[SPOILER] Sub-Zero's identity in MKX confirmed!

Re: [SPOILER, RUMOR] Sub-Zero's identity in MKX is...

Which is why you can see a brain inside of Cyber Sub-Zero when he's damaged enough, right?

They are cyborgs, not robots. They still have lots from their organic bodies left, Cyrax still had his human face underneath his armor back in the day. And they aren't just "programmed", they are very much brainwashed; Jax restored Cyber Sub-Zero's free will.

I get what you're say but the cyborgs are dead, one day Boon will fill us in on what's really going on with them. I can't recall if Robo had a brain but he retained his face and he did flatline and was not resuscitated but reanimated. Same as the korny movie series Universal Soldier. Agree to disagree okay

Also how can some people miss a ninja that was only part of one game and argue about his brother taken the Sub Zero mantle. The Lin Kuei are just ninjas not all of them are cryomancers just like Scorpion's clan weren't of Fire. These aren't elemental clans

Which is why you can see a brain inside of Cyber Sub-Zero when he's damaged enough, right?

They are cyborgs, not robots. They still have lots from their organic bodies left, Cyrax still had his human face underneath his armor back in the day. And they aren't just "programmed", they are very much brainwashed; Jax restored Cyber Sub-Zero's free will.

I get what you're say but the cyborgs are dead, one day Boon will fill us in on what's really going on with them. I can't recall if Robo had a brain but he retained his face and he did flatline and was not resuscitated but reanimated. Same as the korny movie series Universal Soldier. Agree to disagree okay

Also how can some people miss a ninja that was only part of one game and argue about his brother taken the Sub Zero mantle. The Lin Kuei are just ninjas not all of them are cryomancers just like Scorpion's clan weren't of Fire. These aren't elemental clans
One dumb thing in mk9 was that CSZ has his skull underneath his brain. It might be an artificial brain but still.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Robocop has nothing to do with anything. This is Mortal Kombat, with its own cyborgs that have never been called "dead."

Robocop has nothing to do with anything. This is Mortal Kombat, with its own cyborgs that have never been called "dead."

Don't be so sure. The cyborgs having no souls was actually a plot point in MK3/Ultimate. Their bios didn't go as far as saying they were dead, but Sektor and Cyrax were said to have evaded Shao Khan because they have no souls. However, it was said that Sub Zero suspected Smoke still retains his soul.

Don't be so sure. The cyborgs having no souls was actually a plot point in MK3/Ultimate. Their bios didn't go as far as saying they were dead, but Sektor and Cyrax were said to have evaded Shao Khan because they have no souls. However, it was said that Sub Zero suspected Smoke still retains his soul.

Thing is, that hasn't been a plot point since that game, especially with Sub-Zero's soul in his cyber form at the end of MK9. (and Cyrax's restoration of his humanity in MK4 throws that plot point into doubt as well) Just another thing from those days that's been abandoned, along with Kung Lao being the only remaining descendant of the Great Kung Lao.

Deal with it boys, specially Commander and Bi-Han MKX, your levels of denial are beyond limits. It's about time to see how wrong you are... accept it.. Noob is gone, he loved to be transformed in Noob, he didn't wanted to come back to human, he loved to be a demon-like being because it was serving to his purposes to be in that form, he said he was perfect now, he deserted Lin Kuei and his brother forever, and now is gone or dead, and I'm glad he will never be Sub-Zero again... you wont get Bi Han as Sub-zero never ever after, if this guy is not dead, he will return in the way he loves to, as Noob, and its a shame to see how frustrated you'll be for all the time you have wasted. Deal with it, there is one Sub-Zero from now on... and forever.

I hope you accept your defeat when things get EVEN MORE OBVIOUS THAN NOW.

