We know the Roster! List your mains, casuals, and characters you wont use.

squirt007nc

We know it people. Although we havent seen gameplay of everyone you should still have an idea of who you will main. You can give explanation as to why or anything its your list and you must categorize every character including dlc. Well here's mine:

Mains:
1.Kotal Kahn
2.Raiden
3.Kung Lao
4.Liu Kang
5.Takeda
6.Kung Jin
7.Sub-zero
8.Scorpion
9.Shinnok
10.Reptile
11.Tremor
12.Erron Black

Casuals(i rarely use the chicks but i will include the ones I will use if someone picks one against me):

Johnny Cage: will use alot
Jax: will use alot
Kenshi: will use alot
Goro: Will use alot
Kano: occasional use
Cassie
Jacqui
Kitana
Sonya
Ermac- hate him in this game but will try a few times
Ferra/Torr- kinda hate them but will give em a try
Predator- Def will use

Characters i wont use unless i have to for story, challenge tower or achievement purposes:

Jason- jury is still out. Fan of the character and movies but doesn't fit in mk to me meh idk.

Mileena- Although she isnt that bad in this game like she was in deception and mk9 still wont use her.

Quan chi- never liked this assclown. Hope he dies in story.

Tanya- never liked her

D'vorah - UGH! WORST CHARACTER IN THE HISTORY OF MK. GTF OUT OF HERE.

Last edited:
Main
Kitana
Mileena
Kotal Kahn
Shinnok
Kung Jin
Sub-Zero
Erron Black
Sonya Blade
Fujin (if he's in)

Casuals
Ermac
Tanya
Raiden

Won't use
Johnny Cage
Cassie Cage
Jax Briggs
Kung Lao
Jason
Predator

Last edited:
Mains :
Ermac
Kenshi
Takeda
Kung Lao
Scorpion

Casuals
Quan Chi
Shinnok
Kano
Kitana

Wont Use
Liu Kang
Ferra/Torr
Jacqui
Jax

Mains
-Tanya
-Kotal
-Cassie
-Jacqui

Casuals
-Mileena
-Quan Chi
-Ferra/Torr
-Kitana
-Erron Black
-Takeda
-Kung Jin
-D'Vorah
-Shinnok

Won't Play Ever (Unless needed for story)
-Jax
-Lui Kang
-Kung Lao
-Guest Characters
-Kenshi

MAINS
1. Tremor
2. Sub-Zero
3. Mileena
4. Tekeda
5. Ermac
6. Retile
7. Kenshi
8. Jax
9. Raiden

CASUALS
Johnny Cage
Kotal Kahn
D'Vorah
Ferra/Torr
Cassie Cage
Tanya
Shinnok

WONT USE VERY MUCH
Quan Chi
Kung Jin
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Sonya Blade

Mains:
Kung Lao
Kotal Kahn
Takeda
Johnny Cage
Kenshi
Tremor( I'm super hyped for him for some reason)

Casuals:
Liu Kang
Sub-zero
Kung Jin
Erron Black
Goro
Shinnok
Cassie

Never:
Jason ( I love Jason just not in mk )
Jacqui

With Shang Tsung and Noob Saibot gone, i guess i'll main Ermac, Raiden and Sub Zero like i did in Deception, if Reiko will make it as DLC its a definite main for me, Mavado will never make it so he's out of the question, i'll probably use Shinnok, Kotal Kahn, Kano, Reptile, Scorpion, Kenshi, Takeda, Quan Chi Erron Black alot (Fujin too if he'll make it) Probably Tanya aswell, as for others maybe occasionally Johnny Cage, Jax and Kung Lao, alittle Mileena and Kung Jin, and i do not really care for anyone else honestly, not my strongest roster, seems like a similar situation with Deception...

