Resident Evil 2 Remake confirmed!!!

ll they shold put them in a collection anyway. wether theyre like the original releases, HD, or remakes.

Last edited:
Instead of remaking an old RE game, they should just make a new one.

No

I don't care if you older RE fans hate the recent ones.

Us older fans don't care if you newer fans want a new game and look at which one is actually happening.

I'd rather play a new game than some old outdated PS1 & N64 game.

That's you and a very few select people. RE2 might be outdated, but it still holds up to this day as a corner stone in the survival horror genre and has left quite the impact on players who played RE2 back in the day. RE2 is getting a remake for a reason and the reason is that it's a classic with a great story, great villains, amazing soundtrack and unbelievable atmosphere that only a handful of select games can give you. RE2 is a fan favorite and it deserves to be remade. RE6 killed the series and yet you want a NEW RE game?

They are remaking the gameplay too? I didn't think so.

Don't be a fvcking cvnt with your shitty little snarky comments.
And yes... Yes they are. Do you REALLY think that they're going to completely remake RE2 and give it the old school tank controls? You're out of your fvcking mind if you think that.

RE2 Remake is catering to the long time fans like myself who have stuck around with the series since the get-go. You're obviously not a life long fan like myself and a lot of other members on this forum. If you don't want to play an "old outdated PS1 & N64 game", then go choke your dick over RE4 and play that and stop trying to shit all over the RE2 remake because you wanted another shitty terrible new RE game.

Last edited:
Instead of remaking an old RE game, they should just make a new one.

A sound suggestion, but with one minor problem. Since RE4, Capcom have been endeavouring to recreate the success of that game with minimal success, e.g. Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6, etc. From their perspective, "making a new game" would not be the correct avenue to go with the series. However, the somewhat recent announcement of a Final Fantasy VII remake at E3 - which generated a lot of hype - no doubt motivated Capcom to take a look at their earlier titles and see if any were popular enough, and low and behold, Resident Evil 2.

It just isn't viable for Capcom, based on their last two numbered releases, to develop a new title when remakes are growing in popularity. Look at the HD remastering for REmake, it was a commercial success and that's another important factor. I get that you're not a fan of the earlier games and given your age, you likely never played through them from beginning to end, so here's how you could approach the concept of a remake: See it as an opportunity for you to play a classic numbered title in the series with all the spit and polish you've come to expect from this MLG Doritos Mountain Dew Geoff Keighley age of gaming we live in today. You might like it.

I don't care if you older RE fans hate the recent ones

On the contrary, I did enjoy RE5 though I know a large proportion of the community were not fans of that particular game at all. That said, it's not about the older fans not caring if the younger tweenlets think we hate the recent games, we don't care about you in general but that's beside the point. We care about the series, and we want the series to continue to be a success and most importantly, to be fun. Games are meant to be fun and if a game doesn't achieve that aim then it's garbage, just like RE6.

I ain't a fan of the series. I just happen to like the last 2 games.

I thought the point of a Remake was to Remake the game entirely, not just add slightly updated graphics & textures.

And i already played the classic RE games. Thought the gameplay was pretty lame.

The classic RE games geared more towards adventure than action. Hence, it's more about exploring the environment and solving puzzles than fighting zombies. The control scheme didn't age well, but the feeling of isolation, often narrow hallways which limits your ability to maneuver around foes, limited resources helped in created a sense of tension.

Good for you bro.

This is huge news for me. RE2 is among my favorite games. It came just in time when I discovered zombie films at age 11. This is going to be great.

I ain't a fan of the series.

I think that goes without saying. Please leave a topic on which you know little about, you're only going to end up inciting unnecessary drama and getting into a pointless argument. My purpose here is not to antagonise you or to make you feel unhappy. I'm offering you a chance to be a man, accept that you don't possess sufficient knowledge on the topic and walk away.

Leave the opinions to those who have the knowledge to support them.

For the rest of us, I have very conflicted opinions on the remake. While RE2 is one of the greatest games ever made (along with GoldenEye 007 on the N64), we have to keep in mind that this isn't the Capcom of 1998. Much has changed in the company since that time, many of the staff who worked on those earlier titles have moved on to other projects and development teams, which leaves me with a little doubt regarding the remake.

Still, it's a tried and tested formula and the recent HD remastering of REmake has proven that there is a demand and a market for the old school gameplay mechanics. As long as they don't bloat the game with downloadable content, premium skins and pre-order bonus weapons then I'm fine with it. I swear, Capcom's new company slogan these days should be something along the lines of "At least we're not Konami!"

Last edited: