Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

To be Devil's advocate.

Innovation has nothing to do with what characters are in the game (though Motaro would be "innovation" as NRS would be finally arsed enough to put extra effort).

You can put entire MK cast, in every single game and people won't get bored. Why? Cause by that logic people should be sick of seeing Raiden/Sub-Zero/Scorpion. Nah. It ain't about the characters. It is about execution.
You can make a sequel and have a brand new cast, but if the gameplay is pretty much the same, as the previous iteration and visuals have barely changed, people will be bored pretty quickly.

Hence why people ask for their characters every single game. A new game = new visuals, new gameplay. It is the same character, but it really isn't.
I completely understand Mileena fans and feel for them. Now every reasonable fan of Mileena is being put together with a bunch of idiots that keep spamming Boon's chat. That actually sucks. Not to mention... with... every... f$cking... guest character, they get more and more frustrated. Those spots could have been for OG MK characters, instead you get Robocop, Terminator, Spawn and Joker. That's four slots for what could have been MK characters.

Oh and for anyone trying to say "it makes MK more popular!" Oh f%ck off. MK became what it is, without relying on Hollywood celebrities. It is just a cash grab, with no regard to original Franchise. At this rate, MK12 should be just called Mortal Celebrity Kombat 12. MK characters will soon be treated as guest characters in their own game. Hence why I am jumping off this MK game train.

And going back to the MK cast. Give me one LEGITIMATE reason why they couldn't just add all MK characters in every MK game.
"I don't like those characters" is not a valid argument, as that is just yours and select people's opinion.
"The amount of time it would require to do that!" Oh yeah. It would require around 6-7 years of development to accomplish a task like that. Which means the game would have to be built to last, but that's not what corporate wants, now does it? Gotta milk that money fast! F$ck the quality, screw the long term business plan. Just keep producing sequels and then have the same people that demanded sequels every few years, start bit%hing on how terrible everything is.
"It would get stale" Not if the visuals are upgraded, new gameplay innovations are introduced (actual innovations, not "we made gameplay slower") and new content is added.

People don't get their characters now, because games are being rushed. So they have to pick which character will appear and which won't. In the meantime they use those few precious spots for guest characters. They are literally feeding the extremist behavior, which is born from frustration (and just being an a$$hole). They dug themselves a grave with MK Armageddon. They dropped entire cast and people want that back. They use that as a example. So yeah. They just keep shooting themselves in the foot. But eh. At this point, don't feel bad for devs. That can be their Karma for lying and treating people like idiots.

It ain't about the characters. It is about execution.

Exactly. I have 4 of my favorite characters in this game: Scorpion, Jade, Kotal and Shao Kahn. Can't stand all of them now. Kinda glad that Sektor is an NPC and Reptile just disappeared. Imagine the outrage Mileena fans would display if she'd get...let's say...the Frost Treatment(tm)? ;)

To be fair those same people who give mileena players a hard time also cried just as much when jade was only a Kitana variation in mkx. They just weren't as vocal about it because the mileena community outnumbered them.

Some of the Jade players, probably. Dunno.
I can only speak for myself as an MK fan, but I don't mind either of them skipping out a game to make room for newer characters.
Yeah, I was also bummed that Fujin never came to MKX, but the difference is that I never harassed Boon and NRS just because he didn't make it into the game.
That's the difference and those are the annoying stans that people complain about, and with reason (imo).
I have no issue with the sane Mileena fans that just want their character back.
Cool, no worries.

IMO its sucks when any character is left out not just mileena but I get NRS only have so much time to get these games made. My only real gripe is selling those classic characters back to you as DLC. Imagine the outcry if in mk12 sub zero and scorpion where no where to be found but offered as DLC a year in. I bet we would be having a very different conversation. Obviously NRS will never be bold enough to do such a thing but it's something to think about.

Sub-Zero and Scorpion are the Ken and Ryu posterboys of MK and they wouldn't ever do that (as you stated), but yes, people complained and moaned when Scorpion was missing from MK3 (due to issues with the Pesina brothers at the time).
The internet wasn't as popular back then as it is today, but yeah, people were still annoyed.
As for selling some of the klassic characters as DLC, I have no issue with it if it means a better chance to either see some returning 3D era characters or new characters on the main roster for a bit.
Aside from the 10 that they've deemed must have for every game (the OG7, Jax, Kitana and Kung Lao), according to MKX and MK11, I have no issue with them swapping out Ermac, Reptile, Mileena and Quan Chi for Noob Saibot, Jade, Kabal and Baraka.
Not every game will be MK Trilogy 2.0 like MK9 was, and I don't think it has to be either.
We have all 7 of the MK1 characters, 5 out of the 7 MKII debut characters and 4 out of the 7 characters from MK3 and Jade, yet the MK11 roster is still not good enough for some people.
Including Skarlet, that's 18 out of the 30 characters from MK9, and Shao Kahn is also playable.
Every klassic MK1 thru MK3 character in this game has AT LEAST 1 klassic skin and AT LEAST 1 klassic finisher (except maybe Noob).
We now have the Dead Pool from MKII and the Soul Chamber from MK3 as well as Friendships.
Even with all of that klassic stuff being brought back, it's still not good enough for some of this fanbase.
THAT'S what makes a certain sub-set of the fanbase come off as "annoying," that nothing is ever good enough for them.