Last edited:
Mains:
- Tanya
- Takeda
(I usually only stick to one male and one female character to main, however, I like to play all characters, but these two will be the ones I'm going to play the most)

Casuals:
- Goro
- Kitana
- Mileena
- Ermac
- Kenshi
- D'Vorah
- Cassie

Probably won't use as much:
- Jax
- Kano
- Kung Lao
- Quan Chi
- Raiden
- Reptile
- Shinnok
- Sonya
- Sub-Zero
- Erron
- Ferra/Torr
- Jacqui
- Kotal Kahn
- Kung Jin

Will avoid for the most part:
- Johnny
- Scorpion

Won't even consider touching:
- Jason
- Predator
- Tremor
(I might try them out if I buy the Kombat Pack, which I would only do to play Tanya earlier)

Mains (In no specific order):
-Kotal Kahn
-Takeda
-Sub-zero
-Scorpion
-Tremor
-Erron Black
-Mileena
*Too many mains but oh well

Casuals
-Johnny Cage
-Kenshi
-Goro
-Ermac
-Predator
-Jason
-Kung Jin/Lao
-Quan Chi
-Raiden
-Reptile

Rare

-D'Vorah
-Sonya
-Jax
-Jaqui
-Ferra/Torr
-Kitana

If I left anyone out, throw them to the Rare pile.

Well, I don't decide on a main and sides until I've had a good feel for all of the characters that appeal to me, but my main/sides will almost assuredly come from this list, which is comprised of characters that not only seem very fun to use, but also fit the sort of looks and personalities I need in characters I play:

Sub-Zero - He was my MK9 main, but he wasn't very good in that game. I'm mostly excited to finally be able to play a rushdown Sub in the Cryomancer variation. Grandmaster might be better at anti-zoning with the clone being able to eat projectiles and the ex-Ice Ball going through them. But he needs to impress, because I've dropped character loyalty for MKX; there's too much awesomeness I'd miss out on otherwise.

Kano - My god. I didn't even like him in MK9, but he looks and looks to play amazing in this game. His variation trailer sold me. Also, I've come to appreciate his rude, rugged personality; it's a lot of fun. Cutthroat looks like an easy space control variation with solid BnBs, but I'm also interested in Commando, since the command grab animations are sublime. I've never played a grappler before, but this looks like a great place to start.

Mileena - My favorite female character, and she looks ravaging in this game. I messed around with her a bit in MK9, but I'm willing to go the extra mile with her in MKX if I find the character attractive enough. Okay, I'll stop with the innuendos. Her variations shown recently really impressed me, so as long as I find her fun to play, she's got a spot in my small circle of characters that I'll try to excel with. I particularly liked the Ravenous variation for its chain grabs and the Piercing for the nice combination of zoning and up-close.

Kenshi - We know nothing, but he's one of my favorite characters and all three of his costumes look amazing in this game. He's someone I'll seriously be considering after I pictured turning into that dark samurai spirit while wearing the Ronin DLC outfit.

Takeda - His Spider-Man-sounding voice actor sucks, but the Metal Gear Solid look hits home for me and feels very unique for MK. But hot damn that gameplay. He's got that cool factor I haven't felt since MK9 Kenshi. Whips and pulse blades making for sweet-looking combos. Lasher variant is my favorite because of its insane reach and flashy combos.

Erron Black - His appearance alone has me frothing at the mouth. I love Clint Eastwood westerns and Red Dead Redemption, and this guy brings back those memories. Gotta see how he plays, though.

Kotal Kahn - My favorite new character in terms of personality and looks. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the way he plays. The totem variation: I just don't care for buffs. The command grab variation: doesn't seem fun to me to keep trying to use the same grab on someone all game. The saving grace is the War God variation. That's the only one that I find myself liking, but even then I still need to give it a try.

Predator - It's the f***ing Predator. The only guest I would have liked, the only guest I never really expected. Now I got him, I'd be remiss if I didn't actively give him a chance. I'm excited to find out which weapons from his extremely vast arsenal he'll be using.