Doesn't matter if he loved bein Noob or not, if the elder gods think that he can serve their purpose, they could very well cleanse him and use him as their champion to defeat Quan Chi and Shinnok, which Bi-Han has defeated in the past.
Frustrated?
You're the only 1 who seems frustrated here with your nasty attitude and haughty derision.
Defeat?
Good lord, who took a shit in your Cheerios???
Calm down, kid.
I'm just stating reasons as to why I think it could be Bi-Han as the masked Sub-Zero primary.
Nothing more.
It's just my opinion on things, and I'm not saying that they are fact.
His Unbreakable mask looks nothing like Kuai's, to me, and resembles Bi-Han more, IMO.
If you actually read through this thread, as you claim, then you would see that I've said various times that I'm fine with either Bi-Han, Kuai or a new Sub-Zero.
If Kuai is Sub-Zero in both costumes, it's not going to stop me from using Sub-Zero in MKX, and I've also stated various times that I would concede to being wrong if Bi-Han isn't 1 of the costumes or makes a cameo, nodding at 1 of the costumes.
I have NO issue with bucking up and admitting that that I'm wrong, if such is the case.
I'm a man of my word, and I have NEVER broken a promise, EVER.
You're barking up the wrong tree.

Just another thing from those days that's been abandoned, along with Kung Lao being the only remaining descendant of the Great Kung Lao.

How was that abandoned?
I'm pretty sure that Kung Lao had a mother and father who had sex, 1 of which was also a descendant of the Great Kung Lao, and thus Kung Lao was born.
Just because they didn't mention Kung Lao having a cousin in previous games, doesn't mean that he didn't.
I'm pretty sure that most people whose parents have 1 more sibling (aunt or uncle), have cousins.
The only difference this time is that his cousin decided to take action in this timeline.

That's not what Sub-Zero says. He says "I tire of maintaining our innocence." "OUR innocence." That puts the conversation in a whole different light, and shows that Scorpion probably considers all of the Lin Kuei killers; you also can't say when that conversation takes place in the story because it's not from the story. Scorpion might not actually consider Kuai a murderer at any point in it, and the recent stream even reiterated that not all of the battle intros are going to be canon at all.

"all the Lin Kuei are killers" so why didn't he go bat shit crazy at Sektor and Cyrax in MK9? He didn't even seem to want to fight Kuai up until he defended his brother in front of him, so no I'm not going with that theory. The unmasked sub-zero is definitely 100% Kuai from the comics, read #11 #12 and you'll see, but the masked sub zero Is Bi-han.

Last edited:

How was that abandoned?
I'm pretty sure that Kung Lao had a mother and father who had sex, 1 of which was also a descendant of the Great Kung Lao, and thus Kung Lao was born.
Just because they didn't mention Kung Lao having a cousin in previous games, doesn't mean that he didn't.
I'm pretty sure that most people whose parents have 1 more sibling (aunt or uncle), have cousins.
The only difference this time is that his cousin decided to take action in this timeline.

It was abandoned because having a cousin who shares the same family name explicitly means he's not the last living descendant.

"all the Lin Kuei are killers" so why didn't he go bat shit crazy at Sektor and Cyrax in MK9? He didn't even seem to want to fight Kuai up until he defended his brother in front of him, so no I'm not going with that theory. The unmasked sub-zero is definitely 100% Kuai from the comics, read #11 #12 and you'll see, but the masked sub zero Is Bi-han.

Except that he kind of did? He was acting calmer because of the promise Raiden made him, but he had no qualms about beating the snot out of them. The "our innocence" makes it pretty obvious Scorpion's blaming the whole Lin Kuei.

It was abandoned because having a cousin who shares the same family name explicitly means he's not the last living descendant.

Except that he kind of did? He was acting calmer because of the promise Raiden made him, but he had no qualms about beating the snot out of them. The "our innocence" makes it pretty obvious Scorpion's blaming the whole Lin Kuei.

No he wasn't acting calmer.... The deal was to not kill Bi-han but to only defeat him. If he killed Sektor and Cyrax he wouldn't be breaking his word to Raiden, but he didn't kill them OR start a fight (Sektor and Cyrax started it with him in Mk9) because he only BLAMES Bi-Han for his family's murder, not the entire Lin Kuei, end of.

No he wasn't acting calmer.... The deal was to not kill Bi-han but to only defeat him. If he killed Sektor and Cyrax he wouldn't be breaking his word to Raiden, but he didn't kill them OR start a fight (Sektor and Cyrax started it with him in Mk9) because he only BLAMES Bi-Han for his family's murder, not the entire Lin Kuei, end of.

He walked up to them and told them his clan would soon walk the Earth again while they were insulting him. He was definitely acting calmer. If you can think of who he's talking about when he says "our innocence", I'll be happy to hear it.