I get that most of the people on this forum hate Mileena/Mileena fans? I'm not trying to defend a bunch of cry babies who lost their minds when NRS didn't give them what they wanted.I'm just pointing out that MK seems to get further and further from what made MK great with every new game yet keep playing the nostalgia card when their sales start dropping. That's my biggest issue with MK11 it proves NRS don't stand for anything except making a quick buck off of a gullible fanbase.

Again, I can only speak for myself, but, I don't hate Mileena the MK character.
What I hate (as you mentioned) is when crybabies lose their minds when they don't get what they want and so they feel that means they can harass the developers making said game.
Yeah, it's fine to be annoyed that you didn't get something you hoped would be there, but when they start crashing Tweets with Mileena comments when Boon is legit giving condolences for someone that just died, yeah (imo) that's crossing a line.
It's not at the Reiko douchebag type of level, but it's still really disrespectful.

Last edited:
Fujin's gameplay was awesome.
Augments are getting an overhaul, story mode will be 5 chapters long and some moves will be armor breaking with the update.
I look forward to May 26th.

The Fujin gameplay demo looks hella broken lol. He can literally run in the air! I look forward to seeing 7 fujins and 1 joker in the top 8 at evo lol.

Fujin's gameplay was awesome.
Augments are getting an overhaul, story mode will be 5 chapters long and some moves will be armor breaking with the update.
I look forward to May 26th.

You have no idea how I am happy that not only the crossbow with its weird aims is back, but MOST IMPORTANTLY: FLYING KNEE IS BACK.

My Elder God, the sound of that move is pure nostalgia. I was afraid they were going to leave that out, but nope, it's there!

Also, both Scorpion and Sub-Zero look amazing. A tribute to Deception is always welcomed, but I also love to see MK9's Scorpion on better graphics than the original. It was much more like a fantasy type of design, it looked pretty great in MKX and it looks so real now in 11 too.

And grateful they are using so much the updated poster for those skins that I'm almost forgetting the choices they made to present them at first.

Any "meta changes"? Fujin looks great.

Besides the usual character balance patch thats coming with the update (important highlight is that Shao Kahn is getting much needed buffs) they added a new armor break property for specific moves for all characters, you can use this as a read against fatal blows, ex moves, and breakaways, and certain armor break moves have special properties like pop-ups and re-stands. It seems mainly be a means of making breakaways and fatal blows more risky.

You have no idea how I am happy that not only the crossbow with its weird aims is back, but MOST IMPORTANTLY: FLYING KNEE IS BACK.

My Elder God, the sound of that move is pure nostalgia. I was afraid they were going to leave that out, but nope, it's there!

Yes, I know the exact feeling.
You're talking to someone that's wanted a playable Fujin with original gameplay and new Fatalities ever since MK4.
I'm fcking elated to play as Fujin on Tuesday!!!

Would it kill anyone, to hire a proper video editor? Cause the music choices are just getting worse and worse.

Oh and Kitana to Sindel: "You should have stayed dead." Welp. Unless there is some drastic change, that's the Sindel now.

Last edited:
Would it kill anyone, to hire a proper video editor? Cause the music choices are just getting worse and worse.

Oh and Kitana to Sindel: "You should have stayed dead." Welp. Unless there is some drastic change, that's the Sindel now.

I think the music is more of a Boon / upper staff choice, but yeah, I also don't care for the music choice in the MK11 videos.

As for Sindel, I expected them to further explain the "new" retconned Sindel with the Aftermath story and not back-peddle on what they created for this game. Double down on retconned Sindel.
Like this just seems to explain how she was brought back from the dead, as in the newly retconned / pre-MK9 dead Sindel.
I'm happy for the rest of the Aftermath story, though.
Looks like it'll be fun.

Also, with how the "the end is here" line is being used to promote it (at the 1:29 mark of the video), methinks this will be the last story DLC and that the more recent "leak" of more story DLC after this isn't true.

As much as I love Liu Kang, I'm excited to see the OG Raiden leading the armies to the final battle. It's never too much Raiden for me.

