Patch Notes 5-14-15

Raiden - Shocker was causing combo damage scaling to be reset.

Raiden (Thunder God) - adjusted some combo damage scaling

What does that mean? Anyone can explain to me?

-Matchmaking improvements when finding a Ranked or Player Match.

"Improved". Now I can no longer play any noobs and get easy wins. Now every match I fight is against people that are my skill level and stressful :(

-Matchmaking improvements when finding a Ranked or Player Match.

"Improved". Now I can no longer play any noobs and get easy wins. Now every match I fight is against people that are my skill level and stressful :(
LOL
thanks for the laugh

Raiden - Shocker was causing combo damage scaling to be reset.

Raiden (Thunder God) - adjusted some combo damage scaling

What does that mean? Anyone can explain to me?

The more hits there are in a combo, the less damage they do as the combo progresses. This is combo damage scaling. So say an uppercut does 12%, it'll do say 8% if you do it after a few juggles. Hypothetical numbers, but you get the point.

His Shocker was resetting the scaling though. Meaning every hit afterwards was doing full damage.

The more hits there are in a combo, the less damage they do as the combo progresses. This is combo damage scaling. So say an uppercut does 12%, it'll do say 8% if you do it after a few juggles. Hypothetical numbers, but you get the point.

His Shocker was resetting the scaling though. Meaning every hit afterwards was doing full damage.

Holy crap that sucks for me :laugh: :whine:

My best kombos come from Shocker, crap!

Brazilian MK fans are just as ravenous as US fans. It's nice to see an American studio show international love.

Is it just me, or is NRS not doing a good job on costumes with MKX? Not a single outfit has amazed me. All of them have been from "okay" to "shit tier"

Is it just me, or is NRS not doing a good job on costumes with MKX? Not a single outfit has amazed me. All of them have been from "okay" to "shit tier"
Absolutely.

I love the variety and the fact they're willing to do plenty of them, but aside from the Horror pack (all very good quality, and they suit the general theme of the game) everything's been 'meh'. The Brazil and Kold War skins all look awful IMO.

I do like the free Klassic ones, though.

DLC or all together? I think many of the characters in MKX have received their best costumes to date. Namely Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile (Tournament), Ermac, Quan Chi, Kano, Shinnok, Kitana and many others.

I like how experimental they're being with the dlc. I don't want more arcade era costumes, I want fresh designs. Kraken Reptile, Gaucho Kung Lao, Revolution Kano, that's the kind of shit I love to see. Not just some subtle change to their primary costume

Yeah, the costumes that came with the game are I think some of the best ever. The women in particular have never looked better.

The DLC ones are more of a mixed bag, but like [MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION] said I like that they're being experimental and outside the box with it.

[MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION]

I was talking strictly about DLC. The in-game costumes are pretty good overall. I do like experimentation with costumes, but not something like a Brazil pack. I want something like MK Deception's Sub-Zero alternate.
[MENTION=18905]mandead[/MENTION]

You think this looks good? lol

20150514_211333[1].jpg

The Brazil pack wasn't made to appeal to us :laugh:

The Kraken costume is beastly. One of those things that's so goofy it's awesome. You really don't like slow mo combos while butt naked?

I don't own it yet, I've just seen the renders and thought all three (Horror pack) looked really good.

That close up is... not so nice, though ;D

Skin packs should cater to MK fans, not soccer fans. I would think it would be just as stupid if there was a 'MERICA skin pack.

Skin packs should cater to MK fans, not soccer fans. I would think it would be just as stupid if there was a 'MERICA skin pack.

To be fair, only Johnny has a football outfit, while Kung Lao has a Gaucho one and Liu Kang a Capoeira one which to my understanding have nothing to do with football.

You get my point . I'm fully aware that they aren't all soccer skins. but the point still stands.

No it doesn't. Brazilian Mortal Kombat fans are just as diehard as American Mortal Kombat fans. This pack doesn't appeal to general soccer fans, it appeals to MK fans who live in Brazil.