Mortal Kombat HD Remix with MUGEN

Don't forget FINISHING BONUS.

That was only in the SNES version (it was used instead of "FATALITY").

MK_2.jpg

I've liked each of the different lifebars shown so far for different reasons, but I think this really nails it. It's the best compromise I've seen between accuracy to the original and extensive HD overhauling. I dig the updated text as well for similar reasons. Very nice!

I love the progress that has been made over the last few days; everything is coming along brilliantly. Keep up the good work, guys!

Thanks guys, appreciate the nice words.

unreal, I like everything you've done. If this was voted for the final product, I'll have no complaints

Also, I found this on youtube. Its a movie where some of the MK talent acted in. Great reference for the models:

Yes and yes.
Plate looks great up close, but for the smaller sprites I think a bit brighter would be better. And red lens instead of red eye sounds good to me.

One suggestion for Kano model. Ric Divizio has noticabelly hairy forearms. You can see it even on Kano and Kabal sprites from the old games. I think that would be a nice touch-up on your model.

Amazing work man, would love to see Sonya get this kind of detailed treatment like her nemesis.

edit:
I don't have PS on this pc, can somebody paint Quan Chi mask on this face, just for the heck of it, I'd love to see it :)

flanvd.png

afajnk.png

Last edited:
@Calactyte: I'm confused by the latest mockups people like UnrealWins and Justin have been posting. Calactyte, did you roll back the palace guard? I sincerely hope not! I guess UnrealWins & Justin just used older stuff?

@la_luna: I hadn't even considered that a good Richard Divizio model would also be ideal for Quan Chi! Whenever they get around to remaking MK4 they have a model they can use! :)

@MortalGojira: It looks great and I would agree that a lense for the red eye would be best. Something else though.. it appears the corner of his eye the "medial canthus" looks so bright it almost looks like it's glowing.

Last edited:
Yeah, as soon as I saw unpainted bald Divizio's head, Quan Chi popped in my mind. While we're at him, Quan is the last "new" character I liked. Never cared for new guys in MK4 and anybody from 3d console games (Kenshi, Dhramin and Havik are OK I guess)

Yup, looks like older versions of Cal's stages. Also, is it just me or they look squashed? Palace Gates in particular... I love letters and blood nevertheless.

Ok, cool. I brightened up the plate and also inserted the lens. And for the corner of the eye, I probably have it too long. The coloring might be too bright as well. I've update it. Thanks.

I'm also getting pretty lazy with the wrinkles. I just exported the mesh out at a level with enough depth to it instead of retopoing it properly. So its a fairly dense mesh. I may not even get time to adjust it well enough, so if anyone else wants to take a crack at it, please do

31.jpg

Yes and yes.
Plate looks great up close, but for the smaller sprites I think a bit brighter would be better. And red lens instead of red eye sounds good to me.

One suggestion for Kano model. Ric Divizio has noticabelly hairy forearms. You can see it even on Kano and Kabal sprites from the old games. I think that would be a nice touch-up on your model.

Amazing work man, would love to see Sonya get this kind of detailed treatment like her nemesis.

edit:
I don't have PS on this pc, can somebody paint Quan Chi mask on this face, just for the heck of it, I'd love to see it :)

flanvd.png

afajnk.png

How about this:

32.jpg

UNREALWINS's lifebar isn't bad, but to me it looks more like something from Sonic the Hedgehog than MK. Just kinda cartoony. That's just my opinion.

Cal and Bleed haven't say a word about the life bars... what's it gonna be? To me it's a big deal because they're going to be in each fight no mather who we choose... I trust the team will end up with the best possible choice tho.

I'm doing some reworking on the Cage model, Gojira's work gave me some inspiration to try harder, and I think I need to step it up a notch.

I did some topology study on models ripped from Tekken, Soul Calibur, etc. and found some tricks to make the joints deform better. Especially around the shoulder area and the hands. I'm making some changes like that to Cage, and I need to add some skin details. I didn't take it as far as Kano, but it's looking pretty sick, so I'll need to follow.

That's it, I'm just over here working quietly on that.

Awesome work guys, keep it up :)

UNREALWINS's lifebar isn't bad, but to me it looks more like something from Sonic the Hedgehog than MK. Just kinda cartoony. That's just my opinion.

I agree with this. Again, the bright yellow is catching my eye with UNREAL's version but I still like Justin's version a bit better. Justin, I know you've probably had enough by now, but could you try making the bottom half of the yellow outline of the life bar just a little closer to the brightness of the top half? I realize that will take away some of your effect but I think that's really all it needs to make sure it pops out well over the stages with that really light blue sky.

I'm doing some reworking on the Cage model, Gojira's work gave me some inspiration to try harder, and I think I need to step it up a notch.

I did some topology study on models ripped from Tekken, Soul Calibur, etc. and found some tricks to make the joints deform better. Especially around the shoulder area and the hands. I'm making some changes like that to Cage, and I need to add some skin details. I didn't take it as far as Kano, but it's looking pretty sick, so I'll need to follow.

That's it, I'm just over here working quietly on that.

Awesome work guys, keep it up :)

Good to hear from you Bleed, glad you're taking care of business and can't wait to see what you come up with.

Here's the mesh with some proportion changes. I'm working on the topology now, almost done. I need to unwrap it and project this Zbrush detail on to it.

I'm going to try using a real hair plugin, I saw a guy working on youtube and got some ideas for how to do it better.

Cage-front_zps25739877.jpg

Cage-side_zpsf08ca2fa.jpg

Cage-back_zpsfa288765.jpg

Here's the mesh with some proportion changes. I'm working on the topology now, almost done. I need to unwrap it and project this Zbrush detail on to it.

I'm going to try using a real hair plugin, I saw a guy working on youtube and got some ideas for how to do it better.

Cage-front_zps25739877.jpg

Cage-side_zpsf08ca2fa.jpg

Cage-back_zpsfa288765.jpg

good to see you again bleed... you've been so quiet lately, I saw some guy working with real hair in max and I'm learning how to use the hair and fur modifier and I think we can get some good results with it, I will use it on Liu no matter what LOL.

I really wanna see cage with some polypainting

I agree with this. Again, the bright yellow is catching my eye with UNREAL's version but I still like Justin's version a bit better. Justin, I know you've probably had enough by now, but could you try making the bottom half of the yellow outline of the life bar just a little closer to the brightness of the top half? I realize that will take away some of your effect but I think that's really all it needs to make sure it pops out well over the stages with that really light blue sky.

Can do. I'll post that up asap.