This is also subject to change, because we don't know much about the gameplay for Sonya Blade, Jacqui, Goro, Kenshi, Jax, Shinnok, Erron Black, Liu Kang and all the DLC. If Erron turns out to have a playstyle that doesn't appeal to me, like zoning, then I'll just have to admire his amazing looks from afar (thankfully, the variation system tends to give every character multiple playstyles, so this is an unlikely scenario).

Main
Scorpion
Kung Lao
Takeda
Kung Jin
Kenshi
Cassie/Kano
Katana

Casuals
Predator
Sub Zero
Raiden
Jaqui
Quan Chi

Dust Kollectors
Tanya
Sonya
Ferra/Torr
Tremor

tumblr_n9gyslwsGi1tezp50o2_400.gif

^ My main.

Also your main list looks meh!

Last edited:
Mains;

- Erron Black
- Kung Jin
- Tremor
- Shinnok
- Takeda
- Kotal Kahn

and i always use Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, Ermac, Quan Chi, Kung Lao and Raiden. If Baraka will be in main roster i'll use him.

Casuals;

- Kitana
- Sonya
- Kenshi
- Liu Kang
- Kano
- Mileena

Never;

Jacqui
Cassie
Jax
Ferra Torr
D'vorah
Tanya

We know it people. Although we havent seen gameplay of everyone you should still have an idea of who you will main. You can give explanation as to why or anything its your list and you must categorize every character including dlc. Well here's mine:

Mains:
1.Kotal Kahn
2.Raiden
3.Kung Lao
4.Liu Kang
5.Takeda
6.Kung Jin
7.Sub-zero
8.Scorpion
9.Shinnok
10.Reptile
11.Tremor
12.Erron Black

Casuals(i rarely use the chicks but i will include the ones I will use if someone picks one against me):

Johnny Cage: will use alot
Jax: will use alot
Kenshi: will use alot
Goro: Will use alot
Kano: occasional use
Cassie
Jacqui
Kitana
Sonya
Ermac- hate him in this game but will try a few times
Ferra/Torr- kinda hate them but will give em a try
Predator- Def will use

Characters i wont use unless i have to for story, challenge tower or achievement purposes:

Jason- jury is still out. Fan of the character and movies but doesn't fit in mk to me meh idk.

Mileena- Although she isnt that bad in this game like she was in deception and mk9 still wont use her.

Quan chi- never liked this assclown. Hope he dies in story.

Tanya- never liked her

actually that award goes to Kobra

Mains:
Sub-Zero
Kung Lao

Casuals (some may move to mains if I like them):
Ferra and Torr
Kano
Ermac
Erron Black
Kotal Kahn

Never:
None so far.

Main:
Reptile
Takeda
Jason (yes, I will)
Sub Zero
Raiden

Casuals:
Sonya
Cassie Cage
Kung Lao
Shinnok
Termor

Never:
Ferra/Torr (because they're ass)
Tanya (never been a fan)
D'Vorah

MAINS

1. Sub-Zero
2. Kotal Khan
3. Takeda
4. D'Vorah
5. Ferra/Torr

MAINS #2 (Characters I think I might be interested in but haven't seen enough to be sure)

1. Shinnok
2. Erron Black
3. Tremor

CASUALS

1. Ermac
2. Reptile
3. Mileena

WON'T USE

I tend to give all characters a fair shot, but from what I've seen, I'm probably less likely to use Cassie, Quan Chi, and Kano.

Never know, though. I thought Green Arrow would be useless in Injustice, and he ended up being one of my mains for a little while.

Last edited:
Main characters (those I will certainly try to learn):

Scorpion
Raiden
Kotal Kahn
Shinnok

Depending of gameplay, who could jump to the top list:

Sub-Zero (I disliked MK9 controls, I don't know why)

The rest I'm open to try and see which ones I will like, specially people like Takeda, Cassie, you know.

It's a real hard question for me. I usually play with all characters to know, beyond those I already know I will put effort to learn, who I may play with. This game has a lot of variety, nice new people, awesome guests and everybody with a cool moveset.