Roster Size

Noob Saibot 2011

It's most likely we will see the roster size (amount of shadowed slots) at E3 next week. But for now. how many kombatants do you hope will be in MK: X. I reckon it will be around the size of MK9. Atleast for 360/PS3. I don't know if XB1/PS4 will have more. It would be a sore one if that were to happen.

my guess is somewhere between 30 - 34.

Last edited:
30 - 40 is too big of a roster, IMO.

I'm guessing more around the 24 - 28 character range, with another 4 or 5 slots for DLC.

13 of the characters left alive + Sub-Zero and possibly Liu Kang, which = 15
10 - 13 characters which are either post-MK3 or new.

MK9 had 34 characters along with the bosses, DLC characters and Kratos, so I don't see how having less than 30 would be good. I would say have roughly 30-38 characters.

Im going to guess around 25 or so

10. Returning characters from MK9
10. MK4, Deadly Alliance, Deception characters
5. Brand new characters

And then 4 or 5 DLC characters

i Think 5 Brand new character is okey. i mean i dont wanna a uninspired designs.
Maybe a luchador character could be cool. you know, street fighter, tekken, KoF. every fight game have one.
Anyway, i think 10 characters from 4-armageddon could return. my personal favorites are reiko, shinnok, draminh, havik, darrius, ashrah.

I think something similar to the previous roster, give or take a few.

I think what they need to avoid is too many characters, surely we learned our lesson from Armageddon right?
I would very much prefer a tiny roster with well flesh out and developed character over a huge roster with a bunch of bland thoughtless characters.

MK9 had 34 characters along with the bosses, DLC characters and Kratos, so I don't see how having less than 30 would be good. I would say have roughly 30-38 characters.

I'm talking about the main roster, not NPC characters.

MK9 had 27 main roster characters.
The DLC and Kratos made it 32, not 34.

My 24 - 28 range seems like a pretty accurate guess for the MKX main roster, given that the main roster of MK9 consisted of 27 characters, which is less than 30.

Last edited:
i bet it'd be around 32-36 before dlc...i'm guessing they'll probably cut 3-6 of the guys from mk9 then add about 6 mk4-MKDA guys maybe introduce 2 new people

MK9 has 32 characters after you count Kratos and four DLC characters. Expect the same amount for MKX. Slightly under 30 on launch, slightly over 30 after launch.

I hope they don't introduce new characters yet. They have a lot of story left to finish up before they need to introduce everyone.

Get the story retold and the you can move forward with creating new stories and characters.

Last edited:
20-22 characters, 10-12 from MK9 8-12 post MK3 or new. Then rather than dlc i'd like to go SF4 route, Super MK10, Arcade Edition, Ultra MK and so on