I wonder how things will turn out since Kronika having the crown was the major unbalance in her favor in the first scenario. Now that they have it, she can't even kidnap Liu Kang, therefore he's present in Kharon's ship, but there's also no Fire God Liu Kang, keeping his revenant on the battle and Fujin using the crown to burst the gates of the Keep. I hope there will be a good explanation for Fire God's return, since by denying his origin should work the same as killing younger Kano.

Also, since Jacqui and Jax's chapter (the one they will interfere) is 9 and Raiden is 11, I wonder, judging chapter 10 turns out the same, if our Thunder God will come to the conclusion of Kronika's deception. If he doesn't, that could be leverage for Shang Tsung, as he mentioned in the intros, to clash Raiden and Liu Kang.

It seems that could happen, notice Kotal Kahn is in Kharon's ship and Kitana is fighting Shokans, probably considered SIndel's resurrection an act of treason. But to Kotal to be standing, some interference might have occurred in chapter 7, and maybe even on 6, since past Cage looks pretty well despite his condition after the fight club event.

I hope Shang Tsung killing Ermac is the reason for him to be there. He could have only traveled back before Kronika's rewind. Wonder how Fujin and Nightwolf are in this mess.

Last but not least: Revenant Liu Kang is using a new artifact. Here:

Screenshot_2020-05-21 (1) Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath – Official Launch Trailer - YouTube.jpg

Looks like another kind of talisman. I wondered if that could be Cetrion's Amulet, doesn't look so, yet again, Shinnok's Amulet has a different design in the Krypt. It has some metallic design, but the tendrils spawned...hmm. Interesting. Really looks something from Netherrealm influence, still, Cetrion's last appearance is more related to molten stuff.

(It seems the leaker is not debunked so far, on the contrary...that makes me wonder about the rest)

As much as I love Liu Kang, I'm excited to see the OG Raiden leading the armies to the final battle. It's never too much Raiden for me.

I wonder how things will turn out since Kronika having the crown was the major unbalance in her favor in the first scenario. Now that they have it, she can't even kidnap Liu Kang, therefore he's present in Kharon's ship, but there's also no Fire God Liu Kang, keeping his revenant on the battle and Fujin using the crown to burst the gates of the Keep. I hope there will be a good explanation for Fire God's return, since by denying his origin should work the same as killing younger Kano.

Also, since Jacqui and Jax's chapter (the one they will interfere) is 9 and Raiden is 11, I wonder, judging chapter 10 turns out the same, if our Thunder God will come to the conclusion of Kronika's deception. If he doesn't, that could be leverage for Shang Tsung, as he mentioned in the intros, to clash Raiden and Liu Kang.

It seems that could happen, notice Kotal Kahn is in Kharon's ship and Kitana is fighting Shokans, probably considered SIndel's resurrection an act of treason. But to Kotal to be standing, some interference might have occurred in chapter 7, and maybe even on 6, since past Cage looks pretty well despite his condition after the fight club event.

I hope Shang Tsung killing Ermac is the reason for him to be there. He could have only traveled back before Kronika's rewind. Wonder how Fujin and Nightwolf are in this mess.

Last but not least: Revenant Liu Kang is using a new artifact. Here:

View attachment 9987

Looks like another kind of talisman. I wondered if that could be Cetrion's Amulet, doesn't look so, yet again, Shinnok's Amulet has a different design in the Krypt. It has some metallic design, but the tendrils spawned...hmm. Interesting. Really looks something from Netherrealm influence, still, Cetrion's last appearance is more related to molten stuff.

(It seems the leaker is not debunked so far, on the contrary...that makes me wonder about the rest)

Nice find! I really hope this story involves Cetrion as a surviving Elder Goddess and being a protagonist! I hope her story gets developed better and should follow her values of virtue and life rather than a mama's girl of Kronika.

Nice find! I really hope this story involves Cetrion as a surviving Elder Goddess and being a protagonist! I hope her story gets developed better and should follow her values of virtue and life rather than a mama's girl of Kronika.

I think this is possible, surely in the future, but there's the possibility. Liu Kang proved Cetrion was abiding Kronika's will by means other than her own volition.

Also, intros between Raiden and Cetrion leave the question if Shinnok followed his mother's plan by his own will too. I doubt that if he doesn't, that he's a good guy. I hope he isn't :)

He compares Aftermath in that interview to what people refer to as a GOTY edition and XL, which I’ve been saying for a while that Aftermath is the equivalent of XL but nobody fcking listens to me.
I can predict people being pissed off because they built up this fantasy in their head about what “longer support” actually meant, when it could very well =/= more characters.
Same thing happened when the Anniversary of MK11 passed and people were pissed because they built up this fantasy in their heads that NRS would announce something specifically on that date.

Also, he goes on to say that he wants to support it at higher levels and remained vague about whether more support means new characters, features or modes at the moment.
Longer support could also mean regarding balance patches and fixes to the overall meta of the game like breakaways, for example.

Last edited: