The Player's Help Guide

Re: The Official "I Quit" Thread

Hello people can someone help me out when it comes to Sub-Zero and his overused strategy?
Strategy: Creates an ice clone in front of themselves, goes behind it, and then spams iceballs until the clone disappears. If my opponent does catch me with those iceballs, they get a free combo!
I have lost a lot to this strategy! I like to use reptile,Liu Kang, and Kung Lao. Thanks!
With Liu kang just spam fire balls on sub zero and block low to defend against his ice slide than juggle him when he gets close.Make him come to you and use your breaker if you know he will try to hit you with a good kombo. Trying to fight zubby with liu kang will get you frozen alot lol.Good Zub-Zero players are kind of hard to beat with liu kang i cant speak for the rest.

Re: The Official "I Quit" Thread

Hello people can someone help me out when it comes to Sub-Zero and his overused strategy?
Strategy: Creates an ice clone in front of themselves, goes behind it, and then spams iceballs until the clone disappears. If my opponent does catch me with those iceballs, they get a free combo!
I have lost a lot to this strategy! I like to use reptile,Liu Kang, and Kung Lao. Thanks!

I'm not a Liu Kang or Kung Lao player, but as a Sub-Zero player I can tell you a few things to watch out for. Ice clone is annoying for rush down players, and the Subby player can either spam ice ball or to an ice slide, depending on the distance you separate between yourself and him. I believe Kang's diving kick (enhanced) has armor so you should be able to break the ice clone. If not, spam up and down fireballs; subby's ice blasts are too slow to really be an effective projectile counter. His strategy will be to keep his distance from you and play defensively, so if you can predict his ice clones and properly block against the ice slide (low block) or jump over the clone and dash block against the ice balls, you should be able to take away the rest.

Also don't forget, if you get caught in any of his combos, combo breaker is your best friend. :D