MKX DLC - Is it enough? (DLC/Costume Spoilers)

Actually the 25th anniversary is why I think NRS will make a game. It would be weird if they didn't. At least just a rerelease or something.
They'll do something, but an anniversary is not really a big enough deal to be a deciding factor in what WB wants NRS to do next, IMO.

Ppl are calling MKX DLCs a "New low for DLC cash ins"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1015162

And i kinda agree, it's actually sad.
I don't get it. What's wrong with advertising a product? The Kombat Pack is as important to NRS and WB as the main game.

It's not like it's on-disc. They're working on it after the game has gone gold (a couple weeks ago), which the OP in your thread seemingly doesn't understand.

DLC sucks, but there's nothing particularly bad about how NRS is going about it.

Ppl are calling MKX DLCs a "New low for DLC cash ins"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1015162

And i kinda agree, it's actually sad.

I don't understand what's so sad about it. Sad that they possibly wanted to control recent leaks? Sad that they wanted to show fans what they are getting before they blindly buy the kombat pass? We know there's no on disk DLC besides Goro because of Ed Boon's recent tweets so that's not an issue either.

No it's enough imo. £25 for 4 characters and a few skins is just a joke imo. I mean how long are are you actually going to play with the new characters for? You'd put no more than 5-6 hours into the pack, and £25 for a few hours is silly.

I mean compare that to a game like Resogun (brilliant). I bought the season pass for £6.50, and combine that with a free update, I've since put over 20 hours into the game. £6.50 for over 20 hours and I've still got more to do. So yes, £25 is a joke imo.

For £25 I'd expect new story chapters, 8-9 new characters at least , a new mode or two (chess/puzzle/motor), and more living towers/challenge towers missions. Maybe even throw MK9's story into it for people who want to relive that great story mode. Some say it's a lot of content, but you're paying £25 for it, you expect to get value for money.

Plus there will be more DLCs beside this Kombat Pack i am sure.

No it's enough imo. £25 for 4 characters and a few skins is just a joke imo. I mean how long are are you actually going to play with the new characters for? You'd put no more than 5-6 hours into the pack, and £25 for a few hours is silly.
It's priced the same way as MK9 and Injustice. $5 per character, $3 per skin pack. It's successful for them and it's not gonna change. Vote with your wallet if you don't support it.

I think second DLC pack will be welcomed addition for the fans and welcomed money for NRS, it is easier to make additional characters for the already existed game and make money from it, so if they are not fools, they will make it a reality.

As far as what should be in it, i think the following guys can make it:
Noob Saibot
Smoke
Cyrax
Havik
Reiko
Fujin
Spawn (probably will be saved for MK11)

All of them have high enough demand to appear.

Personaly, if i had control over it, i will release this as second Kombat Pack:
Playable characters:
- Noob-Smoke (variation 1 - Noob-Smoke, variation 2 - Smoke alone with more his own moves, variation 3 - Noob-Saibot alone with more his own moves)
- Cyrax
- Fujin
- Havik
- classic skins: classic costumes for male ninjas, female ninjas, cyborgs (Cyrax & Smoke)
- classic arenas:
-The portal (MKD version)
- The Courtyard (MK9)
- The Subway (MK9)
- Goro's Lair (MK9)

I guess if this pack was indeed released, the wait for MK11 will be much easier.

Y'know, im pretty sure the high price is because of the guest characters.

Jason is owned by Paramount and The Predator by Fox.

Goro is on disc (DLC) confirmed by Ed Boon?
Goro is on-disc DLC, yes. Boon doesn't need to say anything. It's as simple as adding two and two together.

That's the only on-disc DLC, though. And it's free if you pre-order. The Samurai Pack may be on-disc, but that's debatable.

I don't see how DLC being announced the game is a bad thing? The game is already finished and it also let people know what they are buying before they get the Kombat Pass. I remember with MK9, we had to wait to see on who get before the game is out for the season pass.

We've seen screenshots of Goro on the arcade mode towers, and he's likely present in story mode as well. This means he's in the game regardless, but if you buy him/have the pre-order code you can unlock him on the main roster.

The other guys are proper post-launch DLC.

