Raven

Hot damn that voice is repulsive. I was hoping for the more tomboyish voice she had in the show.

Pass.
Remember, she is possesed by her father, Trigon. That's why she is on the Trophy picture AND the fact that Trigon appears in her super

She's good its just that voice that's what throwing me off to play as her

I don't see why her voice is a turn-off for playing as her.
Aside from the into, he's just another playable character on the roster. ;)
He appears to have a Noob Saibot / Ermac / Kenshi feel, so I could see people using him online a lot.

I wouldn't want to use her either. If Sektor sounded like Skarlett I'd be rockin the Raka a lot more.

I wouldn't want to use her either. If Sektor sounded like Skarlett I'd be rockin the Raka a lot more.

So regardless of Sektor's gameplay, you'd use him less if he sounded different?
Seems funny considering that people have called me out on not liking Cyber Sub-Zero for his story, looks and gameplay.

I dislike Cyber Sub-Zero, but it's because of all 3 KEY factors: the story, aesthetic look AND gameplay.
Once upon a time I gave Cyber Sub-Zero a shot with gameplay.
Still didn't like him, but I DID give him a shot.
I don't say I dislike something in a video game, unless I try it first.

So regardless of Sektor's gameplay, you'd use him less if he sounded different?
Seems funny considering that people have called me out on not liking Cyber Sub-Zero for his story, looks and gameplay.

I dislike Cyber Sub-Zero, but it's because of all 3 KEY factors: the story, aesthetic look AND gameplay.
Once upon a time I gave Cyber Sub-Zero a shot with gameplay.
Still didn't like him, but I DID give him a shot.
I don't say I dislike something in a video game, unless I try it first.

1) Did you want to play Cyber Sub, or were you just complaining about Sub Zero being Cyber?

2) A voice is something that CONSTANTLY comes up before, during, and after a fight. That's a rather important part of the character. Imagine if Johnny Cage sounded like SKarlet; it would detract from the idea of the character.

Personally, this doesn't affect me at all, I don't like her voice, her moves are awesome though. Knowing how MK's Tag Team worked you always had the first character do the talking, so just pick Raven second all the time.

1) Did you want to play Cyber Sub, or were you just complaining about Sub Zero being Cyber?

2) A voice is something that CONSTANTLY comes up before, during, and after a fight. That's a rather important part of the character. Imagine if Johnny Cage sounded like SKarlet; it would detract from the idea of the character.

1) A little bit of both.
I tried using Cyber Sub-Zero a chance, post-patch, to give him a chance. Still didn't like his gameplay.
I was also very against NRS turning him cyber in Story Mode, just for the sake of "something changed in the storyline" to make it seem different.
Same for Kung Lao, Kitana, Jade, Jax, Stryker and Liu Kang's stupid deaths.

ON TOPIC:
2) Unless you're playing Story Mode, voice matters little.
Aside from character intros, the extent of voice stuff in matches is grunting and pain noises that they make when they get their asses handed to them.

Personally, this doesn't affect me at all, I don't like her voice, her moves are awesome though.
EXACTLY my point. :mullet:

1) Fair enough, those deaths were pretty stupid, I fully agree on that.

2) Actually, if a voice is grating, even grunting and stuff like that is a pain to hear. It's just..... blah.

While I'm happy she's in the game, since she's my favorite DC female, it doesn't really matter to me; I was always planning on maining Deathstroke or Bane, and Raven here was always going to be a side show. Her voice doesn't change that too aweful much.

Having said that, will LOOOOOVE it when they have a secondary costume that changes her voice like the Arrow adaptation.

Matters to some people more than it matters to you. I hate fighting Kenshi too. His voice is annoying as hell. Its a very valid reason to not use a character. Aesthetics are a huge factor to many people when choosing a main

sexy, Hooker boots is muy bueno

tumblr_m6jcpqWHtU1rv8jpzo1_500.gif

the voice is a lil off putting thou, since I associate raven with the CN cartoon

It doesn't make any sense why Tara Strong isn't the voice of Raven. She did harley Quinn's voice for the batman games (IDK about Injustice ) It won't stop me from using her but hopefully there is a alternate costume/w different voice down the road.

Last edited: