TRMK Matchup Discussions

Isn't that dependant on certain things?

They both got anti-zoning tools.

But if sektor has a life lead/gets the momentum in his favor of spamming back to back. He still loses? and if so why?

To add to CL's question, will the same outcome happen if you were playing with human Sektor? (since there are slight differences)

Isn't that dependant on certain things?

They both got anti-zoning tools.

But if sektor has a life lead/gets the momentum in his favor of spamming back to back. He still loses? and if so why?

Because if they both make a read sektor takes more risk. If Mileena rolls she gets a combo if she teles she gets major advantage if sektor blocks these he gets a combo that wont break 30

If Sektor teles he gets a small combo like 30. If it's blocked millena gets a full combo. She can do what ever she wants.

Mileena's risk / reward is overall better in a zoning match.

Last edited:
Because if they both make a read sektor takes more risk. If Mileena rolls she gets a combo if she teles she gets major advantage if sektor blocks these he gets a combo that wont break 30

If Sektor teles he gets a small combo like 30. If it's blocked millena gets a full combo. She can do what ever she wants.

Mileena's risk / reward is overall better in a zoning match.

Yes!

this is the kind of discussions that should be happening.

That's one thing I hate about the matchup chart thread on test your might. Everyone just talks in general.

"Well you see kenshi's zoning is better so he wins"

Why is it better?

that sort of stuff.

But what I mean N9195v

What if sektor has the life lead. Mileena won't want to trade projectiles so she's gonna be "slightly more inclined" to teleport. or do a risky move than sektor would be aka :teleport uppercut:

So would you still argue that if say sektor had like a 25% life lead?

I'm asking cuz I seriously don't know I don't play Mileena vs Sektor LOL.

Milly's Ia sai can be ducked under and if they trade Milly will get knocked down giving Sektor projectile advantage.

If Mileena has the life-lead then surely she doesn't really need to do much. She could just wait for him to come and d4 him when he's in range. Obviously thats predictable, but she can do it like 3 times and if he starts JiKing ball roll him out of the air.

However i'm pretty sure d4 has a pretty big hurtbox so he could max range flame burner it.

Milly's Ia sai can be ducked under and if they trade Milly will get knocked down giving Sektor projectile advantage.

If Mileena has the life-lead then surely she doesn't really need to do much. She could just wait for him to come and d4 him when he's in range. Obviously thats predictable, but she can do it like 3 times and if he starts JiKing ball roll him out of the air.

However i'm pretty sure d4 has a pretty big hurtbox so he could max range flame burner it.

Great Post.

can he punish a whiff D4, with flame burner on reaction?

or does it have to be a sort of "predicted attempt" because sektor's safe even if mileena didn't bite right?

BBBLP does Sektor's EX missile have any advantage outside of more damage?

Like can it atleast hit a naked ducking opponent? or is it really that useless? lol

Great Post.

can he punish a whiff D4, with flame burner on reaction?

or does it have to be a sort of "predicted attempt" because sektor's safe even if mileena didn't bite right?

BBBLP does Sektor's EX missile have any advantage outside of more damage?

Like can it atleast hit a naked ducking opponent? or is it really that useless? lol

Its got a 12 frame start up and 33 active frames so yeah, definitely. I'd be buffering it just to be safe, though.

EDIT:Also, EX missiles do hit crouching opponents

Last edited:
Its got a 12 frame start up and 33 active frames so yeah, definitely. I'd be buffering it just to be safe, though.

EDIT:Also, EX missiles do hit crouching opponents

flame start up is 18 frames. D4 is on screen for 33 frames. You have 15 frames to punish it. That's 1/4 of a second. Idk about you but I won't be punishing that on reaction.

flame start up is 18 frames. D4 is on screen for 33 frames. You have 15 frames to punish it. That's 1/4 of a second. Idk about you but I won't be punishing that on reaction.

