Win an all-expenses paid trip to meet Boon, tour NRS studios & get an MK arcade cab

TedMoon

Win an all-expenses paid trip to meet Boon, tour NRS studios & get an MK arcade cab

GameStop PowerUp Rewards Mortal Kombat Epic

All-expense paid trip for you and a friend to meet creator Ed Boon and tour NetherRealm Studios in Chicago, IL
Klassic Mortal Kombat Arkade Cabinet with Gaming System and LCD Screen*
A tournament edition of Mortal Kombat signed by the Mortal Kombat development team

http://www.freestufftimes.com/contests/01/gamestop-powerup-rewards-mortal-kombat-epic/

Looks like we have confirmation - just saw this on MKO.

I was in Gamestop today, and I was talking to the guy about Mortal Kombat. All of the promo stuff was on the counter getting ready to be put up. He told me something about a drawing that (if you win) gives you a trip to Illinois to NRS to meet the team, and an MK arcade cabinet w/ an HD tv for the screen. There were some other things (autographs and such) but those are the two main things i remember. What i DONT remember, is how to qualify!!!! can someone help me out? Thx

-Rasta
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=131382

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip to meet Boon, tour NRS studios & get an MK arcade c

Sounds awesome, but there's no way I will win this lol. I never win contests, and the chances of this one is probably in the ballpark of 1 in a million. It's be cool if one of the people on an MK website wins it though.

Re: Win an all-expenses paid trip to meet Boon, tour NRS studios & get an MK arcade c

I don't like how entries are based simply by purchasing anything or trade ins using your rewards card. It should at least require a pre-order or purchase of something MK related. Someone could win and not even like MK or appreciate the prizes offered.

Last edited:

Wow. WB aint playin games this Spring

Wow, cool! But I'm probably not gonna win, like Blackcyborg, I never win any contests. :(

Wow. WB aint playin games this Spring

-Showings at E3, Gamescom, Gamestop conference, Pax, GTTV, X-Play, and Pax East
-Special Editions
-Weekly Mortal Monday and Fatality Friday updates (Wallpapers, Videos, MKasts)
-MK Xbox Avatar clothing and later DLC
-Exclusive character from another big hit franchise
-Magazine reveals
-MK Music Album
-MK Web Series
-MK at EVO for the 1st time
-MK Action Figures
-MK T-Shirt
-MK Tournament in Europe
-MK Road Tour
-Epic Contest

Yeah, damn WB and their terrible marketing of the game...oh wait. lol

Don't forget Blu-Rays of the movies on the game's release date with DLC codes

-Special Editions
-MK Music Album
-MK Web Series
-MK Action Figures
-MK T-Shirt
-MK Tournament in Europe
-MK Road Tour

Just discovered I can't even participate!

Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 US and the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico who are at least 13 years of age.

Damn, my country is so excluded. I wish I lived in USA.

*Runs to nearest Gamestop store and trades in Dante's Inferno*
I'm at least gonna try to enter, meh, who knows, maybe I'll get lucky. At least I have a reason to sell DI now haha. Now I just need to finish paying off the Kollector's edition...

-Special Editions
-Magazine reveals
-MK Music Album
-MK Web Series
-MK Action Figures
-MK T-Shirt
-MK Tournament in Europe
-MK Road Tour
-Epic Contest

What? I wasnt bashing the marketing...what is this list proving?

So if I go and trade in like 3 or 4 games, will that be 3 or 4 entries, or just 1???

What? I wasnt bashing the marketing...what is this list proving?

No, I'm agreeing with you. lol

It was a knock at all those who bash and complain about WB's marketing of this game, and claim it's terrible just because they aren't releasing all the info left and right.

So if I go and trade in like 3 or 4 games, will that be 3 or 4 entries, or just 1???

I'm a little curious to this as well. I think you just get 1 total, but the way the rules are stated is bit hazey, and makes it seem like you might get an entry for each transaction you do, limit of 2 per day. Not sure though.

Here ya go (exerpt from the website):
To Enter: There are three (3) ways to enter Sweepstakes. There is a limit of a total of two (2) entries per entrant per each day of the Sweepstakes Period regardless of entry method. These two (2) entries can be achieved via a combination of the below entry methods. Entry limitations associated with entry method, if any, are specified below.

Free GameStop® PowerUp Rewards Members: Make a purchase transaction in-store during Sweepstakes Period and receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes. Entrant must transact with entrant’s PowerUp Rewards Card to be eligible. Limit of two (2) entry per day via this method.

Pro GameStop® PowerUp Rewards Members: Make a purchase transaction
in-store during Sweepstakes Period and receive two (2) entries into Sweepstakes. Entrant must transact with entrant’s PowerUp Rewards Card to be eligible.

Enter via Online: Visit http://www.poweruprewards.com/epicreward/Entry, a website owned and controlled by GameStop® (“Website”) and complete all required fields on the online entry form and submit as requested and receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. This method of entry does not require the entrant to make any purchase transaction.

Last edited:

No, I'm agreeing with you. lol

It was a knock at all those who bash and complain about WB's marketing of this game, and claim it's terrible just because they aren't releasing all the info left and right.

I'm a little curious to this as well. I think you just get 1 total, but the way the rules are stated is bit hazey, and makes it seem like you might get an entry for each transaction you do, limit of 2 per day. Not sure though.

oh oh oh lol. ok. im weird. my bad lol but yea, you can tell the mkting dept is putting in work.

why does it say its only open to USA, but it has all the canadian provinces in there?? It let me pick my city and province in canada, but wouldnt let me put in my postal code, only accepted zip codes

I entered, maybe I'll get lucky. . .*shrugs shoulders* Anyway, the game is close to release day so it's all good.

They'll definitely be getting 1 entry a day from me. This kind of stuff is too hot to pass up lol.

Just entered! It's the least I could do... ;)

District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico are included with the US but not Canada?

Wow, NRS, you can go suck a huge dick. Why the **** do your friendly neighbors to the north get shunned?

SUCK IT

Blow me!

Last edited: