why has sub-zero aged?

Goraka

there's been questions like this before regarding sub-zero aging for deadly alliance and stuff, and i realise that liu kang is immortal so doesnt age, and in outworld they dont age, and also dead things like scorpion and noob dont either, but how come sonya, jax and cage didnt age, when sub-zero has? and quite a lot too

His amulet gave him great power, but with great power comes great... oops, that ain't MK.

But his amulet took a toll on him and aged him prematurely.

The others haven't aged because MK1 went straight into MK2, which never had a real ending. It just went straight to MK3. There was a slight lull, then Quan Chi tried to take over Edenia (MK4) which was thwarted. After which there was another lull in all the realms. Quan Chi escaped the Neatherrealm again and that started MKDA. That one never ended and went right into MKD. So there were only a few periods where our favorite video games' characters weren't in Mortal Kombat to save the Earth or some other realm.

Well then, Liu Kang immortal? Yeah my left foot. Didn't you watch his neck start here........................... and wind up over here really fast? Is his eye sticking out in the game? Subby aged a good bit by the Medallion, or we could go with the frost making his hair look white, well hell look at his face it's all wrinkled. BUT once he has his mask on in MKDA he looks fine, and without his mask in MKD he looks fine, then again you must remember both Sub-Zero and Scorpion were the same age back in 1992, they were 32. So it's what? 13 years later? So that's 45, could be a reasonable age to start getting the loose skin disease known as old age. However, makes one wonder beacuse the first Mortal Kombat is apparently NOT the Subby we know and love today. So who knows how young the younger brother of the fifth sub-zero is? Which brings me to this point, could the sub-zero we have now actually be the fifth and original? Why not? The scar could actually be from his fight in the first Mortal Kombat with Scorpion after all, I mean how much could Scorpion do to him to kill him? Look at Raiden and Shang Tsung from MKD's beginning, to me it looked like Raiden died, but he didn't, to me it looked like Quan Chi being the bad ass that he is crushed Tsung's wind pipe, but he got back up. Never said HOW Scorpion killed the original, just said he did, which in Mortal Kombat means jack diddly.

Sub-Zero said:
then again you must remember both Sub-Zero and Scorpion were the same age back in 1992, they were 32. So it's what? 13 years later? So that's 45, could be a reasonable age to start getting the loose skin disease known as old age.

Yeah, thats real years. MK isn't following the same path though.

He is a Normal Person with freezing powers.He is not a Ninja,so yes he dose age.His brother that died in MK2 was a Ninja.

Noob-Ermac said:
He is a Normal Person with freezing powers.He is not a Ninja,so yes he dose age.His brother that died in MK2 was a Ninja.

Nope, he was Lin Kuei. He gets very upset in Konquest when you call him a ninja. Or it was in some other story line. Or maybe it was Scorpion who got upset because he was called Lin Kuei. Either way, Scorpion is the only true Ninja in MK.

the age of characters wouldn't really matter one way or another, i mean if they can revive one dude, kill one dude, revive another, kill another, have shang tsung to from old ass bastard to young, and all that, im pretty sure that they could make up any goofy story for why whoever ages, dies, comes back etc.

K1LLKANO said:
Noob-Ermac said:

Nope, he was Lin Kuei. He gets very upset in Konquest when you call him a ninja. Or it was in some other story line. Or maybe it was Scorpion who got upset because he was called Lin Kuei. Either way, Scorpion is the only true Ninja in MK.

to be honest, by defenition the lin kuei is a ninja clan, sub-zero got pissed off because the word ninja in it's self brings about a sense of dishonour. come to think of it, before younger subby sent sektor packing, the lin kuei were as dishonourable as it gets. it's not as if they were shinobi or anything, they never did anything good for anyone other than the highest bidder.

dude, the original Sub-Zero is Noob Saibot! So that means that the Sub-Zero in MKD has to be his little brother! Which means that the only logical explination is that the medallion aged him, or maybe the outworld effected him in some way. Anyway, to get back to the point, every Sub-Zero in the games (except for the first one and the Sub-Zero oriented game) is the original's younger brother.

I'm gonna say the obivously stupid reason....

... He aged because the midway team wanted him to age.

There thats settle now can we find something more serious to argue about.

Like why in MK1 are we told Raiden has black hair and yet now he has grey... And you guys complain about Subby here??? Subby's mortal Raiden isn't. Raiden shouldn't have aged. Unless Raiden just changed his appearence to look older but thats too simple it can't be right.

Kosta_Kila said:
dude, the original Sub-Zero is Noob Saibot! So that means that the Sub-Zero in MKD has to be his little brother! Which means that the only logical explination is that the medallion aged him, or maybe the outworld effected him in some way. Anyway, to get back to the point, every Sub-Zero in the games (except for the first one and the Sub-Zero oriented game) is the original's younger brother.

Yeaaaaahhh, and where did you hear what endings were true and what endings were false? Oh and where were you told that the Sub-Zero in all the games except the first was the youngest one? How do you know each one isn't the same one? Yeah the bios in MK2 say he is, buuuut, it also said Scorpion killed the older Sub-Zero, which means he couldn't be Noob, but thanks to MK for teaching us no one ever dies right? Look the only thing you can be really sure of is what the biographies say, hell not even the opening videos are completely true now (IE the fact Shao Kahn was killed in MKDA's opening sequence) They have a way around everything, I mean come MK7 they could say the older Subby was in all the odd numbered tournaments and the younger in all the even number tournaments, or that they were both the same guy and he was really the father of the six brothers of Sub-Zero. Maybe we should ask Ed Boon? Oh and as for Raiden, my guess would be that due to Carlos Pesina being black haired they said that, and most likely to start out they wanted Raiden to be some sort of bad guy, hint his ending, and the universal color for evil is black and for good white, so after they decided to make him good gave him white hair to symbalize it, just a guess though, damn I type to much...

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/mortal_kombat_history.txt

that is a semi-official site, and noob is a specter like scorpion is. Why do you think he started in the nether realm or whatever the hell it is named. That's why he was in the brother hood of shadow. And besides, how could he bleed black blood if he was still alive. Anyway check out the site and you'll know. And, by the way, how did Noob know Smoke and how to reprogram him? Unless he was the original Sub-Zero, Smoke's old friend!

Kosta_Kila said:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/mortal_kombat_history.txt

that is a semi-official site, and noob is a specter like scorpion is. Why do you think he started in the nether realm or whatever the hell it is named. That's why he was in the brother hood of shadow. And besides, how could he bleed black blood if he was still alive. Anyway check out the site and you'll know. And, by the way, how did Noob know Smoke and how to reprogram him? Unless he was the original Sub-Zero, Smoke's old friend!

lol, well considering the only time a robot had been reprogrammed was when Subby did it in MK3 and when Special Forces did it to Cyrax, I'd say there's a good chance Subby had nothing to do with it, that and the fact Smoke was the sixth Subby's friend.

noob is a DEMON, they say it a number of times in deception. it seems anyone who dwells in the netherrealm is considered a demon.

raidens hair wasn't even visible until DA or in the movies, so i dont think it matters for shit if they said it was black in the original game, you couldn't see it.

Dude, Noob is a demon, or wraith, or whatever you want to call it, he is the dead Sub-Zero, MKD's Sub-Zero is his little brother, end of story.