The ninjas are the most popular characters

TheNight

Therefore they will get more classic costumes. Are there seriously enough people who play as Sheeva or Shang Tsung or other nobody cares about characters to warrant NRS using valuable resources to create alternative costumes for them? No.

And I'm sure them being pallette swaps in the past means we will be seeing them faster, Hooray for more klassic ninjas!

personally I welcome it, hope they all get an MK2 render

Lol, such a noob thread. Some of the best characters are non-ninjas. I don't blame NRS for making easy money off the "OMG NIJAZ R SO KEWL" people, though.

Lol, such a noob thread. Some of the best characters are non-ninjas. I don't blame NRS for making easy money off the "OMG NIJAZ R SO KEWL" people, though.

Lol noob. That internet term is so 2001. I've been playing Mortal Kombat since 1992 and have been playing every game since. It doesn't matter who the "best" characters are. It's about popularity.

Lol noob. That internet term is so 2001. I've been playing Mortal Kombat since 1992 and have been playing every game since. It doesn't matter who the "best" characters are. It's about popularity.

Excuse me for not keeping up on my nerd lingo, won't happen again. And WOW that's awesome dude! What gave you the idea that I give a ****? That doesn't mean your right in any way, shape, or form.

It has nothing to do with ninjas being cool or any other ********. For me yes my favorite characters are the ninjas but NRS isnt showing favoritism theyre just saving money. Instead of having to make a costume that only one character can use. They make one klassic ninja kostume and then they can swap the color on the design and apply it to abunch of different characters. It saves them time and money and lets them focus more on new DLC characters and fixing bugs and so on. Its just pallette swapping 2.0 the same thing they did with the ninjas in MK back in the arcade days. Not alot of memory so recoloring a character and moves didnt take up as much memory. So in closing hell yeah ninjas are bad ass but NRS isnt doing this to cater to peoples love of ninjas. Theyre just working smarter instead of harder.

I'm sure some of the more popular "non-ninja" characters like Liu Kang and Johnny will get klassic outfits sometime down the line. All I know need my damn Kerri Hoskins MK3 Sonya outfit! :mad:

outside of the klassic pack and skarlet there hasnt been anything ninja related released that wasnt free. So they arent really cashing in on anything.

It has nothing to do with ninjas being cool or any other ********. For me yes my favorite characters are the ninjas but NRS isnt showing favoritism theyre just saving money. Instead of having to make a costume that only one character can use. They make one klassic ninja kostume and then they can swap the color on the design and apply it to abunch of different characters. It saves them time and money and lets them focus more on new DLC characters and fixing bugs and so on. Its just pallette swapping 2.0 the same thing they did with the ninjas in MK back in the arcade days. Not alot of memory so recoloring a character and moves didnt take up as much memory. So in closing hell yeah ninjas are bad ass but NRS isnt doing this to cater to peoples love of ninjas. Theyre just working smarter instead of harder.

Which is cool (I enjoy playing as Human Reptile here and there) but it's not fair to us who main characters like Johnny or Jax, etc. It might be easier for them, but they should cater to ALL their fans. Not just whichever is easier for them.

Which is cool (I enjoy playing as Human Reptile here and there) but it's not fair to us who main characters like Johnny or Jax, etc. It might be easier for them, but they should cater to ALL their fans. Not just whichever is easier for them.

Cage's and Jax's mains are very similar to their classicsm but I get your point. Kabal classic costume would be cool.

outside of the klassic pack and skarlet there hasnt been anything ninja related released that wasnt free. So they arent really cashing in on anything.

1831145-klassicnoobsmoke_super.jpg

cyrax_sektor.jpg

And the preorders.

I completely understand man the thing that sucks is when they do release Klassics for most of the non-ninja characters is its probably gonna cost more than the first klassic pack. Alot more work has to go into design and so on where as the 1st klassic pack contained 5 male ninjas and 3 female ninjas which was essentially recolored versions of the same 2 Klassics. To do a klassic pack for liu-kang, kung lao, jax and so on alot more has to go into it so Im not sure we'll ever see those as free incentives.

I completely understand man the thing that sucks is when they do release Klassics for most of the non-ninja characters is its probably gonna cost more than the first klassic pack. Alot more work has to go into design and so on where as the 1st klassic pack contained 5 male ninjas and 3 female ninjas which was essentially recolored versions of the same 2 Klassics. To do a klassic pack for liu-kang, kung lao, jax and so on alot more has to go into it so Im not sure we'll ever see those as free incentives.

Yeah they'll probably be pretty costly. I'd gladly dish out money for a different JC costume though. I mean in the end, there is only so much they can do with the MK1/2/3 retro costumes. I mean they are almost IDENTICAL as it is. Are they just gonna release klassic costume packs for every game? That'd be pretty stupid and pointless.

1831145-klassicnoobsmoke_super.jpg

cyrax_sektor.jpg

And the preorders.

Okay those 2 compatibility packs were free and pre orders didnt add any cost to the game so they were free. I explained why they create them but they arent "cashing in" on ninjas that suggest theyre making money and they arent making anything off of free stuff. Its easy to pallette swap ninjas in MK always has been always will be. Make an MK3 cyborg 2 characters use it. Make an MK2 Klassic any male ninja can use it. Same for the female ninjas. Making costumes for non ninja characters is cost restrictive its a very simple business decision.

Cage's bloodsport shorts/MK1 would make me play him more. I hate that tattoo and assume the classic wouldn't have it.