Let's discuss possible SubZero storylines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help but feel it's Bi han. And I hope to all it is! But I can see variants being different characters. I think Ermac/Kenshi Reptile/Charmill might get this treatment. It'd be pretty lame to kill off Sub's +20 year history. OG deserves his shine, not to mention it'd completely refresh the Scorpion rivalry since they have a legit grudge. We need the evil-out for himself Sub. More interesting.

Everything about this one's personality just rings bad guy.
sorry but i dont think so.... www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDY0n- www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wkXxActB4w

what how does the mk9 sz alt. Mask resemble the mkx mask wtf are you blind sir? It looks nothing like mk9 sz alt. Mask what????????? My mind is whattttttt????????? Are you blind like really sir

No, but apparently you are blind.

MK9 Bi-Han mask.jpg

mkx-subzero mask.jpg

Please tell me you are not THAT blind.
Do you really NOT see it?

MK9 Bi-Han mask -highlight.jpg

mkx-subzero mask -highlight.jpg

what video did they say that? lol

Right here.

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/30959-Official-Mortal-Kombat-X-Media-Thread/page80 Post #1589

I also got to hear what Raiden and Sub Zero were saying to each other (the "protector" dialogue) ..

Raiden: "I am their protector, not you!"
Sub-Zero: "They need a better protector!"
-- FIGHT!
No joke. That's it lol. But from the sounds of it, @Araknyd_Commander is right about Sub Zero being the Elder Gods champion this time around in the place of Scorpion.

just cause SZ is there champion doesn't meen its Bi-Han ya' know

Actually it does, since Kuai-Liang is dead according to the events of MK9, and his soul is currently under Quan Chi's control.
Chances are very likely that Bi-Han escaped the Soulnado (like Scorpion did) and came back as Sub-Zero, now being the Elder God's Champion.
Much like Scorpion's story, but Sub-Zero instead in MKX.

scorpions soulnado didn't explode also bi-han's dead too sooooooooo yeah
also your just gonna say hes under qun cheeses controll soooo he cant cume bak. but why cant kuai come back also

its Kuai-Liang or Kuai-Liang's / Bi-Han's son/nephew its NOT Bi-Han i know that for a fact ( not actually but i know that everybodys gonna be like: YU DUNT NO THT YUR NOT ED BOON )

scorpions soulnado didn't explode also bi-han's dead too sooooooooo yeah
also your just gonna say hes under qun cheeses controll soooo he cant cume bak. but why cant kuai come back also

The Soulnado exploded AFTER he went through it, not while he was in it.
Go watch it again.
Bi-Han's NOT dead.
Also, all the signs point to this being Bi-Han; the "Shirai Ryu dog!" line VS Scorpion, the Unbreakable variation and Raiden saying "I am their protector, not you!" which implies that Bi-Han is the Elder God's Champion.

I never said that Kuai can't come back at all in MKX, just that THIS MKX Sub-Zero seems more and more like Bi-Han.
Maybe Kuai can be the NEW NetherRealm cyber wraith, Cybot, created by Quan Chi. :laugh: :gr_jest::razz:
^^^ (That's a joke, BTW.)

Last edited:
[MENTION=5028]Araknyd_Commander[/MENTION] where did you see Raiden saying it? Very interesting!

Kuai Liang is far more than a Lin Kuei. He came back to the clan to revitalize it, but his goal was never be trapped. I don't think he fits the rivalry, that's why he pushed his skills to a legendary status.

"Shirai Ryu dog" is something closer to Bi-Han, he has always been a Lin Kuei without question.

Well...maybe we will have a "Pro Cybot" this time.

This new information is interesting.

It still doesn't confirm Bi Han. It could be him, but until we have undeniable proof, I'm not convinced.
So far, there's nothing saying it can't be Kuai Liang or a new comer. The whole 'Kuai is dead and under Quan Chi's control' doesn't mean he couldn't escape that fate. This is fiction. Anything could happen.