Honestly, I was only skimmed the frame data when I read it and read it as a 13 frame start up. That's a fail on my part.

I'm going to test ways Sektor can punish a whiffed d4, surely instant air teleport is an option?

I'm going to test ways Sektor can punish a whiffed d4, surely instant air teleport is an option?

Half a second imo is impossible to punish on reaction. You would have to guess/ make a "read"

your best bet is to do a jump in kick

Half a second imo is impossible to punish on reaction. You would have to guess/ make a "read"

your best bet is to do a jump in kick

Yeah, that is probably the best way, problem is, its easily baited.

If mileena reacts to the JiK with an anti air, can you air teleport punch on reaction? Or is it too slow?

Yeah, that is probably the best way, problem is, its easily baited.

If mileena reacts to the JiK with an anti air, can you air teleport punch on reaction? Or is it too slow?

I don't know about too slow.

Like if she was doing an anti air with say like with uppercut or something. Since your teleport sends you straight down into the ground. you'll probably get uppercutted anyways.

And if we're talking about her walking backwards and trying to do a anti-air roll, or something. She can block on reaction on time. and if she DOES roll she'll either hit you on your way down toward the ground, or you'll whiff her and be set back at nuetral (she'll whiff you too)

Ground hat beats Slide
Dive kick beats ice ball
teleport beats ice clone

Ice clone beats spin ???? maybe....

Either way it's an uphill battle for sub-zero -- I think Subs best fight is in the corner so he may have a chance there.

Ground hat beats Slide
Dive kick beats ice ball
teleport beats ice clone

Ice clone beats spin ???? maybe....

Either way it's an uphill battle for sub-zero -- I think Subs best fight is in the corner so he may have a chance there.

clone beats dive kick,
ice ball trade with low hat, ice ball wins

if you watch that video, teleport was NOT helping Perfect legend at all. he even full combo punished some of them.

Chip damage - Kung Lao > Sub Zero

Wake ups - Kung Lao = if not < than Sub Zero (IMO)

X Ray
Kung Lao Kung Lao - hits mid. hits on both sides of him. can anti air. safe on block.
Sub Zero - hits mid. can be charged. has armor AFTER start up. safe on block.

Kung Lao > Sub Zero

Combos:

Kung lao (stance specific combo)
24~spin, jump kick~dive kick, dash 2~ hat toss, dash 1, dash 1, dash 24~1+3 2 - 42%

Sub Zero - Corner
full charge B+2, NJ punch, B+12, 214~slide - 41%

Like I said, if sub can keep the fight in the corner, he can win this match-up; otherwise, Kung Lao will dominate the match.

Chip damage - Kung Lao > Sub Zero

Wake ups - Kung Lao = if not < than Sub Zero (IMO)

X Ray
Kung Lao Kung Lao - hits mid. hits on both sides of him. can anti air. safe on block.
Sub Zero - hits mid. can be charged. has armor AFTER start up. safe on block.

Kung Lao > Sub Zero

Combos:

Kung lao (stance specific combo)
24~spin, jump kick~dive kick, dash 2~ hat toss, dash 1, dash 1, dash 24~1+3 2 - 42%

Sub Zero - Corner
full charge B+2, NJ punch, B+12, 214~slide - 41%

Like I said, if sub can keep the fight in the corner, he can win this match-up; otherwise, Kung Lao will dominate the match.

I don't think it's dominate not like you're making it sound.

24 spin, only works on a specific stance. So no kung lao is gonna be using that.

most kung laos try to pressure with 2,1 and hit confirm into spin.

you forgot to mention subzero can dash cancel his, and he removes all armor on the screen.

Meaning if you create a clone. and charge your X-ray behind it. moves that NORMALLy have armor, Won't anymore and they'll be frozen by the clone.

It's not hard to create a corner game either. a life lead or a life loss. You're both gonna be slowly closing distance toward a corner, with little to not fighting because of the threat of iceclone.