Unlockable Roster yay or nay

• Yes

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • 1 or 2 remain hidden

Votes: 17 32.7%

• Total voters
They'll never do that for tournament purposes. There's no guarantee that all the consoles at Evo or MLG will have all the necessary contents unlocked, downloading the DLC is easy, playing through a game to unlock the characters will be a hassle.

well then they can fly me out and i'll unlock all of them on all the consoles hahaha. but you are right, however they could just transfer save data to all of them or have a tournament version. or like i said, unlock them all a day ahead.

MKX:
24 to start
4 Unlockable [The Woman In Jade's MK9 ending, Shinnok, Johnny Cage, & Evil Liu Kang (Boss)]
8-10 DLC

Boon created Hornbuckle and has never made him a playable character... There are characters in the series that are just made for speculation purposes.

Boon created Hornbuckle and has never made him a playable character... There are characters in the series that are just made for speculation purposes.

Hornbuckle was the name given by the fans to the guy in pit II background. Even if other rumored characters appeared in the game at one point or other (ermac, skarlet, blaze), I don't think we ever see him again.

Right, but I don't believe Jade is a strong enough character to have the Woman in her ending being created as a new Kombatant. There are cases of Boon and Co creating characters that won't make it into the game and just to add on to existing characters' stories.

Why do you always jump to conclusions? MK:DA Blaze would look Badass with Next Gen graphics. when Cinder is reveled for Season Two Killer Instinct you will all want to see Blaze in MKX

Simply put, Blaze wouldn't make sense in MKX. There's no reason for him to be making a come back now or anytime soon. It doesn't matter if he'll look good or not on next gen systems.

Holy shit I just realized people are asking for 8-10 DLC characters...

WTF :| you people must have serious money to throw away for wanting that much DLC. And please don't say "they can be free, or season pass", it's still a waste of money and no way are the majority going to be free. Simply put.

I like having some characters are locked until you go through the story.

As for Non-Playables... There's always PC Modding for that.

Holy shit I just realized people are asking for 8-10 DLC characters...

WTF :| you people must have serious money to throw away for wanting that much DLC. And please don't say "they can be free, or season pass", it's still a waste of money and no way are the majority going to be free. Simply put.

People aren't asking for NRS to charge them $60 + another $40 for characters. They're asking them to continue supporting the game after it is released. Everybody wanted more DLC for Injustice after Zatanna came out.

Besides, you can pick and choose who you buy. Unlike SFxT where you had to buy all the characters at once.

People aren't asking for NRS to charge them $60 + another $40 for characters. They're asking them to continue supporting the game after it is released. Everybody wanted more DLC for Injustice after Zatanna came out.

Besides, you can pick and choose who you buy. Unlike SFxT where you had to buy all the characters at once.

One of those rare times I agree with you. ;)

[MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION]

Yeah but which die hard isn't going to download everyone? IMO, I think the DLC characters we had for MK9 was enough. MAYBE, it would've been better with a couple of more. But I think adding more modes would be better for game support as opposed to 8-10 downloadable characters. I guess I'm from the Old School where you should always earn new characters through game completion.

[MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION]

Yeah but which die hard isn't going to download everyone? IMO, I think the DLC characters we had for MK9 was enough. MAYBE, it would've been better with a couple of more. But I think adding more modes would be better for game support as opposed to 8-10 downloadable characters. I guess I'm from the Old School where you should always earn new characters through game completion.
I just hope WB doesn't become overly abusive with DLC the way Capcom did with SFxT. In fact, SFxT may go down as the beginning of the end for Capcom, especially since the DLC practices of that game sank their BBB score (which before that was an A+, and is now a big fat F after 2 years) and now there's talk of a takeover, as well as a cautionary tale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So what happens when you unlock all of the characters through completion?
You don't seem to understand that NRS isn't withholding things from our discs Capcom style (With the exception of the Klassic costumes and Skarlett's alt in MK9) they are adding things to our already completed games.

New modes are always hit or miss. I probably played Test Your Luck a total of 15 times.