With Tremor and Tanya, it is safe to say that any players in the story mode will not be future DLC...since they already worked on those characters to be NPC, it would be weird if they upgraded them to be playable. Also Kung Jin has the exact same helmet as Havik, so that decreases his chances imo. So far, I think these are out for future DLC: Baraka, Smoke, Sindel, Kabal, Nightwolf, Stryker, Rain, Fujin & Havik.

So now that MKX has gone gold, and we're getting a lot of information about DLC and such, do you guys feel like it's an adequate amount of DLC?

I think it's adequate enough.

That said, though, I'm crossing my fingers for Fujin either as 1 of the 2 unlockables, or if he's not an unlockable then maybe if we do get more post-Kombat Pack DLC characters.
If Fujin isn't in, it's no sweat off of my brow, though.
I'm pretty sure that 1 of the 8 new characters, Tanya, Tremor, Predator or Jason will fill that Fujin-less void (for me), if that ends up being the case.
I just have a feeling / hope that Fujin will be in, some how, though.

With Tremor and Tanya, it is safe to say that any players in the story mode will not be future DLC...since they already worked on those characters to be NPC, it would be weird if they upgraded them to be playable. Also Kung Jin has the exact same helmet as Havik, so that decreases his chances imo. So far, I think these are out for future DLC: Baraka, Smoke, Sindel, Kabal, Nightwolf, Stryker, Rain, Fujin & Havik.

I don't see how that confirms anything, aside from NRS caving in to the demands of the fans, which may not be such a bad thing.
I don't see, either, how Fujin (or the other characters that you mentioned, for that matter) is automatically out for DLC.
Sure, Fujin's probably not on the main roster, but completely out?
I'm pretty sure that if there's enough demand for those characters, then NRS may consider putting some of them in.
Remember, Injustice had 6 DLC characters.

Did you ever notice all of the Tremor, Jason and Predator Tweets, leading up to their reveal?
I don't buy that as mere coincidence that those 3 are in.
Unlike MK9 and Injustice, it does seem like NRS is listening to the fans more, this time around, as far as DLC goes.

Last edited:
- Noob-Smoke (variation 1 - Noob-Smoke, variation 2 - Smoke alone with more his own moves, variation 3 - Noob-Saibot alone with more his own moves)

Oh no man, this would be horrendous, I love both characters but I prefer to have only one of them rather than the 2 mashed together in some lame tag team shit.

I even prefer them not to be released than having that.

Oh no man, this would be horrendous, I love both characters but I prefer to have only one of them rather than the 2 mashed together in some lame tag team shit.

I even prefer them not to be released than having that.

Also, how would the universal moves work for something like that?
Would Noob have universal Smoke moves in that "Noob" variation, or vice versa?

Kombat Pass 2 - Fall 2015 - Early 2016 -

Features:

*NEW* Tournament Mode

*NEW* Spectator Mode

8 new DLC characters and new skins!

Horror Pack #2: October 2015
Playable character: Freddy Kruger and Michael Myers
Skins: Zombie Lui Kang , Chucky Ferrar/Torr and Ghostface Scorpion

Klassic Pack #3: December 2015
Playable character: Havik and Smoke
Klassic skins for Scorpion, Ermac and Reptile

Villainous Pack #1: Early 2016
Playable character: Baraka and Reiko
Villain skins for Shinnok , Kano and Reptile

Super Hero Pack #1: Early 2016
Playable character: Spawn and Deadpool
Skins: Superman Cage, The Green Fujin, Captain America Jax

Kombat Pass 2 - Fall 2015 - Early 2016 -

Features:

*NEW* Tournament Mode

*NEW* Spectator Mode

8 new DLC characters and new skins!

Horror Pack #2: October 2015
Playable character: Freddy Kruger and Michael Myers
Skins: Zombie Lui Kang , Chucky Ferrar/Torr and Ghostface Scorpion

Klassic Pack #3: December 2015
Playable character: Havik and Smoke
Klassic skins for Scorpion, Ermac and Reptile

Villainous Pack #1: Early 2016
Playable character: Baraka and Reiko
Villain skins for Shinnok , Kano and Reptile

Super Hero Pack #1: Early 2016
Playable character: Spawn and Deadpool
Skins: Superman Cage, The Green Fujin, Captain America Jax

Thankfully, none of this will ever happen.