[SPOILER] Sub-Zero's identity in MKX confirmed!

Re: [SPOILER, RUMOR] Sub-Zero's identity in MKX is...

They don't have different voices at all. It's Blum for both. Listen to them one after the other.

They absolutely have different voices! Primary Sub-Zero have the undead voice, but Kuai Liang have the normal human voice just like Kitana and Kung Lao, and I not mean intros. I mean their voice in fight, sounds during the falls, blows...

Last edited:

I never said the outfit I said the ARM ARMOR is the same as the primary.

The arm bands around the biceps are somewhat similar but that's where the similarity ends.
The arm armor near his forearms =/= primary armor where the primary version carries the small daggers and the belt and costume are completely different.

image.jpg

You need to get your ears checked because that's clearly Steve Blum voicing his masked costume as well. It only sounds different because the voice is muffled because he's speaking through a mask. I don't want to insult either but it's kinda apparent.

Just look at 1:02, straining your ears.

The arm bands around the biceps are somewhat similar but that's where the similarity ends.
The arm armor near his forearms =/= primary armor where the primary version carries the small daggers and the belt and costume are completely different.

View attachment 7890
That's what I meant. Also I feel like I've seen that belt somewhere before I don't know where...
They absolutely have different voices! Primary Sub-Zero have the undead voice, but Kuai Liang have the normal human voice just like Kitana and Kung Lao, and I not mean intros. I mean their voice in fight, sounds during the falls, blows...
They do not sound different compare the two, they're not the same. The mask muffles the voice.

That's what I meant. Also I feel like I've seen that belt somewhere before I don't know where...

Dunno, but the forearm armor reminds me of Shredder, which is a very Kuai thing (the Shredder look).
The forearm on the primary outfit looks different.
Different types of daggers?

They do not sound different compare the two, they're not the same. The mask muffles the voice.

LMAO... The mask muffles the voice? :D
And maybe that mask creating undead voice, yeah? xDD

The voice in the Chapter 1 story video does sound different than primary Sub-Zero.
If you listen in the video, Kuai is wearing a mask, but his voice doesn't sound muffled when Kenshi throws him off the back of the plane (3:13 mark) and his voice also sounds normal when he's fighting Johnny Cage.
That voice does sound different than the voice of the primary.

I'm guessing that since this costume version of Kuai is is the game, then the intros with Quan Chi would be different.

Okay-okay, 29 days left, and I finally say that I was right since june 2. Good Luck.
Sorry, but, it's most likely Kuai Liang, the proof keeps on adding up. Good luck with you too.
The voice in the Chapter 1 story video does sound different than primary Sub-Zero.
This may be because, y'know, he's a zombie.
Commander said:
I'm guessing that since this costume version of Kuai is is the game, then the intros with Quan Chi would be different.
It'll be cool to see these.

Last edited:

Just look at 1:02, straining your ears.

Still sounds like Steve Blum to me.

Also, why aren't you using the multiple lines of dialogue that particular version of Sub-Zero speaks in the story trailer? Could it be because it's very clearly the same voice?

This may be because, y'know, he's a zombie.

It'll be cool to see these.

No.
Zombie / revenant masked Kuai sounds the same as unmasked story trailer Kuai.
Masked primary Sub-Zero doesn't sound like either masked or unmasked Kuai.
Listen to the story trailer Kuai, Chapter 1 Kuai and fight intros Sub-Zero.
You'll see that story trailer and Chapter 1 are Kuai, but masked primary Sub-Zero sounds nothing like that.

Agreed.

I can't wait until the game comes out. I firmly believe it's Kuai especially after his identity being revealed via comic. The proof could be right in front of some people and they still refuse to acknowledge it. If it just so happens that Bi-Han is SZ, even if only for a portion of the story I will gladly accept that.

Those that believe it's Bi-Han, you have to admit it appears your logic hangs by a thread. If Kuai is SZ, then you'll have to come to terms with the fact that you couldn't accept it even with proof, though I do respect it a bit. Once again, I can't wait until we find out for sure when the game is released.

The Sub-Zero is Kuai Liang, all costumes. And this finally confirms it.

2718574-screen+shot+2015-01-19+at+3.06.38+pm.png

The vision of Sub-Zero fighting the cyborgs, the same cyborgs who called him Kuai Liang. Wearing his primary costume. If they were different characters, this would not have been overlooked.

No.
Zombie / revenant masked Kuai sounds the same as unmasked story trailer Kuai.
Masked primary Sub-Zero doesn't sound like either masked or unmasked Kuai.
Listen to the story trailer Kuai, Chapter 1 Kuai and fight intros Sub-Zero.
You'll see that story trailer and Chapter 1 are Kuai, but masked primary Sub-Zero sounds nothing like that.

How can you think masked primary Sub-Zero "sounds nothing like that" at all? It's Steve Blum's voice, he's doing the exact same one for both. Just listen to him at the start of both these trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tguv1pBbb_s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6PBvWmavPY

I think its Bi han... because of the eyes, pure white. Jax and Kitana don't have them after being resurrected, so the soulnado theory makes sense to me, also why would Kuai Liang say "You are not welcome here" all sinister like, that doesn't sound like him at all. I don't mind if its him or Bihan but from what I've seen so far I think both will be playable in the game.

The Sub-Zero is Kuai Liang, all costumes. And this finally confirms it.

2718574-screen+shot+2015-01-19+at+3.06.38+pm.png

The vision of Sub-Zero fighting the cyborgs, the same cyborgs who called him Kuai Liang. Wearing his primary costume. If they were different characters, this would not have been overlooked.

Sadly I have a hard time seeing that as the same costume of the dude that got his head stuck to a tree.

Looks like just his old school costume prettied up.

I could be wrong though the coloring on it makes me question.

I think its Bi han... because of the eyes, pure white. Jax and Kitana don't have them after being resurrected, so the soulnado theory makes sense to me, also why would Kuai Liang say "You are not welcome here" all sinister like, that doesn't sound like him at all. I don't mind if its him or Bihan but from what I've seen so far I think both will be playable in the game.
Perhaps you're not up to date with the MK lore, but in the recent print comic release, it is revealed that Kuai Liang is indeed the man with the scar. You would be reaching, reaching real hard and I'd say you're venturing into the waters of denial if you argue that Bi Han also obtains the exact same scar.

Also MK9 retconned his extremely good nature from the original timeline, and made him a bit more hostile. It makes perfect sense for him to say "you're not welcome here."

It's Kuai
He got the scar in the comic by Kano, who I'm pretty sure is on Outworld's side, meaning that it's after the first chapter of MKX
Bi is MIA unless Quan did say to Sub in the leaked dialogue that he has "his brother's soul"

Bi is in the Netherrealm or nonexistent and trapped in limbo at this point.