. You can attempt a 3rd teleport but it may not connect. Or you can use Back-Down-Circle for the grab.

2. Square,Square,Spear,Jump Punch(lift), BackTriangle(lift),JumpKick+Teleport,Jumpkick+Teleport,Teleport,Spear + wakeup Enhanced Hellfire.
It does about 45% percent and the hellfire cannot be dodged(another 10%) which is totally nuts! I've tried squeezing another teleport in there but it rarely connects.

Last edited:
Johnny Cage

Back+X, Forward+Circle, Square, Square, Square, enhanced low forceball

Jump+Square, Forward+X, X, Back+X, nut punch, flip kick

Johnny Cage

Back+X, Forward+Circle, Square, Square, Square, enhanced low forceball

Jump+Square, Forward+X, X, Back+X, nut punch, flip kick

You can't do Forward + Circle following a Back + X. And everything after Forward + X on the second combo is blockable.

Sub-Zero-

22, df+3, 2, 1, 4 bf+4=28% Haven't landed enhanced yet

b+1, 2, df+3, 2, 1, 4, bf+4=31% Same as above, that's all I got

Last edited:
I discoverd the Johnny cage can counter ANYTHING if he is up close, I mean projectiles, X-rays, and grabs. His X-ray triumphs over all, also if you intterupted his x-ray before it is finished he does not lose any of his meter lol. I also found out his infinite punch works even on expert difficulty. As for combos, I can combo into his enhacned moved pretty well, and that shadow kick of his, I can't do anything like in the trailer videos and it is impossible to combo his x-ray lol.

Here's an easy one for Sub-Zero.

BackSquare,Triangle,Ice Ball,JumpPunch(for Juggle),Dash,BackSquare,TriangleX4 About 35% damage

I discoverd the Johnny cage can counter ANYTHING if he is up close, I mean projectiles, X-rays, and grabs. His X-ray triumphs over all, also if you intterupted his x-ray before it is finished he does not lose any of his meter lol. I also found out his infinite punch works even on expert difficulty. As for combos, I can combo into his enhacned moved pretty well, and that shadow kick of his, I can't do anything like in the trailer videos and it is impossible to combo his x-ray lol.
Expect people to stand in a corner and spam projectiles at you when your JC has a full bar... lol
And yes, his jab is broken in the demo. You can keep mashing triangle and do 100% damage. >_>

Wow, I thought this thread had kind of died down. Thanks for all the support guys, I'll test and add all of your combos to the official list when I get out of class. (5:20)

was just gonna make a thread like this, gg search button

Scorpion
8 hits, 47% damage
lp(square), lp, spear, jump punch volley (jump in and hit sq or tri on ur way down), dash forward, uppercut (or back+triangle volley), then x ray.

After some more tests a fairly easy subzero 52% midscreen combo back square triangle volleyball punch dash back square triangle pause triangle triangle circle xray watch outhouse though the back square combo starter is easily punished

You can combo his X-ray. I've done so much damage out of it the game glitches and can't register the damage correctly. Check out my latest video on YouTube if you wanna see what I'm talking about.

While others are enjoying the full game I'm still practicing combos on the demo :(

I got one question:

Scorpion's teleport. What is the easiest way to use the Teleport more than once in a combo? Ideally I want to master it so that i can use it at least three times but Im having a hard time getting my opponent so high in the air to allow me to use it twice, let alone three times. I've seen a youtube clip where some dude did like a %60+ combo with Scorp using the teleport like four or five times. I tried and i can't seem to get it to work.

What's the trick?

While others are enjoying the full game I'm still practicing combos on the demo :(

I got one question:

Scorpion's teleport. What is the easiest way to use the Teleport more than once in a combo? Ideally I want to master it so that i can use it at least three times but Im having a hard time getting my opponent so high in the air to allow me to use it twice, let alone three times. I've seen a youtube clip where some dude did like a %60+ combo with Scorp using the teleport like four or five times. I tried and i can't seem to get it to work.

What's the trick?

If other games are any testimony, just get fast but stay steady.

Mileena

Moves for PS3:

Special Moves are in Bold

Up O, triangle,Roll, Enhanced Teleport Drop, Enhanced Sai Blast

7 hits, 28% damage

It is extremely easy to pull off. The Up O is a very good launcher, especially when you mix in her double sweep move. The double sweep attacks low but looks sort of funky causing the opponent to be worried about low attacks. When you switch to the launcher, it causes problems for the opponent since it seems like the launcher will attack low, but then she rises and attacks high. Very effective.

Also, I hate preset button taps for combos. I am an MKII traditionalist...combos should mostly be linked special moves in my opinion.....which will hurt me in the long run with this game.