Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

The variations are the reason why most / all won’t be added post-launch.
As it is, KP1 (or whatever it’s called for MK11) will have 6 DLC character, with 2 or 3 of those being guests, and another 6 characters if they do a 2nd pack, which would be 12 post-launch characters.

It's not even variations. As Derek said, it takes at least one month for them to build a character.

It's not even variations. As Derek said, it takes at least one month for them to build a character.

Well variations influence the development time. Also they have a team of people going through designs for one char, so they keep changing the looks which also takes time, then also gear stuff for the said char and boom. A month.

Ironically a team takes a longer time to make a character than one person. In most cases. I remember some devs coming from studios like Crytek, EA Phenomic, etc and they would tell us how slower they became once they became part of the team.

You make a design, you send it for review, if it gets accepted by team leader, it goes higher. Usually it goes through like 3 people. If one of them says no, you have to redo it. And you repeat the process.

Hence why outfits look so boring for me. I can smell from a mile away that artists played super safe or their superiors were standing behind their back, making sure that Skarlet gets dressed in Burka.

Hence why outfits look so boring for me. I can smell from a mile away that artists played super safe or their superiors were standing behind their back, making sure that Skarlet gets dressed in Burka.

This is exactly what happened in Injustice 2
. Like I mentioned before, even the Senior artist has no say in what goes through. They're obviously pressured and castrated. Which is funny because the guys can wear anything ranging from V-Necks down to their crotch, or just their underwear, while also sporting such sculpted bodies that would even make Arnold blush and shy away! :lol: "Realism" my ass.

Oh well. I'm just here for the ride when it comes to this. It's not like I'm going to play as these characters anyways. And if I'll be bothered by someone's ugly mug, Dr. Baraka has the answer to this now. :laughing:

I think Sonya looks fantastic, especially in her gym costume. I'm so surprised they made that one of her early skins. I'm just glad they're branching out from strictly military gear for her. She looks especially good in her Kiss of Death win pose.

Skarlet is something else though. Her fat basketball head, wide eyes and haircut that looks like the base model in a character creation mode look all kinds of bad.

I'm hoping she gets the Aquaman treatment. The on the left is reveal footage, the one on the right is launch footage

1Fvi4CH_d.jpg
[MENTION=10945]YungQ94[/MENTION] said it best with "He went from Aquaman to AquaDAMN" :laugh:

I dunno. Sonya in her gym attire looks pretty bad. She has no curves whatsoever, and I'd expect for someone who does hand-to-hand combat to have at least some muscle tone. I've seen complete beginners at my gym look better than her.

This is exactly what happened in Injustice 2
. Like I mentioned before, even the Senior artist has no say in what goes through. They're obviously pressured and castrated. Which is funny because the guys can wear anything ranging from V-Necks down to their crotch, or just their underwear, while also sporting such sculpted bodies that would even make Arnold blush and shy away! :lol: "Realism" my ass.

Oh well. I'm just here for the ride when it comes to this. It's not like I'm going to play as these characters anyways. And if I'll be bothered by someone's ugly mug, Dr. Baraka has the answer to this now. :laughing:

Which is a shame really. I don't need bikini girls or someone wearing a thong with high heels, but taking away exotic atmosphere from characters, so they would look like something what Christopher Nolan or Snyder would do? Hell no.

The moment I saw Skarlet (even before her face reveal), I thought I was looking at Red Lantern Guest Character. Modern Shoulder pads, goggles, leather body suit that screams super villain. Meh. Shao Kahn's creation my ass.

I dunno. Sonya in her gym attire looks pretty bad. She has no curves whatsoever, and I'd expect for someone who does hand-to-hand combat to have at least some muscle tone. I've seen complete beginners at my gym look better than her.

You dare to ask for muscles on a female body? Heresy! They need to look "realistic", use their women power and not look prettier than real world females, otherwise it is a sexual objectification! Now leave me, as I need to read Cosmopolitan and compare men bulges in underwear.

Hey I'd go for bikini girls because it's what MK always had. What they need is balance, not to make the women look butt ugly and then call it "realism". Which is actually really sexist, something they don't realize :lol: By the way, Skarlet has high heels now too. I suppose that makes you hate her even more hahah

You dare to ask for muscles on a female body? Heresy! They need to look "realistic", use their women power and not look prettier than real world females, otherwise it is a sexual objectification!

That's why I think MK9 Jade was perfection. Curvy, had muscle, loooong hair and that sassy character. God damn they won't top it here for sure! Expecting them to go full Whoopi Goldberg.

Last edited:
Hey I'd go for bikini girls because it's what MK always had. What they need is balance, not to make the women look butt ugly and then call it "realism". Which is actually really sexist, something they don't realize :lol: By the way, Skarlet has high heels now too. I suppose that makes you hate her even more hahah

Don't even remind me. I actually was kinda liking the alternative costume (without headwear), but then looked down... sigh. GOD. DAMMIT.

She also has that "lemme speak with your manager" haircut ;)

Eh haircut wouldn't be a problem, if it was anyone else. Short puffy hair to someone that deals in blood? Yeah, nah. These two elements don't merge. Blood is heavy and slick. If she is supposed to have short hair, fine. But make it straight. Simplicity of her face doesn't help either... nothing to indicate she is a creation of Blood Magik. Instead she looks like random X-men mutant with blood powers.

Eh haircut wouldn't be a problem, if it was anyone else. Short puffy hair to someone that deals in blood? Yeah, nah. These two elements don't merge. Blood is heavy and slick. If she is supposed to have short hair, fine. But make it straight. Simplicity of her face doesn't help either... nothing to indicate she is a creation of Blood Magik. Instead she looks like random X-men mutant with blood powers.

Perhaps she can speak to a manager at NRS about it....:lol: I thought her MK9 haircut was good.

Perhaps she can speak to a manager at NRS about it....:lol: I thought her MK9 haircut was good.

They should have expanded on that haircut. Should have given some elements to the face too. Add... SOMETHING. She is supposed to be from Outworld too, so she should be designed that way. Instead she looks like pure Earthrealmer.

Something in this direction maybe. This might be biased though, as I create stuff according to my personal tastes.
Skarlet.jpg
Skarlet 2.jpg

I can bet that her different concept arts also included safe, generic haircuts.

I'm just happy that Skarlet is in the game, I'm sure you can change her hair in the actual game, I'm sure not all modification options are in that beta they showed.

If it was just the hair, I wouldn't have an issue. Her entire design is just wrong. But again. Just my personal tastes. If other people dig that, then I am happy for them.

Perhaps hair physics could be a reason why Sindel won’t make the cut.
I mean, if the hair physics look weird in MK11 then it’ll really show when Sindel does her hair grab move.

I don't get this sindel hair issue. Her hair moves weren't bad in mk9

It was pretty bad.
Any of the characters in MK9 who had long hair looked like they had extensions / wearing a weave. :laugh:
MKII Kitana & Mileena, Sindel.
The physics just looked horrendous.

Perhaps hair physics could be a reason why Sindel won’t make the cut.
I mean, if the hair physics look weird in MK11 then it’ll really show when Sindel does her hair grab move.

We've seen Liu kang already and he has long hair. Hair physics were done in MK9 already, and for the most of the part, functioned well enough. Technology is so far ahead now that there's nothing limiting NRS from doing any kind of hair. This is intented design, not a technological limitation.