People are disappointed with Reptile's look?

The new look keeps growing on me every day. He looks like a cute little turtle!
This is his best look since UMK3. The versions between just looked awful but this.... TURTLES!

I like turtles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

Seriously though, I do like his new look. I think if just a little of the point of the chin part of the mask was taken out, he would look a lot less avain, but consequently maybe a little bit more "turtely"

I like that he is no longer in his old human form, as the developers would have probably done it this way if they could have back in early years of the series. They'll have to work in how he degraded form so quickly in the story now..but I'm glad to see him non human form none the less...turtle, bird, lizard..whatever he ends up looking like.

I don't mind his new look. what I don't like is his costume.
its just so plain in my eyes.

very disappointed indeed all i now is he betta have his MKSM Costume or UMK3 as alt. costume
Last i checked reptiles and birds are 2 different species

mkt-reptilevs.png

reptile_852.png

Armageddon_Characters_for_MK3_by_Methados.jpg

Last edited:
I honestly prefer the UMK3 human ninja look for reptile. The DLC alt costume is also very nice. A mixture between the 2 reptiles of MK 1 & 2

Not really a fan of it, sure his name is Reptile, but his older Costumes added to the mystery about him and It was always rewarding when you'd see his face during a Fatality. I think that they've just screwed around with his design too much, since being unmasked we've had 3 completely different looking Reptiles and It just doesn't follow suit with the Character, why all of a sudden the transformations? How come he's using his Shaolin Monks costume in the last tournament when beforehand he had a completely different form in Deadly Alliance? It just doesn't make any sense.

So because his name is Reptile, he's supposed to LOOK like a reptile?

I see.... Is Shang Tsung supposed to look like a Shang Tsung? What the hell does a Shang Tsung look like?

Anyway, his MK2 design is the best. Mk4 is when his character went downhill for me. Now he's just a joke.

Last edited:
Reptile's not my favorite character, and this is not my favorite look that he's had, but I want the MK team to at least stick with it this time, instead of constantly reinventing the way he looks.

Well look at Scorpions name, does he look like a Scorpion? No deal, It his Nickname which fits well with his personality, along with Reptile, at the start I always thought Reptile was just a Ninja with Reptile like influence in his Fighting Style, that's how I liked it. There wasn't really a need to completely change his Character, It just worked well with his Ninja persona, although perhaps due to the influx of Ninja characters some designs had to be sacrificed in order to stop hearing Fans whine about how all the Ninja Characters are just Palette swaps, but still they could have at least picked lower-tier Ninja characters instead of changing up a Ninja that's been there since the start, and I may add he had more Ninja-like substance about him than Scorpion or Sub-Zero, being the sneaky shady character who lurks underneath the Pit.

I think his new look is kick assssssss
but I really liked his human ninja form from the past games, AndI really hope they fixed his fatality, and maybe make his other one
make more sense.

Reptile is my favorite MK character, and I must say I hate this new look. It's not as bad as some of the other versions but it is still embarrassing to look at.

I've never seen an established character in any form of media go through such a drastic physical change. I never understood changing his genetic make-up from one game to the next. The appeal of Scorpion, Sub-zero, and Reptile (in large part) was there look, and I think the developers lost sight of that.

I understand he IS something other-worldly, but in the beginning he did look human, as others have said.

Honestly the best 3D iteration of him was his Shaolin Monks/Armageddon one. They shouldve based his design on that.