Tier List For Damage Output and Combo Potential

REPTILE 0009

Tier List For Damage Output

So I've decided to put together this tier list, based on the damage of each of the characters. This is not based on the ease of performing the character's combos, but the damage for them.

S
Cyrax
Jax
Skarlet
Kitana
Nightwolf

A+
Sheeva
Kung Lao
Ermac
Sektor
Shang Tsung
Raiden

A-
Quan Chi
Kenshi
Cyber Sub-Zero
Sub-Zero
Mileena
Sonya
Smoke
Johnny Cage
Liu Kang
Jade
Stryker

B
Scorpion
Kano
Sindel
Baraka
Reptile
Noob Saibot
Kabal

Last edited:
Kitana and Shang Tsung are on top of my list. :) Nothing beats some 40% unbreakable combos. :twisted:

Apparently Cyrax can go up to 80% if he burns 2 meters. 95% if he burns 3. Around 60% for 1 bar and 50% meterless. Sick stuff. The scariest thing is good Cyrax players ALWAYS have some damn meter to spare... It's so crazy when you think about it. You can have a 60% vs 5% life lead, but if Cyrax lands a random net and you're empty on meter it's pretty much GG.

I know Jax had a 100% corner combo - the overhead+EN ground pound loop (is that still in?). But outside of the corner he can't do much combo wise imo. He needs to burn meter to get around 35% which is average.

Last edited:
at least cyrax is at top...lol

as far as combo effectiveness what governs this? because reptile can get 39% (with JiP) midscreen off of a 3 hit starter string where every hit is hit confirmable/safe/and can be canceled into a special.

most of kanos strings are reasonably safe especially his b+1,1,2, tho his combos are not the most damaging and can sometimes be difficult to land in comparison to others.

cant kabal cancel every single part of his strings into an overhead?

i thought liu kang would be higher honestly.

csz has a safe 43% midscreen combo and apparently a 65% damage reset. his mixup strings while not as damaging combowise are also safe!

sheeva that high? perhaps you should better explain what your basis for combo potential is, because sure she does high damage, but its not very kombo heavy.

Yeah.. Cyrax definetly should be on the top, along with Jax
Kabal belongs on the bottom aswell

Only one that stands out i could disagree with is Quan.. he can easily pull out 60%+ xray combos.
Other then that id say id have to agree with pretty much all of those.

Yeah.. Cyrax definetly should be on the top, along with Jax
Kabal belongs on the bottom aswell

Only one that stands out i could disagree with is Quan.. he can easily pull out 60%+ xray combos.
Other then that id say id have to agree with pretty much all of those.

for damage sure but this poll isnt just about damage supposedly but kombo effectiveness. whatever that means. its a little vague, if we were talking straight damage i coudl agree. tho then id say they would need to be seperated by meterless, metered, and xray kombos.

for damage sure but this poll isnt just about damage supposedly but kombo effectiveness. whatever that means. its a little vague, if we were talking straight damage i coudl agree. tho then id say they would need to be seperated by meterless, metered, and xray kombos.
Alright I'll admit combo effectiveness is pretty vague. I guess I'll just make it only about damage output. Problem is I don't know how to change the title of this thread.