Petition for more dlc!

*SIGH* Fine, if I'm sounding annoying, I apologize, but don't tell me anyone on this forum likes cliffhangers, in games, tv, movies, or books, they're just vast amounts of time wasted. Now let me just say, these comments have been aimed only on the story mode of the game, THAT'S ALL, everything else is done perfectly, the characters, the gameplay, the arcade, the challenge tower, the krypt, etc. They're all done perfectly, but when you add a story mode to ANY kind of game, you end it on a satisfactory note, AT THE VERY LEAST!!!

How are cliffhangers = vast amounts of time wasted? If the storymode did not end like the way it did, it would not be that appealing at all. The fact that Shinnok and Quan Chi were silently steering all the events in the game towards their favour is a pretty good revelation and ending. Atleast we know now that we would be getting a MK10 which will be primarily based on the MK4 storyline. It also leaves fans hyped and speculating on the next game. NRS played their cards right on this. I don't see any reason why people should be disappointed.

Not DLC wise

It's too late to be releasing DLC for MK9 now

Maybe they could announce a new game or something while at the same time celebrating the anniversary through other means

In my opinion it's too late.

DLC works when it comes in short stream bursts.

They were getting money from the not so devoted players because they were coming back to back in rapid succession. we were getting DLC like 1 item every 3 weeks or so? It keeps you in your seat for the rest of the ride.

It's like watching a show you're only half interested in. You stay because it's continually playing/changing, but if you're given the slightest chance to change the channel, you won't look back.

This is why DLC IMO won't work that well anymore. Half the guys that bought them earlier, probably won't buy this time around thus hurting the sales because they already "Got over it" because of the stop in DLC.

In short more DLC would've worked, but they left it dead for too long to "reconsider" it.

REposting this as to why no more DLC

I fail to see what a 20th Anniversary dlc will accomplish anyways. As stated by others, it's simply too late. NRS hasn't updated their game in long time, and it's likely a good number of people have moved on since then. What matters is, as consumers we already got the game that many anticipated. For some, it's the game that renewed their faith in the series.

Sadly I agree on the dlc being too late for mass purchase, for some weird reason they gave up on MK9 too quick and they let the hype die.

However I really don't think we'll see MK10 on this gen of consoles and they'd be even more stupid not to do something for the anniversary this year, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Ultimate MK9, kind of like Super was for SFIV, or even the AE big patch.

Sadly I agree on the dlc being too late for mass purchase, for some weird reason they gave up on MK9 too quick and they let the hype die.

However I really don't think we'll see MK10 on this gen of consoles and they'd be even more stupid not to do something for the anniversary this year, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Ultimate MK9, kind of like Super was for SFIV, or even the AE big patch.

Oh I hope so. But wouldn't that be MK:KE already? Anyways, I think they will leave it as is because they are too lazy to work on the console versions.

People need to shut the f*ck up about UMK9 already, it ain't happenin'

^ Thank you...

Your UMK9 is the Komplete Edition, and I doubt they're going to transfer any of the costumes to the console version because their main focus is to promote sales of the Vita version and it's to late for DLC. They wouldn't make a lot of money off it also because only about 100 or less people are on MK9 a day on XBL <_<

UMK9 =/= Complete Edition

UMK9 isn't happening though

I never expected UMK9, but the DLC character alt costumes would have been nice to have from the start, especially since I use Rain a lot.
They should have included those DLC alt costumes in the compatibility packs.

I agree with this completely, perfect among of extra dlc. The gane itself as is is incredible but the ultimate fan needs just a little bit more. They should make a new character who is the true underground head of the black dragon clan and design him as a spin off of M. Bison. BONG!!!
Give me 8 more characters, new alts for existing characters, a few new fatalities, and a few new stages and an endless Kombat mode...

oh and bring baq the sound effect for Lui Kang's bicycle kick

Call it Ultimate MK and Ill give you $40 for it

MK9 chatrooms are empty because the game is already old and people just got fed up with all the spamming i do online lol

Not true. I realize your post is a couple months old, but I've been playing MK9 on PS3 over the past week and there's constantly 200-300 players online, with plenty of half-wit banter in the chat rooms. I'm not sure about Xbox 360, as I haven't been on there in a while.

I totally agree with you Metal b/c all of those characters listed could have a way bigger role in the story. Also there are other characters that have little to no part in the story like Reptile and Skarlet.