Please, no more DLC characters from future MK's

TheNight

Leave the storyline intact and save the characters for the next game. People are asking for Reiko, Shinnok, Fujin, Tanya...etc.

Just leave them for the next game since they are the main characters in the next one.

After Rain, release cyber smoke and maybe Motoro as a FREE DLC end boss and finish it.

That would complete all the characters from MK1-UMK3.

Sorry Just my opinion.

Disagree...

DLC has nothing to do with story, people is digging to much on this story stuff, just enjoy the new chars in versus.

Who doesnt want them and wants to keep their game "intact" just dont buy them, but dont quit other people the option to enjoy new chars, just because you have issues with it.

Disagree...

DLC has nothing to do with story, people is digging to much on this story stuff, just enjoy the new chars in versus.

Who doesnt want them and wants to keep their game "intact" just dont buy them, but dont quit other people the option to enjoy new chars, just because you have issues with it.
This. +1000000000

I couldn't agree more, story relevance should have nothing to do with choosing and not choosing characters for DLC.

if you want them to leave the story line intact then Reiko, Shinnok, Fujin, Tanya should be added over cyber smoke because he doesn't exist in this reality. and blame Raiden for no Motoro, he killed him.

and the next game doesn't have to be a reboot of mk4 they could end up going back in time again, for all we know .

and why ask for motoro as free, if they put in the time to make that horse there going to need some cash.

if you want them to leave the story line intact then Reiko, Shinnok, Fujin, Tanya should be added over cyber smoke because he doesn't exist in this reality. and blame Raiden for no Motoro, he killed him.

and the next game doesn't have to be a reboot of mk4 they could end up going back in time again, for all we know .

and why ask for motoro as free, if they put in the time to make that horse there going to need some cash.

+rep for the 1st paragraph dude.

About the horse, it must be a lot of work to put a mokap suit to a horse... hehe

About the horse, it must be a lot of work to put a mokap suit to a horse... hehe

Hahaha I really wanna see a goofy faux "Making of MK" video where the people at NetherRealm try to motion capture a horse and the thing just goes crazy and starts stampeding around the studio. Tramplings galore. That's the kind of stuff that would've been fantastic to add into the Krypt lol.

Just because a character is in MK9 doesn't mean they can't be in MK10.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero, anyone?

And it wouldn't negate anyone's story for them to be included in this game as DLC. They'd get an Arcade Ending (often non-canon) and a Bio, neither of which would kill future story potential but could actually offer further insight than would've been offered if they only appeared in MK10.

Leave the storyline intact and save the characters for the next game. People are asking for Reiko, Shinnok, Fujin, Tanya...etc.

Just leave them for the next game since they are the main characters in the next one.

NRS have rebooted the timeline in MK9. In terms of the bigger picture, there is no storyline to keep intact. Any existing MK character could be DLC for this game - it's up to NRS to rewrite thier story accordingly.

Nothing is set in stone, so it's a bad idea to assume the next game will be a remake of MK4. Shinnok may not be the next boss, and no other MK4 character has to appear.

Disagree...

I agree
Some people care too much for the story; like having a character in this Mk meant not having them in the next one.
Also, I don't think the DLC characters will have story mode chapters, just bios and arcade endings, good way to introduce them to the "new" MK universe.
That being said, I NEED to have Fujin as DLC!

Disagree...

Lets say Shinnok is released as DLC. How is that doing any good? The power behind his character (and his role in the story) is lost. It's NOT the appropriate time to put him out there. Besides, he's a boss character. What happened to the whole "No playable bosses" thing?

Rain and Skarlet I can definitely understand. The two of them should have been in the game in the first place. Rain because he belongs there... And Skarlet would have made a fantastic secret character. I mean, Noob? Jade? Smoke? Why the hell were they the secret characters? They're part of the starting roster! Skarlet would have been perfect.

So making the two of them DLC totally makes sense. Kenshi? Well, I suppose. If it's a proper introduction. And he WAS present during the second tournament (in the retelling, at least). But there's no good reason to throw in other characters who don't belong. Save them for future titles.... It'll be so much more meaningful.

I hope these four are basically it. Anymore and they'll be overdoing it.

Rain and Skarlet I can definitely understand. The two of them should have been in the game in the first place. Rain because he belongs there... And Skarlet would have made a fantastic secret character. I mean, Noob? Jade? Smoke? Why the hell were they the secret characters? They're part of the starting roster! Skarlet would have been perfect.

