Persona 4: Arena

My friend bought P4A on PSN so while he's downloading it, I decided to play against a random and it made me remember why I absolutely hate going up against randoms. All they ever do is spam. spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam. This guy did the same 2 moves over and over again with Yukiko. Fan spam then used her Persona to draw me back further into the corner and I couldn't do anything because evasive dodge was useless since I would get hit either by her fans or her Persona and Aki doesn't have any projectiles and I used my one time to use Ziodyne. I won though because the cvnt couldn't do shit against my Aki pressure. Only did 3 combos, one on which I messed up on accident but no big deal because the other 2 combos were both 35% combos and she was in a corner.

Saved the replay too. Fvcking bich

I find that problem with spam goes both ways. Spammers get away with their antics because the other player usually doesn't know how to deal with it. However, once the other player finds away around the spammer's moves, the spammer will be forced to change tactics in order to remain competitive. In other words, you have to give spammers a reason not continue what they are doing.

Yukiko is no match for Chie or Akihiko at close range. Yukiko's strength lies in keeping opponents at bay, where she can attack from relative safety. It would be foolish for a Yukiko player to not take advantage of her solid arsenal of projectiles, and she is one of those characters who fall easily once her momentum is taken away from her.

My friend bought P4A on PSN so while he's downloading it, I decided to play against a random and it made me remember why I absolutely hate going up against randoms. All they ever do is spam. spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam. This guy did the same 2 moves over and over again with Yukiko. Fan spam then used her Persona to draw me back further into the corner and I couldn't do anything because evasive dodge was useless since I would get hit either by her fans or her Persona and Aki doesn't have any projectiles and I used my one time to use Ziodyne. I won though because the cvnt couldn't do shit against my Aki pressure. Only did 3 combos, one on which I messed up on accident but no big deal because the other 2 combos were both 35% combos and she was in a corner.

Saved the replay too. Fvcking bich

Was she spamming or zoning?

Two different things.

spamming. Just straight up spamming.

Someone jump on PSN and play some P4A with me. I'm bored out of my mind and sick of Score Attack.

Alright, I hope you're being true, lol.

Because spammers are easy to beat sometimes.

Zoners are what are annoying, but a legit playstyle, especially with Yukiko.

Alright, I hope you're being true, lol.

Because spammers are easy to beat sometimes.

Zoners are what are annoying, but a legit playstyle, especially with Yukiko.

FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA FAN FAN PERSONA is NOT A PLAYING STYLE.

@flawless: I'm game! Hit me up whenever. If my PSN is set to away then I shouldn't be gone too long.

EDIT: I'm good to play whenever you are. I'm not doing shit tonight, plans got cancelled. Just message me on here so I know when you wanna play because I'm not looking at my PSN screen atm.

Last edited:
I'll be up to play in about 30 minutes or so. I'm heating up some wings in the oven and I'm starving since I haven't eaten today. I'll be ready to play in 30!

I'm not sure if it is or not. I usually don't even bother with the BGM.

I'm ready btw.

BBBLP is playing P4A right now. I sent him a message asking if he wants to join us.

Not when you don't even know how to play the game. I just got finished with the tutorial.
Had no idea you could turn around in the air

Had fun with Flawless. This random joined the game though and just spammed the same few moves over and over again though. Not even kidding. His Elizabeth was:

Thanatos grab, throw, 5AAA, grab, ziodyne, thanatos grab, throw, 5AAA, grab, ziodyne, thanatos grab, throw, 5AAA, grab, ziodyne. That's literally all he would do. Though I shouldn't expect any less from an Elizabeth player. Anyone who chooses her is automatically a pussy in my book.

Me and Flawless had a Kanji vs Kanji match. Flawless one because I'm absolutely terrible with Kanji since he's such a slow character. Funny though that me and Flawless did the exact same 4 moves at the same time back to back to back to back. electrocute, square, electrocute, square, triangle.

I accidentally left the lobby though because I was just spamming circle waiting for the next game which probably made it seem like I rage quit lol.

I'm worried about my PS3 though. It's been on for 4 days straight and the fan is loud as hell, so Imma shut it down for the night.

I'm definitely up to play though tomorrow night. A friend of mine just started playing it last week and I'll get him to join. He's not too bad with Titsuru either, considering he's only had it for a week now.

Last edited:
I noticed you chose alternate colors to like P3 characters...like Pharos Teddie LOL

Had fun with Flawless. This random joined the game though and just spammed the same few moves over and over again though. Not even kidding. His Elizabeth was:

Thanatos grab, throw, 5AAA, grab, ziodyne, thanatos grab, throw, 5AAA, grab, ziodyne, thanatos grab, throw, 5AAA, grab, ziodyne. That's literally all he would do. Though I shouldn't expect any less from an Elizabeth player. Anyone who chooses her is automatically a pussy in my book.

