Roster Speculation

I agree...they better do a good job with old JOHNNY CAGE...cause I don't like the idea right now.

I'd rather Cassie had 2 of her variations be "Hollywood" and "Special Forces" where you can have a Johnny Alt costume for Hollywood and a Sonya Alt for SF. Both having specific specials for each. They had cyborg and human Cyrax and Sektor have different animations so I don't see why they wouldn't do this. Johnny and Sonya need to be playable in the Netherrealm invasion part of the story. 50 year old Johnny sounds sooooo bad.

How many returning characters will there be? So far I'm digging the new characters. Whoever this Kotal Kahn is, I'm really starting to obsess over him.

1402457951322.jpg

Guys don't fall for the master troll Ed Boon the character slots are just random placeholders, just see for yourself and if you don't believe me compare them.

I still think Kotal Kahn might be a brother or a son to Shao Kahn. Most likely son because of how young he looks. Wonder who the momma is.

View attachment 6420

Guys don't fall for the master troll Ed Boon the character slots are just random placeholders, just see for yourself and if you don't believe me compare them.

How the.... oh Mortal Kombat community :| lol

tHkoj73.png

New outfit I guess. Lol

I still think Kotal Kahn might be a brother or a son to Shao Kahn. Most likely son because of how young he looks. Wonder who the momma is.

How the.... oh Mortal Kombat community :| lol
That doesn't make sense though. If he had a son, don't you think he'd be training him to fill his spot? Hell, he was training kitana and mileena, who arent even his children for that. And he couldn't have had a child after mk9 considering he was absolutely more dead than he ever has been, what with the elder gods devouring him or whatever. It has to be an alt universe Kahn or someone with a coincidental name haha

^
Khan spelt the traditional way, probably implying an Islamic background. Also Hsu Hao was a Mongol so it makes sense to use that name initially. All in likely has no relation to our beloved Shao KAHN and Kotal KAHN.

My theory is after mk 9 with everyone pretty much dead it left earth defenseless and shinnok took it over for 25 years or whatever the time period between 3 and 8 is. I cant remember but sonya and cage didnt die in 9 i dont think so maybe there left to form a group of warriors to take down shinnok. Im guessing Kotal Khan is some how related to shao khan an possibly the new ruler of outworld. I'm guessing the subzero of this game is either noob or a new subzero either way im glad hes not a cyborg any more. I wonder if shinnoks army is all the warriors who died in mk9 it did show them all now in the netherealm and that leaked pic of ermac he looks like a zombie so maybe this is the route there taking.

Spader I do pray to God that you're banned for life after that one. That hands down has to be the most disgusting comment I've seen on this site, considering that there are Muslim users on this site happily posting about the one thing we like, MK. I thought you stooped to your lowest by insulting poor people but now I believe you're just absolute scum and a genuinely EVIL person.

Disgusting by Spader.

Anyway, anybody notice that D'vorah actually reveals Ferra's name in the trailer.

"You offend this one Ferra"

Hmmm... Not sure we'll be able to play as the "Dead" Characters that were taken by Quan Chi. Shang Tsung seems truly dead as well as I don't think his soul could have survived when Sindel went boom by Nightwolf.

From what we know I believe the roster is already...

Bug Lady
Big Guy, lil Gurl
Elder Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Cassie Cage
That new Khan dude

So that's 6 which leaves 18 characters unless one slot or so is reserved for DLC and "secret" characters like MK9.

I don't see Cassie's parents making the roster and more than likely they retired after MK9 after watching all their friends and allies die off.

I'm not sure if Cyrax and Sektor are alive.

Maybe Reptile will be in this? He could be really long lived and even could be used to tease Onaga?

Last edited: