MK movie update/MK Legacy discussion

Does it really matter if she's well endowed or not? She looks like the character. If someone can teach her to fight or if she already knows then that should be enough, right?

If I had to choose from relatively seasoned martial arts actresses I'd use

Katheryn Winnick as Sonya Blade

Yifei Liu as Kitana

Bernice Liu as Mileena

Francois Yip as Sindel

nah I like my selection better. wow! Katheryn winnick and Scarlett J could almost be sisters!! Buuuuut, personally I have to go with Scarlett. she's been awesome in the Marvel movies proving she has the looks and the moves!

I would actually juxtapose Kelly Hu and Li Bingbing.

Kelly Hu played an awesome badgirl in X-2 in the form of Lady Death Strike. And she's beautiful

Li Bingbing has been a favorite of mine since she played the yi hing witch The Forbidden Kingdom and she's beautiful to boot. She's my Kitana.

Maggie Chung stays as my Sindel though. She's beautiful and has that regal essence about her. In "Hero" she was amazing! and carried an air of grace and beauty with her. She would play a great Sindel in my mind.

Nope my list is better!!!

Does it really matter if she's well endowed or not? She looks like the character. If someone can teach her to fight or if she already knows then that should be enough, right?

That's what HW does anyway.

Personally like I said, Gal Gadot is Kitana(just add some boobs), either Zoe Sal or Dania Rami is Jade, Stacey Dash is Tanya, Melinda Clarke as Sindel, Kayden Kross as Sonya Blade(I seen that piece o woman in some aviators and military gear and immediately I thought; DEAD RINGER for Sonya! plus she has tits(Fake but nice ones might I add :D and ass! :) fuk her livelihood, the girl looks like Sonya in the right gear!

Like you said, teach these girls some acting skills and some kombat moves and we got our Live Action MK Ladies!

nah I like my selection better. wow! Katheryn winnick and Scarlett J could almost be sisters!! Buuuuut, personally I have to go with Scarlett. she's been awesome in the Marvel movies proving she has the looks and the moves!

I would actually juxtapose Kelly Hu and Li Bingbing.

Kelly Hu played an awesome badgirl in X-2 in the form of Lady Death Strike. And she's beautiful

Li Bingbing has been a favorite of mine since she played the yi hing witch The Forbidden Kingdom and she's beautiful to boot. She's my Kitana.

Maggie Chung stays as my Sindel though. She's beautiful and has that regal essence about her. In "Hero" she was amazing! and carried an air of grace and beauty with her. She would play a great Sindel in my mind.

Nope my list is better!!!

Well to me, using a face as familiar as ScarJo just doesnt feel right with MK. Katheryn Winnick is a great actress, great martial artist....and she even use to be a bodyguard.

Katheryn Winnick's acting on Bones, Vikings, Tipping Point, and even episodes of House and CSI show she has a great range of talent and should be in an MK movie.

Well to me, using a face as familiar as ScarJo just doesnt feel right with MK. Katheryn Winnick is a great actress, great martial artist....and she even use to be a bodyguard.

Katheryn Winnick's acting on Bones, Vikings, Tipping Point, and even episodes of House and CSI show she has a great range of talent and should be in an MK movie.

really? send a link please. I like being proven wrong every now and again.

If I had to choose from relatively seasoned martial arts actresses I'd use

Katheryn Winnick as Sonya Blade

Yifei Liu as Kitana

Bernice Liu as Mileena

Francois Yip as Sindel

Agreed!

Yip has that voice!!!

Bernice has that feistiness!!!

But Sam Jo as Kitana still and add Kelly Hu as Jade. Also, if Ali Larter is Sonya, it'll be like Bridgette Wilson in MK again. ;)

Yifei looks A LOT like Pai Chan from Virtua Fighter btw.

Last edited:
really? send a link please. I like being proven wrong every now and again.

Katheryn Winnick's martial arts reel: http://youtu.be/DNsKGUgGqqw

This doesnt do her acting justice as much as the TV shows I mentioned...or Tipping Point.

Just watch Vikings on the History Channel to see how good she is. She adds alot more credibility to the whole "female bad ass" shtick than several actresses currently do but that's because she IS a badass considering she use to be a bodyguard.

Last edited:
Agreed!

Yip has that voice!!!

Bernice has that feistiness!!!

But Sam Jo as Kitana still and add Kelly Hu as Jade. Also, if Ali Larter is Sonya, it'll be like Bridgette Wilson in MK again. ;)

Yifei looks A LOT like Pai Chan from Virtua Fighter btw.

Agreed on Ali Larter as Sonya..which is why I'm in support of women like Katheryn Winnick getting the part. I also like Sam Jo as Kitana and since she continues to take acting classes(she revealed that in an interview during the release of MKL2), I only seeing her growing in the role even more.

Katheryn Winnick should be Sonya. Anyone else wants the job, they should have to beat her in a real life fight

Liu Kang - Shin Kodayama: I didn't like Brian Tee playing him. He's got no shaolin skills.

Kung Lao - Mike Moh: I like for Mark Dacascos to play Raiden instead.

Rain & Kenshi - Johnny Bosch & Dan Southworth: Two Power Rangers. Two martial arts actors deserve to be these characters.

Johnny Cage: Either Matt Mullins or Casper Van Diem. I don't see much martial arts experience on Casper.

Katheryn Winnick's martial arts reel: http://youtu.be/DNsKGUgGqqw

This doesnt do her acting justice as much as the TV shows I mentioned...or Tipping Point.

Just watch Vikings on the History Channel to see how good she is. She adds alot more credibility to the whole "female bad ass" shtick than several actresses currently do but that's because she IS a badass considering she use to be a bodyguard.

Ok yeah I see your point. she would be an awesome sonya! and damn is she fine!!!! yuo I have been proven wrong and i'm glad

Liu Kang - Shin Kodayama: I didn't like Brian Tee playing him. He's got no shaolin skills.

Rain & Kenshi - Johnny Bosch & Dan Southworth: Two Power Rangers. Two martial arts actors deserve to be these characters.

Johnny Cage: Either Matt Mullins or Casper Van Diem. I don't see much martial arts experience on Casper.

Gonna have to say no to this. ,ark decoscos did the best job in mksl2 if u ask me. he played a great kung lao ( se what i did there)

the guy they have playing kenshi right now is doing a good job I wouldn't mind seeing him play kenshi in the movie. i personally dont like rain but I've watched all of the power ranger series and was not impressed by any of them. but i think the actor "rain" should play him. ya know the guy from ninja assassin.

the guy they have playing kenshi right now is doing a good job I wouldn't mind seeing him play kenshi in the movie.

Same here.
I thought he did a great job as Kenshi, even in how he telekinetically used the sword to kill off Ermac. :)

Okay Shin as Liu, I guess...if we are taking Liu's OG backstory as a monk, if they decide to do more with this 'neutral/bad liu kang' i might suggest someone else.

Kung Lao- Ideally, Id get the guy who played 'seraph' from the matrix to play Kung Lao or Donnie yen(if only he were a tad bit younger). I saw a fight with him and Robin shou(movie liu kang) in some film. It was cool. And BOTH know MA.

Johnny Cage - easy one; Chris Evans.

Kenshi - Keanu Reeves, duh... Eric, uh I mean Dan has shown promise too but I just feel he needed his Quantum Morpher when he fought that monster in L2... ;)

Rain - prince-image-1-92582190-234120.jpg
Look hard enough and he almost looks like he's levitating a ball of water... Perfect guy for the part! ;)