Kreate your own Kombat Pack II

KOMBAT PACK II

Kharacter 1:
Cyrax (half-uncyberized appearance, rescued by Special Forces like in original timeline)

Bomber Variation: specializes in bomb-based maneuvers with traps
Laser Grid Variation: can perform a wider variety of green laser grid maneuvers
Combat Mode Variation: more martial arts-based, might have extra move with buzzsaw and anti-airs

Kharacter 2:
Sindel (more sinister, hellish appearance)

Infused Variation: borrows fireball based moves from Shang Tsung, but all fire is purple, may also have soul steal as homage to him
Deafening Variation: focused on scream-based moves, wider variety
Constrictor Variation: hair-based moves that have tons of well-designed and unique combo set-ups

Kharacter 3:
Fujin (same appearance from story mode)

Wind Charged Variation: martial arts-based variation, with his wind powers propelling his attacks, is faster
Cyclonic Variation: wind projectile focused, has tornado and wind gust attacks, good for long distance
Air Control Variation: brand new style that has Fujin manipulate air pressure to crush opponents' heads

Guest Kharacter:
V from V for Vendetta (more detailed version than movie version)

Decoy Variation: unique powers that call in look-alike decoys to attack/confuse the opponent
Precision Variation: dagger projectile focused, with varying levels of projectiles, good for distance
Phantom Variation: fast version that is speedy and good for close combat, geared towards stabs and slashes

Free Klassic Skins from updates:
MK4 Tanya
MK4 Shinnok
MK1 Johnny Cage
MK1 Goro
Klassic Tremor (if there is a fifth theoretically)

Antiquity Skin Pack:
Roman Chariot-inspired Ferra Tor
Mongolian Warrior-inspired Kung Jin
Mayan Warrior-inspired Kotal Kahn

Overlord Skin Pack:
Queen Bee-inspired D'Vorah (wouldn't literally look like a bee, but have profound queen and profound insect aspects)
Hellraiser-inspired Quan Chi (may not have pins in head, but would wear mostly black leather and have a gothic/Satanic look)
Dark Mage-inspired Ermac (with long black hood, face not showing as much)

Feudal Japan Skin Pack II:
Male Kimono-inspired Takeda
Karate Master-inspired Kenshi (would have a more unique, original look unlike Kobra's generic karate uniform)
Geisha-inspired Kitana

American Frontier Skin Pack:
Future Soldier-inspired Jacqui Briggs (may have futuristic armor similar to ODST or CoD: Future, possibly a helmet)
Modern Cowboy-inspired Erron Black (would wear bandana over mouth, may wear jeans and have spurs on boots)
"That 70's Chick" Cassie Cage (relatively self-explanatory; got the idea from her constant bubble gum chewing haha)

Thoughts?

^^
Going by this format (and going with the whole female, male, male, male DLC of DLC character layout), I guess I'd personally go with:

1) Li Mei - obligatory female character
- Outworld inspired costumes for Erron Black, Ferra / Torr, D'Vorah and Kotal Kahn

2) Fujin - MK4 highly requested character on Twitter
- MK4 themed costumes for Shinnok and 2 (non-"ninja" characters) from that era.

3) Reiko - In the comics and has a decent following
- Deadly Alliance costumes for 3 characters from that era.

4) Spawn - highly requested guest around E3 2014
- Comic book-inspired skins for Takeda, Kung Jin and Jacqui

For the compatibility patch costumes I'd go with a new costume for Cassie, Kenshi DA Klassic, Goro MK1 Klassic and Johnny MK1 Klassic (might as well).

EDIT:
The characters that I listed wouldn't necessarily get released in that order, if it were up to me.

this. It's good because it's plausible.

Impostor Pack 1: Jade Skin Kitana, Noob-Saibot Skin Sub-Zero, and Kintaro Skin Goro

Impostor Pack 2: Kabal Skin Erron Black, Smoke Skin Scorpion, and Stryker Skin Johnny Cage

Impostor Pack 1: Jade Skin Kitana, Noob-Saibot Skin Sub-Zero, and Kintaro Skin Goro

Impostor Pack 2: Kabal Skin Erron Black, Smoke Skin Scorpion, and Stryker Skin Johnny Cage

ehh.. the first pack is plausible but I doubt any of the second pack would ever happen. Reducing Kabal to an Erron Black skin would be more of an insult to me than anything, even though I love Erron Black I would rather not just slap a Kabal skin on him just because he had some similar concept art. If anything just give him a concept art outfit, you know?

