Mortal Kombat 1 General Discussion Media Thread

Yeah.... these are just.....a new low.....

I've made this Classic costume from scratch for my Reptile model a year ago:

01-copy.png

Then I look at what NRS produces and... Really dunno how they keep doing it....

Oh yeah if toxicity is your concern, check out Tekken8. I play QM here and there, and barely meet any toxic players....with crossplay....

Tekken 8 definitely has toxic players. I have a collection of hate mail to prove it. It's not as bad as NRS games tho so I do agree with that.

It's sickening how far Tekken 8 is ahead of MK1. Even practice mode is light years better. MK1 has the more compelling story but outside of that, T8 crushes MK1 in every category.

I dunno, maybe it's different on consoles. My Steam profile is also private.

There's ONE thing that MK1 is ahead of Tekken8..... and that's apparently having every fight, not just Raiden, moving before the round begins!

Your characters can move now before announcer says "FIGHT!!!!" in MK1.

That's apparently after NRS tried to fix Raiden from doing it.

WB: Sure, lets double-down on the stupid live-service shit that's failing miserably for games like Suicide Squad and MK1...........

Goodness fucking gracious, Zaslav and J.B. Perrette can both go fuck themselves in the ass hole with a cactus.
I'm done with all WB published games.

Tots and pears for NRS.

pears and tots.jpg

Since the last patch.
There are a handful of characters that can't do it, but some of the YouTube click farmers were going over that issue now, not long ago.
They were specifically showing how Sub-Zero can go instantly into D+1 and get a hit in right before the announcer finishes saying "Fight!"

WB: Sure, lets double-down on the stupid live-service shit that's failing miserably for games like Suicide Squad and MK1...........

Goodness fucking gracious, Zaslav and J.B. Perrette can both go fuck themselves in the ass hole with a cactus.
I'm done with all WB published games.

Tots and pears for NRS.

View attachment 51273
As much as I agree with you that GAAS need to be thrown into a wood chipper, Unfortunately games like Helldivers 2 are all the rage right now while Suicde squad failed. Sony just bought the Helldivers developer Arrowhead and it's obviously going to be a huge focus for them going forward. WB obviously want a slice of that success but it's a huge gamble. Only a small number of those live service games ever achieve that kind of success. It's a race to the bottom for most big AAA publishers but when one does gain enough traction it makes billions. WB are obviously desperate for a huge return to offset the debt they accumulated so it really no surprise to see them double down even if it bankrupts them.

Last edited:
WB are obviously desperate for a huge return to offset the debt they accumulated so it really no surprise to see them double down even if it bankrupts them.
Welp, then I hope that that's the death of WB and that NRS gets sold off to a better publisher.
Fuck WB.

Also, to play devil's advocate for a second with regard to WB publishing, they also sold a Harry Potter game (a SP experience with no additional needed DLC) that made BANK for WB, but this is the shit they're focusing.
A lifetime of 24 million units and $1 BILLION as of December 2023 for Harry Potter.
WB is missing the forest for the trees, and MK1 was sure as hell rushed out and lacking in content (another thing that Helldivers II doesn't lack).
Plus, with regard to Helldivers II, it's also a $40 game set at a good price and is a FUN experience according to many and is again a COMPLETE game.

A lifetime of 24 million units and $1 BILLION as of December 2023 for Harry Potter.
Which is peanuts compared to their debt and operating costs. Even if $1 Billion is correct, it is just turnover, not net profit. Subsctract all the overheads from that $1 Billion like development, managers buying a yacht, marketing and the number is much less. It's like when the morons yell about MK11 sales.............."DURR 11 MILLIONS x $69.99 means Ed Boon made $759 MILLION OMG OMG OMG!!1111"

Long story short.......................................Considering the Reach Around position WokeBros is in, a game like Hogwarts is just a drop in the bucket. They'd need to be pumping games like that on a yearly basis to make a dent. I don't see why people are surprised at them going full MTX.... the writing was pissed on the wall, and MK1 just proves that they can release a rushed, overhyped, buggy and boring Injustice reskin, but as long as they put some Pedowood celebrities in, Eddy's hard-on for Capeshit and $10 skins.... People WILL buy it. Minimum effort, maximum returns.

