Question about Sub-Zero.

You might be right. Kuai Liang was also a technology enthusiast and showed lack of respect for his brother; as if his death was no big deal in John Tobias' comic. However, I have a feeling the MKII game had a slightly different take on Sub-Zero. I think his attitude was left slightly and intentionally ambiguous except that he was known to spare "a life" which surprised Scorpion... WHICH IMPLIES he was still brutal in the tournament and in general.

Regardless, I would imagine you would have to be somewhat cold in general to be able to accept assassination assignments when it "calls for it", according to him in John Tobias' comic.

I think it was always the original intent to make younger Sub-Zero have an uncanny resemblance, character-wise and fighting style, to his older brother. Tundra may imply that he was different enough from his brother, but it also signifies a distant, cold and ruthless assassin just like Sub-Zero.

I also think it was the original intention to make Kuai Liang at least motivated to find his brother's killer in MKII (despite the strange contradictions with the comic [not that it entirely conflicts or reveals his intentions anyway...]). So I don't think this is really a retcon but is actually a "re-emphasis" on Kuai Liang's motives.

Honestly, I think everyone is reading too much into the situation. Not that it's a bad discussion, but personally, I think the most simple of assumptions can explain the cause of confusion:

* The first bio was just a placeholder of sorts. I remember thinking that when reading those initial bios, because they weren't very well written. The revised bios are written in an evidently more professional manner, which suggests that the previous ones were merely temporary, and weren't meant to accurately reflect the story.

* The original interviewer may have also thought too much into the classic Sub Zero reference. It could have simply been in regards to the design of the character instead. Which is correct; I'm willing to bet that most fans who think of Young SZ, think of his MK3 version, when his identity as the brother was truly defined. When I think of classic SZ, I think of both MK1 and 2, regardless that it's not the same character in lore.

Why I believe it was never "changed" is that NR would've already been working on the story for a significant amount of time. That includes the lengthy cutscenes that are apparently in the story mode. I don't think they would follow a change of heart that would require reworking what was already long in development.

However, on the off-chance that a change was indeed made...
* To include Noob Saibot as his own character.

That's my thoughts on the topic.

Well I appreciate everyone's positive replies. As for the people complaining about this post, if you didn't like, you shouldn't have posted. In any event, everyone here has wonderful, believable, acceptable ideas as to what happened. I could speculate many things about what I thought, and this discussion had a lot of good ideas. I wrote this post to see if there was any concrete information out there as to what happened for sure and whether or not they changed their mind or what happened.

Thankx again to everyone you had POSITIVE replies.