Horror Pack II

Character:
1. Reiko

Variations for Reiko
-Kahn's Will (gains Shao Kahn's war hammer for attacks and the "You suck" taunt)
-Outworld Assailant (gains aerial and low thrown multiple shurikens)
-Merciless (Thrust kick, Shoulder Charge, and his signature Devastating Flip Kick Mortal Kombat 4)

Costumes:
1. Cenobite Quan Chi (costume based on the lore of Pinhead and the Hellraiser series)

2. Psychotic clowns Ferra/Torr (Evil face paint and jump suits. Ferra's hair is on fire and Torr wears a mask similar to the Joker's)

3. Mortal Kombat 4 Reptile

4. Djinn Shinnok (costume based on the lore of Wishmaster)

Last edited:
KOMBAT PACK II

Kharacter 1:
Cyrax (half-uncyberized appearance, rescued by Special Forces like in original timeline)

Bomber Variation: specializes in bomb-based maneuvers with traps
Laser Grid Variation: can perform a wider variety of green laser grid maneuvers
Combat Mode Variation: more martial arts-based, might have extra move with buzzsaw and anti-airs

Kharacter 2:
Sindel (more sinister, hellish appearance)

Infused Variation: borrows fireball based moves from Shang Tsung, but all fire is purple, may also have soul steal as homage to him
Deafening Variation: focused on scream-based moves, wider variety
Constrictor Variation: hair-based moves that have tons of well-designed and unique combo set-ups

Kharacter 3:
Fujin (same appearance from story mode)

Wind Charged Variation: martial arts-based variation, with his wind powers propelling his attacks, is faster
Cyclonic Variation: wind projectile focused, has tornado and wind gust attacks, good for long distance
Air Control Variation: brand new style that has Fujin manipulate air pressure to crush opponents' heads

Guest Kharacter:
V from V for Vendetta (more detailed version than movie version)

Decoy Variation: unique powers that call in look-alike decoys to attack/confuse the opponent
Precision Variation: dagger projectile focused, with varying levels of projectiles, good for distance
Phantom Variation: fast version that is speedy and good for close combat, geared towards stabs and slashes

Free Klassic Skins from updates:
MK4 Tanya
MK4 Shinnok
MK1 Johnny Cage
MK1 Goro
Klassic Tremor (if there is a fifth theoretically)

Antiquity Skin Pack:
Roman Chariot-inspired Ferra Tor
Mongolian Warrior-inspired Kung Jin
Mayan Warrior-inspired Kotal Kahn

Overlord Skin Pack:
Queen Bee-inspired D'Vorah (wouldn't literally look like a bee, but have profound queen and profound insect aspects)
Hellraiser-inspired Quan Chi (may not have pins in head, but would wear mostly black leather and have a gothic/Satanic look)
Dark Mage-inspired Ermac (with long black hood, face not showing as much)

Feudal Japan Skin Pack II:
Male Kimono-inspired Takeda
Karate Master-inspired Kenshi (would have a more unique, original look unlike Kobra's generic karate uniform)
Geisha-inspired Kitana

American Frontier Skin Pack:
Future Soldier-inspired Jacqui Briggs (may have futuristic armor similar to ODST or CoD: Future, possibly a helmet)
Modern Cowboy-inspired Erron Black (would wear bandana over mouth, may wear jeans and have spurs on boots)
"That 70's Chick" Cassie Cage (relatively self-explanatory; got the idea from her constant bubble gum chewing haha)

Thoughts?

Wow, we both thought the same thing for Quan Chi.

Mixed Martial Arts Pack:

DLC Character
:
Bo Rai Cho

Variations for Bo Rai Cho
-Druken Master (drinks from alcohol flask for limited health boost and weaving counters)
-Jojutsu (gains stick for attacks)
-Ricochet (belly flops off the ground via stomach to pop opponent up for combos, in addition to gaining spinning body scissors)

Costumes:
1. Champion Cassie Cage (wears Ronda Rousey-styled top and bottom, in addition to gloves. Instead of UFC, though, it will read "NRS." She will also be wearing the gold belt that Derrick and Tyler fight over on the streams.)

2. Khru Jacqueline Briggs (wears purple sports bra, purple and gold Muay Thai shorts, white hand wraps, and traditional Muay Thai headdress.)

3. Judo Kano (wears smoke gray judo gi with the Black Dragon Clan's logo on the back. "Australia" written on the left arm sleeve and a red belt in addition to the white foot wraps Kano will wear for this skin.)

