Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does give a shit.
Scorpion and Bi-Han's rivalry in Mythologies (which you love to shove in everyone's face), MK1 and MK9, proves otherwise.
I mean I don't think he gives a shit if it's Bi-Han or not. I think he hates every blue cryomancer ninja in totality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Wrong, sir.
His anger towards Kuai-Liang is misplaced due to still being mad at Bi-Han
then how come the main menu shows scorpion uppercutting Kuai, the E3 cinematic trailer scorpion killing Kuai, the mortal kombat shadows trailer shows scorpion killing Kuai, and the kratos trailer shows scorpion ALMOST killing Kuai if scorpion doesn't hate Kuai. note: i said "Kuai" 5 times.

then how come the main menu shows scorpion uppercutting Kuai, the E3 cinematic trailer scorpion killing Kuai, the mortal kombat shadows trailer shows scorpion killing Kuai, and the kratos trailer shows scorpion ALMOST killing Kuai if scorpion doesn't hate Kuai. note: i said "Kuai" 5 times.

Probably because those were all gameplay demonstrations/aesthetic choices that have nothing to do with story, and people like to see Scorpion vs. Sub Zero. It's the same reason every Street Fighter promotional art will show Ryu fighting Ken even though they aren't enemies, it's just marketing and advertising.

Probably because those were all gameplay demonstrations/aesthetic choices that have nothing to do with story, and people like to see Scorpion vs. Sub Zero. It's the same reason every Street Fighter promotional art will show Ryu fighting Ken even though they aren't enemies, it's just marketing and advertising.
WOW I SAID TO MYSELF WHILE I WAS TPEING THAT: someones gonna reply saying: erm yu no thts cuz trilers arnt canon

Last edited:

Not only that, but Kuai's costume was probably originally meant to be Bi-Han's costume when they first were making MK9, and they changed it up later.
It would also clearly explain why the costume also shows up in the cut-scene where Quan Chi shows Scorpion what is supposed to be Bi-Han killing Scorpion's family, despite the fact that Kuai didn't put on the "new" costume until AFTER his brother's death.

@Araknyd

I'm not cherrypicking to my arguments. You sure do though. A LOT. Like when you talk about not wanting to repeat the same old shit from the old timeline, but you are completely fine with giving Bi-Han Scorpion and Kuai's stories combined.

And No Noob is not Quan's slave. Raiden spoke to Scorpion in the manner he did because Scorpion listened to Quan and not Raiden. You could say Earthrealm'a fighters are slave's as well because they were blindly following Raiden's shit even though he looked crazy as hell.

Also, Quan Chi told Scorpion Bi-Han murdered his family during the Mk1-3 portion of the original timeline as well. It may not have been on screen, but it can be assumed. Possibly even sometime in the mythologies timeline. The thing is though the Sub-Zero in Scorpion's vision WAS wearing Kuai's gear. So, Quan could say it was indeed Kuai Liang who murdered your family. I really don't think that was just coincidence. Quan was saying Sub-Zero murdered his family, but not which one exactly.

@Araknyd

I'm not cherrypicking to my arguments. You sure do though. A LOT. Like when you talk about not wanting to repeat the same old shit from the old timeline, but you are completely fine with giving Bi-Han Scorpion and Kuai's stories combined.

And No Noob is not Quan's slave. Raiden spoke to Scorpion in the manner he did because Scorpion listened to Quan and not Raiden. You could say Earthrealm'a fighters are slave's as well because they were blindly following Raiden's shit even though he looked crazy as hell.

Also, Quan Chi told Scorpion Bi-Han murdered his family during the Mk1-3 portion of the original timeline as well. It may not have been on screen, but it can be assumed. Possibly even sometime in the mythologies timeline. The thing is though the Sub-Zero in Scorpion's vision WAS wearing Kuai's gear. So, Quan could say it was indeed Kuai Liang who murdered your family. I really don't think that was just coincidence. Quan was saying Sub-Zero murdered his family, but not which one exactly.

Wrong.
I've said MANY times that I want Sub-Zero to be Bi-Han, to bury the hatchet with Scorpion, and to finally see him atone for his sins as Sub-Zero, which he has never done before.
You'd know that if you read any of my previous replies.
The Soulnado theory that I've thrown out is just a possibility for him still being alive (which you think is a shit theory, I know).
I've also said before here and in other threads that I'd be 100% OK if this was a new Sub-Zero, which you conveniently chose to ignore.

He is Quan Chi's slave.
Raiden spoke to Scorpion the way that he did because he is Quan Chi's slave.
You need further proof.
Go watch human Kuai-Liang's story part in MK9, where Quan Chi summons Scorpion, much like a master summons a slave.
Notice how Raiden doesn't summon the EarthRealm warriors, but rather ASKS them for help.
He doesn't FORCE anyone to help him via coercion.

It was in Kuai-'s gear before the gear was made?
Hmm.... So Kuai jumped into a Delorean Time Machine and killed Scorpion's family?
Gotcha.
Quan Chi was specifically alluding to Bi-Han killing his family, given that Bi-Han is his sworn enemy, since day 1 and the person who Scorpion just fought.
Go watch Scorpion's Chapter again.
It's clearly 100% alluding to Bi-Han.

Last edited:
The Sub-Zero in Quan Chi's vision to Scorpion is Bi Han.

How could that be Kuai Liang's gear when he didn't become Sub-Zero until after his brother dies? Both he and Smoke acknowledge that he is assuming Bi Han's identity at the beginning of Smoke's chapter.

It's also hard to say if Scorpion is a slave or not. If he was, Quan Chi would be able to control him. But we've seen before that Scorpion is fully capable of attacking him at any point. On the other hand, why was Scorpion still helping Quan Chi even after he killed Sub-Zero in Raiden's chapter?

I think Scorpion acts in a deal. Quan Chi didn't ressurect him, but when Scorpion was back as a wraith, he became someone of his trust (because of the lie about Bi-Han). Then the ninja may have accepted him as his superior, due his knowledge, and Scorpion became his enforcer.

Well, NRS made Scorpion Quan Chi's housemaid, I think this relation was poorly explained and reduced a bit the character.

About Noob, he also seems to be an enforcer. Different from Scorpion, because Bi-Han was ressurected and "perfected" by Quan Chi, Noob has an hierarchy obedience with the sorcerer (also because of the Brotherhood). He is Noob's master, but Noob is not his slave, but inferior on hierarchy, and Scorpion is his enforcer.

Of course Noob has greater plans, specially when the BOShadows crumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.