Welp, then I hope that that's the death of WB and that NRS gets sold off to a better publisher.
Fuck WB.

Also, to play devil's advocate for a second with regard to WB publishing, they also sold a Harry Potter game (a SP experience with no additional needed DLC) that made BANK for WB, but this is the shit they're focusing.
WB is missing the forest for the trees, and MK1 was sure as hell rushed out and lacking in content (another thing that Helldivers II doesn't lack).
Plus, with regard to Helldivers II, it's also a $40 game set at a good price and is a FUN experience according to many and is again a COMPLETE game.
Sony has been working with the Helldivers 2 developer Arrowhead as a publisher for years now. We're now seeing the fruits of that labor something WB will never do. That's why most of their games turn out half baked even with a AAA budget. Hogwarts Legacy was the only exception to that rule but I'm willing to bet that the next game will be a GAAS glitchy MTX mess The funny thing is when it too fails WB will be like ''Whaaaa I thought you people loved Harry Potter!''

Hogwarts Legacy was the only exception to that rule but I'm willing to bet that the next game will be a GAAS glitchy MTX mess The funny thing is when it too fails WB will be like ''Whaaaa I thought you people loved Harry Potter!''
Yeah, when all else fails, blame the consumer.
Sounds about right :rolleyes:

Man, I just tried the free weekend for MK1......

It is NOT a good game... MS Sam Text to Speech and display issues as soon as I launched, I ignored that and went straight to practice with Reptile.... since you know, this game is just like MK9, the gameplay is so good etc....

- You can combo from pokes (?????)
- The jump speed makes you feel like you're on the moon
- Combos are like f2,3, dash, f2, 3, dash, f2, 3 dash....mixed with random b3,1+forceball as a starter.....That there, that braindead shit, is 35%+
- Even with block dashing, the movement is slow
- Character depth of a piss puddle

But the worst part about it....the controls...I cannot believe they made it worse than MK9, while nerfing the speed of the game to snails' pace....

When you do a forceball and NJP in the air...if you press 2,2 for instance, while in the air, and the 2 connects.....when you land, Reptile automatically does a standing 2, even though you didn't press it......???

And the cherry on top...the crown jewel.....this is something that exists in MK9 too, and I first thought it's some sort of an oversight.... If you press 1,3 or 3,4 "too fast".... you'll do a throw or a stance switch... You cannot unbind it anywhere. :ROFLMAO: This is with short input window and negative edge off.....

Last edited:
Is anyone alive here? :(
Yeah, but not much going on as far as MK1 discussion goes:

- Kameo Janet came out and she's ok (been using her with Li Mei) and could help out some of the low damage characters like Sub-Zero more, but with Li Mei I like her Ninja Mime move, Stunt Double stance and kameo Nut Punch.

- Characters like Omni-Man, Peacemaker and Homelander I could give less than 2 flying shits about (Hooray for un-purchased DLC not showing up in my SP game modes, unlike MK11......so that's a plus for me).

- Invasions is the same boring shit and I don't care for Mileena, so I'm really just completing some of these Mesas to get the next kameo up to level 15, but I don't give a shit to finish the Invasion Boss fight this time around.

- There's a Titan Li Mei battle up (Yay!), so I mei (yes, it's a bad pun) end up doing that because I like the Titan skin for her and she's 1 of my mains.

Aside from that, not much that's really exciting about this game, and that's sad.
There was an 11GB patch that really didn't do shit, either.

I've been cooking with Janet. It's crazy to me that people say this game has no depth. Just because some characters are simple doesn't mean they all are.