Reptile, Jade, Noob, and Smoke were secret characters in MK9 because they were all secret fighters in previous MK games. They're throwbacks to MKI-MK3, just like the game as a whole.

Post-Trilogy characters should be added as DLC, so as to build them up as the main characters in the next game. If people can familiarize themselves now with the likes of Reiko, Fujin and so forth in this new style and vision of MK, then no one can logically complain about their hypothetical inclusion and major role in the next MK game. People will already have an idea of whats in store for the next game, and who will lead the new game.

Moreover, you can transition the series beyond the Trilogy with the inclusion of the post-Trilogy characters as DLC. We really don't need more than half of the current roster in this game to be included in the new game. But, you can start introducing fans to characters that can/will lead the next game.

Reptile, Jade, Noob, and Smoke were secret characters in MK9 because they were all secret fighters in previous MK games. They're throwbacks to MKI-MK3, just like the game as a whole.

I understand that. But it's no longer effective. They are established characters and are even part of the main roster. They AREN'T secrets anymore. This game could have really blown us away with new characters to tease us with. Total missed opportunity.

Lets say Shinnok is released as DLC. How is that doing any good? The power behind his character (and his role in the story) is lost. It's NOT the appropriate time to put him out there. Besides, he's a boss character. What happened to the whole "No playable bosses" thing?

So making the two of them DLC totally makes sense. Kenshi? Well, I suppose. If it's a proper introduction. And he WAS present during the second tournament (in the retelling, at least). But there's no good reason to throw in other characters who don't belong. Save them for future titles.... It'll be so much more meaningful.

I hope these four are basically it. Anymore and they'll be overdoing it.

Shinnok is only a boss as far as storyline goes, as far as gameplay he's always been a normal character. Same with Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. Do you think they should be unplayable also? Shang Tsung and Quan Chi have been boss characters in games before, and Shang is still a boss in MK9.

I understand that. But it's no longer effective. They are established characters and are even part of the main roster. They AREN'T secrets anymore. This game could have really blown us away with new characters to tease us with. Total missed opportunity.

Oh I think it would've been cool to have an MKII-era Blaze secret battle. I started a thread awhile back about the potential for secret fights in this game, so I agree that they definitely could've done more. However, I do like the throwback feel I got from fighting Noob and Smoke as secret characters, it was pretty cool. I would've prefer the throwbacks to the old school as well as establishing new secrets and such, but I didn't mind the secret fights that they did put in.

Shinnok is only a boss as far as storyline goes, as far as gameplay he's always been a normal character. Same with Shang Tsung. Do you think Shang Tsung should be unplayable also?

Yeah but they're trying to set him up as some kind of super boss in the next game. He's been sneaking around in the shadows manipulating events... He should be a bigger baddie than Kahn even. So I totally feel he shouldn't be playable.

As for Shang Tsung, I never liked him being a "normal" character. But I don't care for him in general. After MK1 he should have just gone away.

Oh I think it would've been cool to have an MKII-era Blaze secret battle. I started a thread awhile back about the potential for secret fights in this game, so I agree that they definitely could've done more. However, I do like the throwback feel I got from fighting Noob and Smoke as secret characters, it was pretty cool. I would've prefer the throwbacks to the old school as well as establishing new secrets and such, but I didn't mind the secret fights that they did put in.

Eh. I don't know. It just didn't do it for me. I was looking forward to the secrets and other little things in this game SO MUCH. I was very much let down.

I mean, I understand why they did it. I just didn't think it was that effective. If they were really set on it, fine. But like you said, they could have thrown in new characters as well. Would have made things so much more interesting.

I think for the Shinnok situation, there's should be two forms. One that is normal and playable and there's one that is super powerful and unplayable. Sorta like Shin or Final Shinnok. The final boss Shinnok is very dangerous, unpredictable, adaptable to player's playstyle to create a countermeasure and have more moves than the playable version of Shinnok.

I actually kind of agree with OP.

I just hope they don't release too many DLC characters for MK9. I mean, if they add like 8 or 10 new characters then it's gonna become a pretty chaotic and dumb looking casual game. Plus I don't wanna learn 10 new matchups and deal with dumb gimmicks and shenanigans.

More characters = more glitches, more infinites, more bugs, more nerfs and buffs, more patches and hot fixes. At this rate we'll never have a complete version.

If they add a bunch of randoms then they should at least ban them from tournaments imo.

Disagree...

You should take your own advices and "quit other people the option to enjoy" Unmasked subzero for Cyber Sub.."Who doesnt want them...just dont buy them"...