New Sub-Zero Video at IGN

well i cant see it since im at school right now, but which one is it?

I guess it doesn't technically confirm whether or not it's the younger or older brother, but Sub-Zero says (to Scorpion), "My brother participated in this folly, I do so only to face his killer!" Scorpion then says, "You are not Sub-Zero!" Subby replies, "I am his family and clan, I fight for his honor."

I guess it doesn't technically confirm whether or not it's the younger or older brother, but Sub-Zero says (to Scorpion), "My brother participated in this folly, I do so only to face his killer!" Scorpion then says, "You are not Sub-Zero!" Subby replies, "I am his family and clan, I fight for his honor."

well i guess sub is ready to die(joke) those two both lost something, they need to just hug it out. Which arena was it? ill guess it was the dead pool

I now have more reason to believe that Taj Gill was right, and this IS the Younger Sub Zero.

This video cleared up the Vignette confusion, A LOT.

I now have more reason to believe that Taj Gill was right, and this IS the Younger Sub Zero.

This video cleared up the Vignette confusion, A LOT.

I'm still wondering why we were told, initially, that the Sub-Zero in this game would be the older brother, or the "original" Sub-Zero. Was Ed just confused? Did they actually change plans later in development? Is there some crazy twist in the story we're currently unaware of?

I'm still wondering why we were told, initially, that the Sub-Zero in this game would be the older brother, or the "original" Sub-Zero. Was Ed just confused? Did they actually change plans later in development? Is there some crazy twist in the story we're currently unaware of?

I think you're right they probably changed the story during development, would'nt rule out the crazy twist either though, they said pretty much directly that this is the original/elder Sub and gave some strong hints that there would be a cyber Sub, something like "you'll see some cyber characters that were'nt robots in the previous story" and that pretty much leaves young Sub considering he's the only Lin Quei that got away when they mechanized all their warriors. Maybey all the negative feedback torward the idea of a cyber-Sub made them change their mind. The trailer is awesome, I can't wait to learn to play Sub Zero all over again, and Scorpion sounds crazy, despite all the secrecy and frustration, we all know this game will be amazing, we just gotta suffer 3 1/2 more months or so!

At this point, with NetherRealm, any of the above are possible. LOL :p

must say this looks really badass. The cutscenes look great compared to the mk vs dc graphics too. hopefully the voice acting isn't as cheesey either

so the current sub-zero is younger but nrs made him slightly evil like elder sub-zero (whom scorpion killed) or is he noob. im not uptodate with info because i dont have access to a computer. its been weeeeks!!!

I think you're right they probably changed the story during development, would'nt rule out the crazy twist either though, they said pretty much directly that this is the original/elder Sub and gave some strong hints that there would be a cyber Sub, something like "you'll see some cyber characters that were'nt robots in the previous story" and that pretty much leaves young Sub considering he's the only Lin Quei that got away when they mechanized all their warriors. Maybey all the negative feedback torward the idea of a cyber-Sub made them change their mind. The trailer is awesome, I can't wait to learn to play Sub Zero all over again, and Scorpion sounds crazy, despite all the secrecy and frustration, we all know this game will be amazing, we just gotta suffer 3 1/2 more months or so!

It's strange to think they'd change it up during development, but I guess you can't do it afterwards. ;-) Anyway, they said in the last MKast that members of the team do browse the various forums. When it was first hinted at that the younger Sub-Zero might be automated, many fans went nuts. Seriously, there was some people extremely pissed about it (hey, MK fans are a passionate bunch). Well, as they said in the MKast, they do take fan ideas and criticisms very seriously and that might have been enough to cause them to consider a change. Either way, this particular story so far is very intriguing and I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with it.

nice find...

Cyborg Sub-Zero would have been epic though...

and that combo he did with Kitana was ridiculous...

he is definitely the younger. I got that impression from the vignette. it said that he admired his brother, that was all the info I neede. why would the younger be suzero first? if you paid attention it made it perfectly clear. this video was cool but if you compare it to scorpions , scorpion still looks ridiculously powerful kinda like mk vs dc. subzero looks to be a little on the slow side as well.

Thanks for the credit araknyd, much appreciated! But yeah, omg after seeing this video, sub zero has some killer ass combos, better than scorpions i believe. The freeze looks like its gonna do wonders in this game, especially the enchanced freeze, named the Ice Beam.

But now, onto the story. What i think is what Shawnbronald said, they probably changed the storyline after announcing sub zeros character. It made sense for them to do this, because of a variety of reasons.

The first reason being what would they do with younger sub zero then? Turn him cyborg? **** NO, that would ruin such an iconic character, more people know about the younger "good" sub zero than the older brother, mainstream fans i mean, not us hardcore ones, so there probably would be intense fan backlash for ruining a character people, including me, have come to love. Leave him out of the game completely? Again, no because of fan backlash. Include 2 sub zeros in the game? Could have worked but i think it would have ultimately been a waste of character space, i wouldnt have minded that, but still, its not the smartest approach.

Another thing they probably realized is that if they eliminated older sub zero, there would be one word: NOOB. Now its easier for NR studios to put Noob in this game because of the older brother's death. And to keep both younger and older sub zero fans happy, they made younger sub more dark and out for revenge, sort of a combination of both sub zeros, which i say time and time again was the best move on NR studios' part.

So yeah, i have come to a conclusion that this is INDEED younger sub zero, scorpion also saying "AW HELL NO, YOU AINT SUB ZERO" helped support that fact as well.

nice find...

Cyborg Sub-Zero would have been epic though...

and that combo he did with Kitana was ridiculous...
Cyber Sub could still make it, they thought Older Sub died but he was saved and turned into a cyber-ninja, then maybe killed again and came back as Noob or escaped his cyber suit by transforming his soul into noob. Possible ideas that wont happen.

As a side not, those are some pretty bad voices in my opinion.