To be fair, that guy did set us up for some nasty combos. I have to admit I had more than my share of bad reads and got spanked in the process.

Me and Flawless had a Kanji vs Kanji match. Flawless one because I'm absolutely terrible with Kanji since he's such a slow character. Funny though that me and Flawless did the exact same 4 moves at the same time back to back to back to back. electrocute, square, electrocute, square, triangle.

I have been trying to improve with Kanji since the our first session. I actually learned a little from observing what moves you utilized when playing as him. That electrocuting attack can beat out a lot of other attacks at close range thanks to its super armor property, although it can leave you vulnerable if your opponent anticipates it. I'm surprised I won some matches with him, but hadn't had much success with Chie.

I accidentally left the lobby though because I was just spamming circle waiting for the next game which probably made it seem like I rage quit lol.

I'm worried about my PS3 though. It's been on for 4 days straight and the fan is loud as hell, so Imma shut it down for the night.

I'm definitely up to play though tomorrow night. A friend of mine just started playing it last week and I'll get him to join. He's not too bad with Titsuru either, considering he's only had it for a week now.

I always shut down my PS3 after I finish playing. That thing builds up heat like crazy.

Last edited:
I noticed you chose alternate colors to like P3 characters...like Pharos Teddie LOL

Yeah for the most part lol.

Teddie = Pharos
Chie = Yukari
Aigis = Metis
Yu = Minato
Yosuke = Eikichi (P2:IS)
Yukiko = Chidori
Naoto = Ken
Kanji = Baofu (P2:EP)
Labyrs = FeMC
Shadow Labrys = Marie
Aki = Takaya
Titsuru = Maya (P2 IS/EP)
Elizabeth = Shinji

To be fair, that guy did set us up for some nasty combos. I have to admit I had more than my share of bad reads and got spanked in the process.

I absolutely cannot stand it when people just do the same few things over and over again when they have such an arsenal of moves to choose from like Elizabeth does. BUT that move where she spins and sucks you into the compendium is straight fvcking bullshit because you can't dodge it unless you just spam the hell out of evasive dodge and even then, the guy would just try again and again until he gets it. I couldn't do shit without projectiles against the guy.

I have been trying to improve with Kanji since the our first session. I actually learned a little from observing what moves you utilized when playing as him. That electrocuting attack and beat out a lot of other attacks at close range thanks to its super armor property, although it can leave vulnerable if your opponent anticipates it. I'm surprised I won some matches with him, but hadn't had much success with Chie.

There was one match with you as Chie and the other guy as Mitsuru and near the end both of you had like 2 hits left. You had a burst and I was just watching you hoping you'd use that but he was able to get the punch in before you.

I just cannot play as Kanji. No matter how much I practice with the guy.

I always shut down my PS3 after I finish playing. That thing builds up heat like crazy.

I try to, but sometimes I'll either forget to or just walk away from it and never come back lol. When I was trying to platinum MK9 I left my PS3 on for a straight month.

Got dat platinum tho!

Not when you don't even know how to play the game. I just got finished with the tutorial.
Had no idea you could turn around in the air

Still bein' a bish.

I play SCIV with my friend all the time and I can't tell my ass from my elbow when playing that nonsense.

I just press buttons and hope they work. Like button mashing without the mashing :mullet:

I absolutely cannot stand it when people just do the same few things over and over again when they have such an arsenal of moves to choose from like Elizabeth does. BUT that move where she spins and sucks you into the compendium is straight fvcking bullshit because you can't dodge it unless you just spam the hell out of evasive dodge and even then, the guy would just try again and again until he gets it. I couldn't do shit without projectiles against the guy.

In fighting games it's not about the number of moves you use in a match, but how effectively you use them. Also, some moves are better than others. Movelists, can be quite long in games such as Tekken, but you only a see a few key moves in a serious match.

That move where Elizabeth sucks you in the book is a throw. All throws can be broken if you press C+D at the right time, but I admit it can be difficult to see it coming in the heat of battle.

I try to, but sometimes I'll either forget to or just walk away from it and never come back lol. When I was trying to platinum MK9 I left my PS3 on for a straight month.

Got dat platinum tho!

Although I like collecting trophies, I got sick of trying to trying to grind for the my Kung Fu is Stronger trophies. I only managed like 10 hours with Kitana (who I used the most) before my PS3 hard drive got corrupted. I left my PS3 overnight on accident a few times, I don't like putting my console at risk just for trophy.

Back to P4:Arena, I got two trophies last night.

Last edited: