*Sigh* Disconnects and quitters ¬_¬

That's the whole "dudebro" shooter gamer a-hole attitude that has (unfortunately), crossed over from games like COD, Battlefield and Halo, and is (sadly) poisoning the fighting game community.

No. It has nothing to do with FPS games. Nothing leaked into the FGC, it's called testosterone. "I am better than you. You are ass. Suck my dick" All of it comes from the man himself, not the games he plays.

In Super Smash Bros Brawl there is a rule that TO's have called the "MikeHaze Rule."
Basically it is a rule that prevents you from yelling things at your opponent, you can say things to them, but you can't yell at them.

No. It has nothing to do with FPS games. Nothing leaked into the FGC, it's called testosterone. "I am better than you. You are ass. Suck my dick" All of it comes from the man himself, not the games he plays.

I didn't see any people fighting each other or calling each other names in that video.
That's calm compared to the shooter a-holes.

It does come from the games he plays.
The whole "dudebro" attitude consisting of calling other people names online started with online shooters.
It later came into the FGC, but the whole a-hole online gamer attitude started with games like Halo 1 in 2000 and 2001, when people would sneak up to other players and pistol whip them from behind during capture the flag matches.
The FGC during the MK1 thru MK4 arcade days ( 1992 thru 1998 ) didn't have dudebro people like the ones in the video below posted by MrBlackMonday.

VVVVV

EXACTLY!!!!!

Last edited:
The online portion was far before Halo games like Quake, Doom, Counter Strike all had it to different degree's.

"Aww niggga yo Sentinel is a bich!" You didn't hear that part?

You don't think people called eachother cawksucking queers before fps games? You must have been a sheltered kid.

And your argument of it coming from the game he plays makes no sense. I know people who play COD that are calm when they play. And I know asshole pricks who were asshole pricks before they ever even yelled into their first mic

Watch the Dark Prince interview. Big homie talks about pulling a strap out on people at the end.

You don't think people called eachother cawksucking queers before fps games? You must have been a sheltered kid.

And your argument of it coming from the game he plays makes no sense. I know people who play COD that are calm when they play. And I know asshole pricks who were asshole pricks before they ever even yelled into their first mic

Watch the Dark Prince interview. Big homie talks about pulling a strap out on people at the end.

Nope.
Didn't hear it, and even so, that's nothing compared to what the shooter douches yell to each other online.

Sure, but the whole dudebro online douchebaggery, which is what I was referring to, started with FPS gamers with a mic.
I never said that there weren't assholes everywhere.

You must know that 5% percent of the FPS gamers then. :laugh:
About 95%% of the people that play COD and other shooters as their main game genre, online, are a bunch of douchebags.
Sure, there are tons of gamer assholes out there, but the FPS genre of gaming is what first made them heard.
All those pricks became heard once they could speak into a mic and be a bunch of online tough guys behind their consoles, and the FPS genre was one of the first to do that.

Again, I didn't say that there aren't assholes in every genre.
It's just more prominent in the shooter genre.

It's prominent in EVERY genre. FPS games just get most of the heat because a mic almost required to use it. I've probably played a total of 4 online COD matches. But you'd think I was a "dudebro asshole" If I ever wore a mic while playing Tekken, MK or Injustice. It is the man that makes the asshole, not the game. I swear like a damn sailor (shoutout to TaBB) but isn't from my 4 COD matches, it's from me being a natural asshole.

Well, that's just you, then.

I tried various times to get into the FPS genre, but EVERY SINGLE TIME that I played online, no matter who it was against, people were always cursing into the mic calling everyone names and acting like a bunch of assholes.
On the contrary, I have played more MK games online than shooters and even though you'll encounter an a-hole every now and then, it wasn't as bad as the COD, Battlefield or Halo gamers.
Christ almighty, the great majority people who play those games are MAJOR psychotic assholes.
FPS games are the MAIN reason why I don't play online games.
I deal with enough stress at work and don't need to deal with more assholes when I get home.
After those people crossed over to MK9, in the first few weeks of PSN being back online, I was like "F*** these people."
I blocked them and just stuck to playing people on my friends list.

Well, that's just you, then.

I tried various times to get into the FPS genre, but EVERY SINGLE TIME that I played online, no matter who it was against, people were always cursing into the mic calling everyone names and acting like a bunch of assholes.
On the contrary, I have played more MK games online than shooters and even though you'll encounter an a-hole every now and then, it wasn't as bad as the COD, Battlefield or Halo gamers.
Christ almighty, the great majority people who play those games are MAJOR psychotic assholes.
FPS games are the MAIN reason why I don't play online games.
I deal with enough stress at work and don't need to deal with more assholes when I get home.
After those people crossed over to MK9, in the first few weeks of PSN being back online, I was like "F*** these people."
I blocked them and just stuck to playing people on my friends list.

All that is is you having thin skin. If a little name calling gets you riled up, it's a good thing you don't play online. Nothing leaked into the fgc. I've heard stories of people swearing at eachother on the same machine and then getting into a fight in the parking lot. Pyro, a prominent 3rd Strike player called an entire crowd a bunch of "Mongoloids" because they didn't like him.

Assholes play every game. The only reason you THINK it comes from shooting games, is because shooting games require you to have mics. If you somehow gained an advantage from playing MK9 with a mic, you can bet believe you'd be hearing a lot of death threats and mother jokes.

Assholes play every game. The only reason you THINK it comes from shooting games, is because shooting games require you to have mics. If you somehow gained an advantage from playing MK9 with a mic, you can bet believe you'd be hearing a lot of death threats and mother jokes.

Except a load of people do have mics in fighting games and you don't get anywhere near the abuse.

Call of Duty type games, especially on Xbox have their reputation as having the most pathetic angry nerds on the web. You can't deny a reputation everyone knows about because for some reason you don't like it.

When people in other communities act like a twat, they are told to 'Go back to Call of Duty where they belong'. People who play shooters aren't told to go back to Street Fighter.

It's a part of their culture that isn't accepted elsewhere.

You try going to Evo and acting like those guys in the video above to your opponent and see how fast you are thrown out of the tournament.

Far and away shooting games have the worst examples of human life in gaming in the greatest numbers. You are delusional if you think otherwise.

I'm not saying they aren't assholes, we've all seen enough youtube videos to know it.

What I am saying is, assholes aren't bred from COD, they just gravitate towards it. Meaning just because someone is an dickhead in another game, doesn't mean they got it from an FPS.

Goodness my virgin ears have been corrupted.

Do people rage quit on the PS3 for this game?
When I fight dudes no one rage quits