Roster Size

Mortal Kombat Armageddon has 61 characters,including characters from Mortal Kombat 4,Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance & Mortal Kombat Deception,I would say on Mortal Kombat X it will be more than 61 characters including new characters Cassie Cage,D'Vorah,Ferra/Torr & Kotal Khan,along with these characters Belokk,Jataaka,Khameleon,Kia & Tremor.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Hi MK fanatics!

During one of the E3 Live interviews (I think it was the Gamespot one) Ed Boon said that considering the character variations 25 characters mean 75 different variations. Also the MK 2011 and Injustice E3 demos showed a roster screen identical with the final version's. I think only DLC kombatants will increase this number so the 24 could be the correct number and maybe there will be an unlockable or a Sony exclusive that'll make it 25. Think about it: 72-75 variations, intro dialogues, variation special moves, this is a lot of work already.

And I support NRS with the new characters. I love the classic ones and I've been playing MK since the mid-90's but for nostalgia there is MK 2011. I want new characters and new favourites. I can't wait to play as Ferra/Torr and definetely will try Kotal Khan and D'Vorah. Cassie is not for me I think but her X-Ray could be fun so I don't mind her inclusion and I like her origin. And while I wasn't a fan neither of the MK4 newbies now I'm looking forward to the new kombatants. To be honest I would drop at least half of the MK9 roster in a heartbeat. I played a lot as Johnny Cage or Liu Kang but I wouldn't be heartbroken if they didn't make it this time. Noob's the same story. No cyber-ninjas? Fine with me. As long as Sub Zero is in and the majority of the new ones are interesting at least as much as Ferra/Torr or Kotal I have complete trust in NRS. Try it out first, complain later. ;)

Less is more in a game like this. There's a reason everyone liked MK2 and people didn't much care for MK:A

Both the Polygon interview and another gaming site interview ( I forgot which one) stated the game shipping with about the same as MK 2011, so I'd say around 30 is a safe bet with an exclusive.

30 is fine, imo.
I'm thinking 24 main roster characters for MK X, with another 6 via DLC.

MK X main roster will probably be:

8 new
8 MK9
8 post-MK3

Mortal Kombat 9 has 28 characters along with 4 from Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition,that's a total of 32 characters,I'm thinking that if you add/include the characters from Mortal Kombat 9 in the Mortal Kombat X game,could you at least include DLC(Downloadable Content)of at least 12-24 characters from Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance,Mortal Kombat Deception & Mortal Kombat Armageddon.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

A nugget at the end of the angry joe inteview is that the roster size is confirmed "About the same size as MK9" so that means 27-28 but i say 30 + dlc

MKKE is a love letter to fans from NRS and they didn't have to invent characters they just revamped the old ones. MKX's roster will introduce new kombatants with 3 variations each so 24-26 will be more than enough - for me, at least. I like Johnny Cage but if Cassie's in, there's no need of him or Sonya as a playable one.

I think we will start with the current characters unlocked and have to play the story to unlock the new ones and the characters from MK4 and beyond.