[SPOILER] Sub-Zero's identity in MKX confirmed!

Re: [SPOILER, RUMOR] Sub-Zero's identity in MKX is...

It's Kuai
He got the scar in the comic by Kano, who I'm pretty sure is on Outworld's side, meaning that it's after the first chapter of MKX
Bi is MIA unless Quan did say to Sub in the leaked dialogue that he has "his brother's soul"

Bi is in the Netherrealm or nonexistent and trapped in limbo at this point.

I agree. More importantly, where the hell have you been, long time man!

Sadly I have a hard time seeing that as the same costume of the dude that got his head stuck to a tree.

Looks like just his old school costume prettied up.

I could be wrong though the coloring on it makes me question.

It's a very small panel in the comic. He didn't go into full detail because of how little room he had to work with. But it's the same costume. The headband gives it away.

Also if we look at Kombat Tether's intro dialouges they got form GDC, Sub-Zero mentions his alliance with Johnny Cage. We don't know which costume it was, but since they made no mention of being able to use alts, we can safely assume it is Sub-Zero's primary.

Now when exactly were Johnny Cage and Bi Han allies in MK9? Never. Kuai Liang and Johnny Cage literally fought side by side in the church against the Lin Kuei and Sindel. And after that even, Kuai Liang assists the Special Forces in the story trailer.

There you have the many faces of Kuai Liang... The white eyes in Kuai Liang is just a aesthetic change from NRS. And the mask change is an improvement... from a goofy cartoonish ice mask to an ice shaped one.

KUAI LIANG.jpg

Deal with it boys, specially Commander and Bi-Han MKX, your levels of denial are beyond limits. It's about time to see how wrong you are... accept it.. Noob is gone, he loved to be transformed in Noob, he didn't wanted to come back to human, he loved to be a demon-like being because it was serving to his purposes to be in that form, he said he was perfect now, he deserted Lin Kuei and his brother forever, and now is gone or dead, and I'm glad he will never be Sub-Zero again... you wont get Bi Han as Sub-zero never ever after, if this guy is not dead, he will return in the way he loves to, as Noob, and its a shame to see how frustrated you'll be for all the time you have wasted. Deal with it, there is one Sub-Zero from now on... and forever.

I hope you accept your defeat when things get EVEN MORE OBVIOUS THAN NOW.

I'm becoming convinced default costume is Kuai Lang, simply because "I have your brother's soul"

if he was Bi-han it would signal that Kuai died AGAIN.

Which I kind of doubt.

Hold up.

Can i just point out that Sub-Zeroes default still doesnt have the eye scar?

His alt, the unmasked outfit, has the scar very prominently, and it evidently didnt fade considering Cassie and the rest of the dudes interact with him, unmasked, with the scar, in the story trailer.

So...

It's already been said that some variations will represent characters at different points in the storyline.
Revenant Sub-Zero, who we all know is Kuai Liang, doesn't have the scar either.

I have a few questions:

Do you think we will ever know what happened to Revenant Cyber Sub-Zero and why is he human now?

Do you think Cyber Sub-Zero will make an appereance? (maybe as a costume?)

Since it's pretty much confirmed Sub-Zero is Kuai Liang, do you think Bi-Han is going to be mentioned again (in a flashback maybe?) or he's gonna return as Noob Saibot? (maybe as the big bad?)

I have a few questions:

Do you think we will ever know what happened to Revenant Cyber Sub-Zero and why is he human now?

Do you think Cyber Sub-Zero will make an appereance? (maybe as a costume?)

Since it's pretty much confirmed Sub-Zero is Kuai Liang, do you think Bi-Han is going to be mentioned again (in a flashback maybe?) or he's gonna return as Noob Saibot? (maybe as the big bad?)

I'd imagine that if hell was a real place, and you were a cyborg in real life. that you go to hell "Netherrealm" w/o your belongings. So i'd imagine Kuai just reappeared in Netherrealm as himself. Quan doesn't take your physical bodies. but you probably gain some sort of form like your original body so you can be tortured.

So w/e you see Subzero as there, is probably his manifestation of what he reverted to, being sent to the netherrealm.

Hold up.

Can i just point out that Sub-Zeroes default still doesnt have the eye scar?

His alt, the unmasked outfit, has the scar very prominently, and it evidently didnt fade considering Cassie and the rest of the dudes interact with him, unmasked, with the scar, in the story trailer.

So...

Masked Sub-Zero is probably right after he became "alive" once again after Shinnok's defeat. He doesn't get the scar until a great time after his resurrection, according to the comics.

Just think of it this way:
Masked Sub-Zero = Young Kuai Liang (right after Shinnok's defeat, before events in the comic)
Unmasked, scarred, bearded Sub-Zero = Old Kuai Liang (after events in the comic, 25 years into the future)

Like [MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION] said, not all costumes represent the old, 25 years in the future versions of each character. For all we know, Kung Lao might have a younger alt.

Last edited:

Do any of you remember Robo Cop or any other cyborg movie? Once changed into a cyborg you are no longer human. No soul = dead! reanimated does not bring your soul back. Since Kuai was turned into a cyborg, he was killed in the process. This explains why Quan Chi can not have his soul.Was there a revenant cyber sub? I can't remember. For those who keep questioning why kuai and not Bi, get over it. I want Scorp to be the badass he was meant to be, but he keeps returning a lost soul seeking revenge on a guy who is deads as he once was.
Think about it, the light bulb should turn on in a minute or two.

Do any of you remember Robo Cop or any other cyborg movie? Once changed into a cyborg you are no longer human. No soul = dead! reanimated does not bring your soul back. Since Kuai was turned into a cyborg, he was killed in the process. This explains why Quan Chi can not have his soul.Was there a revenant cyber sub? I can't remember. For those who keep questioning why kuai and not Bi, get over it. I want Scorp to be the badass he was meant to be, but he keeps returning a lost soul seeking revenge on a guy who is deads as he once was.

They are no complete robots, they are part human, part cyborgs, that's how Cyrax was restored on MKG.

They even got brains. Quan Chi probably claimed his sould and reshaped him into something he liked.

Yes, there was a revenant Cyber Sub. Quan Chi very much has Kuai's soul, there has never been anything about becoming a cyborg killing you.

All that was kept of these cyborg warriors are their memories not brains and that's what helped Cyrax regain his humanity. The brain feels emotion, robots don't feel anything that's why they're programmed. Brainwashed and programmed are two different things. Hence alive/soul and cyborgs are dead.

I'm using logic not Boon logic. It was Shao Kahn that made the deal with the Lin Kuei not Quan Chi.

All that was kept of these cyborg warriors are their memories not brains and that's what helped Cyrax regain his humanity. The brain feels emotion, robots don't feel anything that's why they're programmed. Brainwashed and programmed are two different things. Hence alive/soul and cyborgs are dead.

Which is why you can see a brain inside of Cyber Sub-Zero when he's damaged enough, right?

They are cyborgs, not robots. They still have lots from their organic bodies left, Cyrax still had his human face underneath his armor back in the day. And they aren't just "programmed", they are very much brainwashed; Jax restored Cyber Sub-Zero's free will.

I'm using logic not Boon logic. It was Shao Kahn that made the deal with the Lin Kuei not Quan Chi.

I don't know what you're trying to say here.

Perhaps you're not up to date with the MK lore, but in the recent print comic release, it is revealed that Kuai Liang is indeed the man with the scar. You would be reaching, reaching real hard and I'd say you're venturing into the waters of denial if you argue that Bi Han also obtains the exact same scar.

Also MK9 retconned his extremely good nature from the original timeline, and made him a bit more hostile. It makes perfect sense for him to say "you're not welcome here."

I am up to date thanks and I never said it wasn't Kuai with the scar, but explain this, Scorpion: "Murderer" Sub-Zero: "I tire of maintaining my innocence" Scorpion knows Kuai never murdered him or his family, FACT, even in MK9 story mode he says "You are not Sub-Zero" so why would he all of sudden start accusing him? there's going to be 2 sub-zero's like the last game, masked sub-zero is Bi-Han and unmasked scar is Kuai.

Last edited:

I am up to date thanks and I never said it wasn't Kuai with the scar, but explain this, Scorpion: "Murderer" Sub-Zero: "I tire of maintaining my innocence" Scorpion knows Kuai never murdered him or his family, FACT, even in MK9 story mode he says "You are not Sub-Zero" so why would he all of sudden start accusing him? there's going to be 2 sub-zero's like the last game, masked sub-zero is Bi-Han and unmasked scar is Kuai.

That's not what Sub-Zero says. He says "I tire of maintaining our innocence." "OUR innocence." That puts the conversation in a whole different light, and shows that Scorpion probably considers all of the Lin Kuei killers; you also can't say when that conversation takes place in the story because it's not from the story. Scorpion might not actually consider Kuai a murderer at any point in it, and the recent stream even reiterated that not all of the battle intros are going to be canon at all.

Masked Sub-Zero is probably right after he became "alive" once again after Shinnok's defeat. He doesn't get the scar until a great time after his resurrection, according to the comics.

Just think of it this way:
Masked Sub-Zero = Young Kuai Liang (right after Shinnok's defeat, before events in the comic)
Unmasked, scarred, bearded Sub-Zero = Old Kuai Liang (after events in the comic, 25 years into the future)

Like [MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION] said, not all costumes represent the old, 25 years in the future versions of each character. For all we know, Kung Lao might have a younger alt.

I know, but the comic showed the mask version, without the scar, in a scene set years after he got it.