Tanya

Tanya was awesome. i hope she is dlc. shes brutal, has a great look and she can be deadly in the right hands.Her and Jade HATE each other. theres a great story behind her, her Zi Ran Men style in MKDeception was my favorite style, i hardly ever lost when i used her in MKD

i remember playing online with Tanya for MKdeception and the other guy was losing and his friends in the background were telling him to attack me more and whats wrong with you??!!. He replied, " im trying but shes crazy, its like Im scared of her"
thats when i really knew she was special
good times

Reactions: p53
I loved her MK4 fatalities, no kidding =D Ok, the kiss was weird, but it would be if someone like Ermac had it. And the multiple neck break was really brutal.

I hope she's DLC later.

I loved her MK4 fatalities, no kidding =D Ok, the kiss was weird, but it would be if someone like Ermac had it. And the multiple neck break was really brutal.

I hope she's DLC later.

She stole Kitana's fatality. Instead, she should have had a fatality where she'd shoot her projectile and blow up the victim. Still, she had the best look in MK4 and her neckbreak was cool too.

I think it would be awesome if Tanya is in the 2nd DLC batch. I understand the hate for her though. She's not that original, being the yellow girl who replaced Kitana in MK4. Her special moves could be better since there are already so much characters with fiery moves, though I really like her cannon drill. Besides her appearance and treachery, there isn't much that defines her. But I'm sure that any character that makes it in will be well-developed with all the epic and unique moves, intros, fatalities, win poses, etc. we've seen so far.

I think what defines her is that she is a traitor to anyone and everyone. Liu Kang, Edenia, even Onaga. I liked the skirt she had in Deception, that and her bangs gave her a feminine flair.

I think the reason Tanya is so appealing is because she's dangerous. She's poison. It is impossible to trust her because she's so treacherous, she would knife her own mother in the back for personal gain. Mileena is maniacal, unstable and simply crazy... What makes Tanya more scary is the fact that she knows exactly what she's doing, she enjoys hurting people.
I love Tanya; I think she looks great, plays well, has an interesting moveset and I love her character. I'm praying that she'll be DLC.

I think the reason Tanya is so appealing is because she's dangerous. She's poison. It is impossible to trust her because she's so treacherous, she would knife her own mother in the back for personal gain. Mileena is maniacal, unstable and simply crazy... What makes Tanya more scary is the fact that she knows exactly what she's doing, she enjoys hurting people.
I love Tanya; I think she looks great, plays well, has an interesting moveset and I love her character. I'm praying that she'll be DLC.

Yes I agree with this. Tanya is just one of those unpredictible ghetto prostitutes from the streets of Brooklyn, NY or Oakland, California while Mileena is like a slutty girl from the mental asylum who acts like a child. (Basically Mileena is like a slutty version of "The Joker" from DC Universe.)

THIS^^^^^ 100% agreed!! I pray Tanya makes DLC that would make this game beyond epic imo.

What more needs to be said?

I would like to see more background of Tanya cause in MK4 we only had something like "Everybody this is Tanya. Tanya is a slut and can not be trusted. Thanks for youre attention" and her cry something kaboo when shooting projectile that was strange for me. BTW her fatalities kiss are borrowed from Kitana cause in first place that was Kitana then changed to Tanya. I would really enjoy see her as DLC

I would like to see more background of Tanya cause in MK4 we only had something like "Everybody this is Tanya. Tanya is a slut and can not be trusted. Thanks for youre attention" and her cry something kaboo when shooting projectile that was strange for me. BTW her fatalities kiss are borrowed from Kitana cause in first place that was Kitana then changed to Tanya. I would really enjoy see her as DLC

Technically, both Tanya and Kitana borrowed the Kiss from Sonya :)

But I think there is much more to Tanya than that, but i agree, generally that is the consensus and i definitely wish they would expand her role because she has great potential to be an awesome villain. RAA said it best in his/her post above.

Yes I agree with this. Tanya is just one of those unpredictible ghetto prostitutes from the streets of Brooklyn, NY or Oakland, California while Mileena is like a slutty girl from the mental asylum who acts like a child. (Basically Mileena is like a slutty version of "The Joker" from DC Universe.)

I agree 100% Tanya...oh Tanya please come to DLC

I bet no doubt she will be returning in MK10 as the devious, deceptive Edenian, as she ever was in the 1st timeline, unless Raiden somehow changed her for the better. Will discuss moves soon.

Her returning moves, which are:

Fireball
*Scorching Blast: Damages the foe, while they're in the burn stun.
Aerial Fireball
*Tri-Fire: She fires 3 fireballs in 3 direction from mid-air.
Human Cannon Drill
*Human Sonic Drill: Goes farther and faster for 3 hits.
Split Kick
*Insane Split Legs: She does a fiery axe kick before finishing it with a powerful bouncy fiery split kick.
Find Me
*Can't Catch Me: Goes fully invisible and all projectiles will pass right by her for 6 seconds.

Just not sure about her X-Ray so far. No doubt she's returning.

Who ever minused repped me had no reason to do so. My comments are not taking anything to the next level. Who ever that person is, he/she can't handle being in this forum because of some of the "spicy" words I say. When I talk, I make sure that I make no offense and I hope others know that I did tone down my language since I started this forum. But hey, whatever. If you can't handle my words, you can't handle the real world. Bottomline.

Now back on topic, what if in MK10, she is good. I bet she would take Jade's place while Li Mei take's Kitana's. Frost can also take Sub-Zero's.

Tanya was awesome. i hope she is dlc. shes brutal, has a great look and she can be deadly in the right hands.Her and Jade HATE each other. theres a great story behind her, her Zi Ran Men style in MKDeception was my favorite style, i hardly ever lost when i used her in MKD

i remember playing online with Tanya for MKdeception and the other guy was losing and his friends in the background were telling him to attack me more and whats wrong with you??!!. He replied, " im trying but shes crazy, its like Im scared of her"
thats when i really knew she was special
good times

Great post!
Let us hope Tanya (together with Sareena!!!!!) will be DLC for MK9!

Last edited: