Worst Reviews Ever. A 5.7/10 & 6.1/10?!

Haha, like you can compare the challenge tower to that hopelessly pointless training mode in SFIV, that thing was just a dull repetitious series of "Do this combo.... ok now do this combo..... now do this one", challenge tower is far more than that. Sounds like the reviewer was just determined to hate the game if had problems like that with it. If it came out as a bare bones game like MvC3 did with no content at all he'd be complaining about that, instead hes complaining because it has too much content and is going to take him time to play through.

The reviewer posted some valid arguments. Don't get all butthurt because it isn't a 10/10. People are entitled to their own opinions, even if it differs from your own. An 88 average is still a great score. What if gamespot gives the game a 7.0? Is everyone here going to freak out and exclaim how gamespot is a lousy review site? People seriously need to chill out. If you like the game, go play it and enjoy it. Don't go berserk over someone who doesn't think it is as good as you do.

Regardless of the usual flaws in MK fighting mechanics, this game is clearly better than a 5.7 or a 6.1.

These have to be a joke. No focking way. The game is a damn 9.5. I still can't believe IGN saying the graphics are a 7.5.

No sense in caring about reviews especially online reviews written by some f*****g hacks. wait til p.t.o.m. or x-box throw their reviews out in a few weeks. I have no doubt theyll be stellar.

The site lists the game as a Beat 'Em Up and Portal 2 as a FPS. That should destroy any credibility right away. Along with this game apparently being worse then Fighter's Uncaged. (Got 31 on metacritic) and 64% on that site.

I 'unno, maybe they are doing it for the hits?

There are no hard rules when it comes to game genres. I see "beat 'em up" and "fighting" used interchangeably depending on the publication you read, printed or online.

There are no hard rules when it comes to game genres. I see "beat 'em up" and "fighting" used interchangeably depending on the publication you read, printed or online.

But would you call Portal a FPS?

It's just funny to me. Anyway, it's because they think the game is "amazingly fun" but still grade it harshly that makes me laugh.

But would you call Portal a FPS?

It's just funny to me. Anyway, it's because they think the game is "amazingly fun" but still grade it harshly that makes me laugh.

I only played the demo for a few minutes, and haven't got a feel for the game yet. I got the impression it's a first-person platformer. I don't know if there are any combat situations. Then again, this my point of view not the theirs. People have been splitting hairs over whether Smash Brothers is a fighting game or not; but it hardly matters in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
Here's one from EuroGamer. 7/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-20-mortal-kombat-review

One user comment states

"Compare this to the almost non existent IGN review and there's a world of difference in the quality of the writing. Yet EuroGamer gives a lower score but praises the game more over IGN."

Snipit from article

"On the one hand, if offers a single-player experience that's very comprehensive, but as a competitive fighting game, it falls short of the Japanese competition by a wide margin. The less restrictive combo system is a step in the right direction, but an overburdened super gauge doesn't pick this out as a future tournament favourite."

Don't know how they can classify the title as non-competitive this premature, then goes on to contradict super meter and it's effects on MK compared to the "praised" other Jap competitive games....Jap fighter Fanboy revealed...

Last edited:
That further proves why ratings don't mean anything. Anyways, reviewers of video game magazines and websites are usually not the authority of fighting games. Heck, the author didn't even give a reason why it would not be tourney worthy.

I wouldn't sweat it. MK games never really got rave reviews to begin with ever. They were always depicted as a 2D violent video game franchise. I still say the game is pretty solid. The reviewer does have some points but the game is at least a 8.5-9.0 in my book.

Are you freaking kidding me? No way this game should be any less than an 8.0.

There is a lot of fun stuff to do in the game even if you do not want to play on a competitive level, so just by the aspect of content it is already worth the price.

I think some smaller sites like to give low grades on some reviews to generate traffic. They succceeded.

I don't usually like fighting games, but have always had a soft spot in my heart for MK. This game should get at least a 9.

"Falling prey to these X-Ray combos is common, but, that said, the sight of seeing Scorpion ram the sharp end of his sword through that irritating sod Johnny Cage’s eye-socket is pretty neat for those with wanton bloodlust"

wow this guys an idiot. he claims hes a reviewer but doesnt even get the characters right. i mean how can you confuse baraka with scorpion. replilish looking guys with huge blades coming out of his arms, and huge gnashing teetch or a guy with a skeletal type helmet.

i dont agree with any of his points