He walked up to them and told them his clan would soon walk the Earth again while they were insulting him. He was definitely acting calmer. If you can think of who he's talking about when he says "our innocence", I'll be happy to hear it.

If he blamed the entire Lin Kuei he would of killed those two where they stood asap, But he never did because he only blames Bi-Han, It has nothing to do with him being calm because of Raiden. I'll wait until story mode and I'll let you know what I think when he says "our innocence" but this is a brand new timeline so anything could of happened.

If he blamed the entire Lin Kuei he would of killed those two where they stood asap, But he never did because he only blames Bi-Han, It has nothing to do with him being calm because of Raiden. I'll wait until story mode and I'll let you know what I think when he says "our innocence" but this is a brand new timeline so anything could of happened.

He blames Bi Han the most, but I'm sure he thinks there's enough to go around. I'm not sure how you can think he wasn't acting calm in that scene compared to the rest of the game; he didn't kill them because he knew Raiden wouldn't exactly be happy with that.

He blames Bi Han the most, but I'm sure he thinks there's enough to go around. I'm not sure how you can think he wasn't acting calm in that scene compared to the rest of the game; he didn't kill them because he knew Raiden wouldn't exactly be happy with that.

Why wouldn't Raiden be happy with that? He said nothing about killing other Lin Kuei members. You said he was acting calmer because of the promise Raiden made him and thats why he never killed Sektor and Cyrax, that's not true because if he blamed the entire clan for his family's death he would of killed those two there and then.

Why wouldn't Raiden be happy with that? He said nothing about killing other Lin Kuei members. You said he was acting calmer because of the promise Raiden made him and thats why he never killed Sektor and Cyrax, that's not true because if he blamed the entire clan for his family's death he would of killed those two there and then.

What? Why would Raiden be happy with wanton murder? Especially when murdering Bi-Han's two comrades would make things worse? And I don't see how Scorpion not doing something makes that not true; the way he spoke to Cyrax and Sektor, the stuff he said to them, clearly shows that he was calmer than usual.

If he blamed the entire Lin Kuei he would of killed those two where they stood asap, But he never did because he only blames Bi-Han,

This.
Exactly.

While the Lin Kuei were responsible for the death of Scorpion's clan, Scorpion only blames Bi-Han for it, as Bi-Han likely lead that army.
Hence why Scorpion only comes looking for Bi-Han and sees Cyrax and Sektor as hurdles that he has to get through to fight Bi-Han.
Bi-Han was his primary objective, all along, hence why he only came looking to settle his personal vendetta against Bi-Han.
Once that was settled and Bi-Han was dead and resurrected as Noob Saibot, Scorpion got away from the NetherReam and was able to control his wraith side in the comics.
Scorpion taking about Sub-Zero as a murderer was specifically hinting at pre-MK9 events, as the demon that possessed Forest Fox had nothing to do with Bi-Han.
That demon that killed the new Shirai Ryu is tied to Quan Chi.
The possessed demon even said it himself to Hazo in the comics, that it's tied to Quan Chi.
Unless, Kuai somehow kills Takeda in MKX, Scorpion calling him a "MURDERER!" makes absolutely NO sense at all.

TBH That intro dialogue may very well be story related, who knows what KL has done in the past 25 years maybe he did some shit like murder the Shirai-Ryu(if they even got more members other than those two) or some shit

What? Why would Raiden be happy with wanton murder? Especially when murdering Bi-Han's two comrades would make things worse? And I don't see how Scorpion not doing something makes that not true; the way he spoke to Cyrax and Sektor, the stuff he said to them, clearly shows that he was calmer than usual.

He killed Motaro... EXACTLY if he blamed the Lin Kuei he would not of been calm and killed those two there and then, I'm saying I don't agree with your theory that he's only being calm and not attacking them because of a deal he made with Raiden about Bi-Han.

I'd imagine that if hell was a real place, and you were a cyborg in real life. that you go to hell "Netherrealm" w/o your belongings. So i'd imagine Kuai just reappeared in Netherrealm as himself. Quan doesn't take your physical bodies. but you probably gain some sort of form like your original body so you can be tortured.

So w/e you see Subzero as there, is probably his manifestation of what he reverted to, being sent to the netherrealm.

I totally agree and your theory is awesome. The only problem is that in the end of MK9 when Raiden was fighting the revenants there was Sub-Zero as a cyborg, not as human.