Scorpion Thread - "Vengeance will be MINE!"

Something missing his ex spear is armored on start up and can pass through a ice clone making it very usefull against subzero

Here goes Scorpion's HIGHEST mid-screen combo so far with no bar.

43% - J.p 2,2,1, spear, back+2, JK teleport, dash, 1,1, Takedown

EDIT: Extremely easy to pull off.

Here goes Scorpion's HIGHEST mid-screen combo so far with no bar.

43% - J.p 2,2,1, spear, back+2, JK teleport, dash, 1,1, Takedown

EDIT: Extremely easy to pull off.
Sorry but that combo only does 34% unless you add a neutral punch before the b2

Last edited:
Most EX Specials have armor abilities anyways. And very true Mrb. Thug, if you don't add the Neutral Jump Punch before the B+2, the damage will be less than the damage that you thought it was.

Spear: B, B+FP- Launches a chained kunai at the opponent, and reels them in close to deliver the extra blows. Throw it to start the combo, but do not spam it.
*Flame Spear: B, B+FP+BL- Launches two flaming kunais at the opponent, and reels them in for a little more damage.
Actually the main advantage to the EX version is that the spears come out faster, so you can catch an opponent before he jumps/teleports away. To be clear: they don't travel faster, he just does the animation before throwing them faster.
Demon Fire: D, B+BP (unblockable)- Summons a hellish flame below the opponent and burns them. Best friend against zoners/turtlers.
*Hell Fire: D, B+BP+BL (unblockable)- Same as regular version, but burns even more. Not recommended to use.
EX Hell Fire can hit enemies who are lying on the floor. Great combo ender. But yeah, don't use it for the measly +1% damage.
Teleport: D, B+FK (can be done in the air)- Disappears and reaapears behind the opponent and strikes them. Don't spam the move.
*Flameport: D, B+FK+BL (can be done in the air) - Same as regular version, but adds an uppercut for more damage and knocks them down.
EX version is also faster on startup, and is good when you're in a corner as it can get you out and start off a wall combo on the other guy.

Should also add that the Takedown is useful to cancel your combo's into if the other guy is blocking high. Here's an example of what you can do if they're blocking high:

a) 2, 1: not finishing the combo will make you jump back a little, making it safer on block than completing the combo.
b) 2, 1, Takedown. The enemy won't expect he has to block low.
c) 2, 1, 2. Now that enemy is expecting the Takedown, start mixing it up with the normal combo. The fun part is, the last hit is an overhead.

The enemy will have to guess which of these you're going to do everytime you start the 2, 1. He can't block the Takedown high, he can't block the full combo low, and he can't punish if he's blocking because he's expecting either of them.

Last edited:
Macros missed option d 2,1 spear is another way to get your opponent into the habit of high blocking also since it can lead into his most damaging combo its usefull for forcing your opponent into waisting meter to combo break you

Very good. Very good strategies. But I believe I kinda have that covered in his gameplay style. But just in case, I added a little more info on the Takedown in the Specials section.

Macros missed option d 2,1 spear is another way to get your opponent into the habit of high blocking also since it can lead into his most damaging combo its usefull for forcing your opponent into waisting meter to combo break you
True. I usually start his combo's with 1, 1 but 2, 1 works just as well and now that you mention, does have the benefit that you can mix it up with the other options I mentioned. Plus 2, 1 may be easier to make sure you don't accidentally do 1, 1, 1. Should try this :)

And might I also suggest if your jumping in with punches using 1 before the 2,1 less chance of over taping 2 throwing the entire combo off oh and while I'm talking about jump in punching seems they are safer then suspected do to a glitch any punishment after a blocked jump in punch is treated as though the character is airborne eventhough grounded here's a video that explains it better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFT3bb1eElY

Last edited:
Update: Made slight changes to the damage in the Advanced Combo section after some tweaking from NRS. Only some combos while the opponent is juggled in the air, has their damage reduced by 2%.

Great Job on the guide!!

Does anybody know where I can get some footage of a high-level scorpion player... I'm really interested in seeing some actual gameplay of a really good scorpion player?

If it seems like you can't land your X-Ray combo, instead of using 1,1,spear to start it, use F+4,Spear. It lets you start your combo with a low hit that most people won't be expecting. I do it often for X-rays or regular combos and it works almost every time.

Great Job on the guide!!

Does anybody know where I can get some footage of a high-level scorpion player... I'm really interested in seeing some actual gameplay of a really good scorpion player?

Youtube is the usual way to go. If possible, try putting the vid in here so I could put it on the second post.

Scorpions clams to be neutral but he is evil, he serves Quan Chi and the NetherRealm and at the end of the game we can see that he is working for evil people...

I thought Scorpion was under mind control from Quan Chi? Or manipulated I forget. I read Scorpion is neutral. And he will work/help whoever as long as it benafits him. He had a good allegiance too at one point. Whatever gets him closer to Sub 2ro ("Vengeance will be mine!")