Worst Reviews Ever. A 5.7/10 & 6.1/10?!

Kelsper

It's sad to see how corrupted most reviewers are nowadays with their biased goggles. The game deserves at least a 7.5, and frankly more, wouldn't we agree?

Just sad that some people may get fooled into thinking this is a good review.

if almost cartoonish – characters.

I almost flipped my lid at this point.

Ronster

Seems like if they don't like somthing they just hack the score right down on this site.... Anyway who's Now Gamer?

Is it for women?

Adjun

I wouldn't even pay attention to reviewers like this. There are going to be some butt-hurt MK-haters out there that try to grab attention for themselves by reviewing this game undeservedly low. Anyone who knows me on here knows that I can be one critical nit-picky S.O.B. With that said, after playing for just a couple hours, this game is far and beyond a well-made and truly worthy successor to the king, MKII. So, screw these harsh reviews and just enjoy the return of Mortal Kombat! :)

Andre Delaney

never heard of this site, anyone else notice that sites without any real reputation, or websites that no one has heard of are the ones giving this title really low scores, its fanboys and also attention seeking to get more hits, just ignore it. No reputable site could give this game less than 9. no way. and that means IGN aint reputable, but we all knew that anyway

Kelsper

Having a fight with him over Twitter.

Kelsp3r said:
@NowGamer_Dave You ARE a SF fanboy. Every other site is giving this game 8's or higher, you are just wrapped behind biased goggles. Good day

His response (he gets very defensive):

NowGamer_Dave said:
@Kelsp3r Well, no, I'm really not. You do understand that nostalgia doesn't make a game good surely? The fight mechanic is crap. And you are a Mortal Kombat fanboy clearly, due to your avatar. Can't you see that we're at an impasse here? At least I wasn't afraid to tell the truth about the game. All other reviews keep going on about the nostalgia factor. So what? And FYI, bias is wholly unprofessional. Bias never enters into any of my reviews. You don't know me so please stop assuming. Thanks. Really loving the Mortal Kombat fan's reaction to my review. Never seem so many people blinded by nostalgia-tinted glasses as I have today.

My response:

Kelsp3r said:
@NowGamer_Dave I am not a Mortal Kombat fanboy. I realize that the game has flaws, but the pros outweigh the cons and make it at least a 8. You are not telling the truth, you are just telling lies and misinformation like there is no online multiplayer. You are really grasping at straws so don't even try to deny it. It really saddens me what video game reviewing is nowadays. Also, you have "Ken Masters is God" as your little bio thing. That's great. It's not that I really care about your review. In fact, I find it kind of funny you would automatically think me a MK fanboy just by having this avatar.

I'm done with this guy.

EDIT: This guy is trolling, really, he has to be:

On all MK games
"They really aren't good games, just popular due to the violence gimmick, a gimmick that has grown tired."

"My score is low because the game is technically inferior, but I also mention that it's a lot of fun too" - makes no sense.

Last edited:

Prophet

Here's the only part I really don't understand:

Graphics: 8.2/10
Sound: 7.6/10
Gameplay: 5.3/10
Longevity: 7.4/10
Multiplayer: 6.2/10

Overall: 5.7/10

I thought an overall review was supposed to be an average of the subratings, that's why the subratings are there in the first place...

Kelsper

Here's the only part I really don't understand:

Graphics: 8.2/10
Sound: 7.6/10
Gameplay: 5.3/10
Longevity: 7.4/10
Multiplayer: 6.2/10

Overall: 5.7/10

I thought an overall review was supposed to be an average of the subratings, that's why the subratings are there in the first place...

I wouldn't try to read too far into this...

Brandonspikes

A review is a review..However.

For those who bash IGN, realize they are at least professional, These guys aren't at all, they are casual reviewers who don't know much, I wouldn't even care about their opinion IMO as it wont be on metacritic.

For example, they call portal 2 an FPS.. Its a first person puzzle game FFS