I'm leaning towards Bi Han, but it seems like anything could happen here. I'd be fine with either outcome.

[MENTION=5028]Araknyd_Commander[/MENTION] where did you see Raiden saying it? Very interesting!

Got it from [MENTION=4805]Viking_Poodle[/MENTION].

Here (post #1589):

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/30959-Official-Mortal-Kombat-X-Media-Thread/page80

This new information is interesting.

It still doesn't confirm Bi Han. It could be him, but until we have undeniable proof, I'm not convinced.
So far, there's nothing saying it can't be Kuai Liang or a new comer. The whole 'Kuai is dead and under Quan Chi's control' doesn't mean he couldn't escape that fate. This is fiction. Anything could happen.

I'm leaning towards Bi Han, but it seems like anything could happen here. I'd be fine with either outcome.

I'm convinced enough.
The variation of Sub-Zero that Viking_Poodle heard vs Raiden likely IS Bi-Han.
It VERY much supports my theory of Bi-Han surviving the Soulnado and being cleansed in the process, and becoming the Elder God's Champion.

Raiden: "I am their protector, not you!"
Sub-Zero: "They need a better protector!"

^^
Sounds a lot like Raiden is pissed that Sub-Zero is the new protector of EarthRealm.
It's possible that the Elder Gods made Bi-Han their Champion and protector of EarthRealm because they deemed Raiden unworthy of the title "Protector Of EarthRealm."

Got it from [MENTION=4805]Viking_Poodle[/MENTION].

Here (post #1589):

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/30959-Official-Mortal-Kombat-X-Media-Thread/page80

I'm convinced enough.
The variation of Sub-Zero that Viking_Poodle heard vs Raiden likely IS Bi-Han.
It VERY much supports my theory of Bi-Han surviving the Soulnado and being cleansed in the process, and becoming the Elder God's Champion.

^^
Sounds a lot like Raiden is pissed that Sub-Zero is the new protector of EarthRealm.
It's possible that the Elder Gods made Bi-Han their Champion and protector of EarthRealm because they deemed Raiden unworthy of the title "Protector Of EarthRealm."

You can be convinced but we won't know for sure until we know for sure.

I would hate it if each variation was a different Sub-Zero. Atleast in MK9, Bi Han and Kuai had different uniforms.

Yes, I've read that already, it does seem like a possibility.. among others.

In regards to the mask thing... Despite the MKX mask bearing very little resemblance to MK9 Bi Han's mask, you can't dispute that MKX Sub's 'Unbreakable' variation mask is pretty much exactly Kuai's mask but frozen over.
15fro93.png

Still though.. Kuai was in his brother's garb anyhow. So who knows. IMO don't look too far into the mask.

In regards to the mask thing... Despite the MKX mask bearing very little resemblance to MK9 Bi Han's mask, you can't dispute that MKX Sub's 'Unbreakable' variation mask is pretty much exactly Kuai's mask but frozen over.

Still though.. Kuai was in his brother's garb anyhow. So who knows. IMO don't look too far into the mask.

I agree as far as the mask in Unbreakable goes, but the "Cryomancer" and "Grandmaster" masks have more of a Bi-Han look to them, IMO.

You can be convinced but we won't know for sure until we know for sure.

I would hate it if each variation was a different Sub-Zero. Atleast in MK9, Bi Han and Kuai had different uniforms.

Yes, I've read that already, it does seem like a possibility.. among others.

Granted, but my point is that this new evidence leans more toward it being Bi-Han.
Whether it is or not is something that we'll have to wait and see.

If Cassie Cage can have 2 variations which are named as a nod to her parents, I don't see why Sub-Zero can't have 1 variation being a nod to Bi-Han, 1 variation being a nod to Kuai-Liang and 1 variation being MKX Sub-Zero.
Each variation DOES have a unique costume trait to it.
Cryomancer has frozen arms.
Unbreakable has the frozen mask.
Grandmaster has the Dragon Medallion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.