4. "The Greatest" Jackson Briggs (Muhammad Ali-inspired skin that features Jax, without metal arms, wearing red boxing gloves, white and black shorts and traditional boxing shoes)

Last edited:
^^
Going by this format (and going with the whole female, male, male, male DLC of DLC character layout), I guess I'd personally go with:

- Outworld inspired costumes for Erron Black, Ferra / Torr, D'Vorah and Kotal Kahn

For the compatibility patch costumes I'd go with a new costume for Cassie, Kenshi DA Klassic, Goro MK1 Klassic and Johnny MK1 Klassic (might as well).

EDIT:
The characters that I listed wouldn't necessarily get released in that order, if it were up to me.

I would totally be okay with this pack. I would still like to see a MKD costume pack since I'm the very few people who likes Sub-Zero's outfit in MKD and I would like to see it return one day as DLC.

There are loads of good ideas in this thread so it'll be interesting to see what NRS come up with, and some of you guys are definitely more imaginative than me when it comes to costume pack concepts. :D

I'm pretty flexible in terms of future content (I think variety is always good, even if I personally dislike novelty stuff like the Brazil Pack) but I'll be genuinely pissed off if Fujin isn't in. I really don't want to have to wait another 2-3 years to play as him =/

^^fantastic this format (and going with the whole female, male, male, male DLC of DLC character layout), I guess I'd personally go with:

EDIT:

This is all great. Only thing is Kenshi' tournament costume is his DA costume. The only differences are slick improvements. Love that skin.

A Deception Skin would be fantastic for Sub-Zero and Kenshi, though its said Kenshi's default is derived from his Deception look in the concept arts.

Of Heroes and Criminals Pack

DLC Character:
Kira

Variations for Kira:
-Razor's Edge (gains large razorblades for projecticles, including a running stab)
-Anything Goes (uses Molotov tails as projectiles, gains eye gouge, a low blow, and a move that has her spit in the opponent's face)
-Dragoness (gains Jarek's Kneebreaker from MK4, Kano's Psycho Kanoball from MKT, and Kobra's Windmill Kick from MKD)

Costumes:
1. General Jackson Briggs (full navy blue military suit with ribbons, and beret.
2. Death Row Kano (orange jumpsuit with broken handcuffs
3. Petty Officer Sonya Blade (all white attire with hat included with golden medal on upper left chest corner and black dress shoes)
4. Deputy Erron Black (wears white ten gallon hat, brown buttoned up long sleeved shirt with a golden star badge on the upper right chest corner, white tie, light gray dress pants, and black cowboy boots)

Armageddon Pack

DLC Character:
Meat

Variations:

- Flesh Pit Spawn (gains several knife and chain based moves and combos and a speed buff move)
- Disarmed (gains combos and moves involving tearing off his own limbs and using hem as weapons, can leach off a portion of the opponent's health with a bite move)
- Ambulans Mortuis (Similar to Disarmed variation, with a damage buff replacing the health leach move and a low, high and air parry)

Costumes:
- Armargeddon Shinnok
- Armageddon Jax
- Armageddon Reptile

Compatibility Patch Skin:
- MK2 Raiden

More content to follow…

I would totally be okay with this pack. I would still like to see a MKD costume pack since I'm the very few people who likes Sub-Zero's outfit in MKD and I would like to see it return one day as DLC.

Thanks.
Yeah, I just figured I'd give Sub-Zero a break.
He has 6 costumes already and Scorpion has 7.
That's the reason I didn't mention either of them or Reptile or Ermac.
I'd be surprised if UMK3 Scopion and Ermac weren't the compatibility patch costumes for the last 2 Kombat Pack DLC characters.

This is all great. Only thing is Kenshi' tournament costume is his DA costume. The only differences are slick improvements. Love that skin.

A Deception Skin would be fantastic for Sub-Zero and Kenshi, though its said Kenshi's default is derived from his Deception look in the concept arts.

True.
I guess I was just looking for some compatibility patch costumes that weren't just for "moar ninjuz." LOL

It's actually really difficult for me to pick four characters I'd actually pay for, and then think of a dozen or so extra costumes. I guess that's why I'm not a game designer. :p

Still, for the sake of variety here's my contribution:

Kombat Pack II

Playable character: Fujin
The Earthrealm Pack: Champion Cassie Cage, Heritage Takeda, Elder God Shinnok
Free compatibility patch costume: Klassic Goro (MK1)

Playable character: Sareena
The Netherrealm Pack: Revenant Kung Jin, Revenant Jacqui Briggs, Dreadlord Quan Chi
Free compatibility patch costume: Klassic Tanya (MK4)

Playable character: Li Mei
The Outworld Pack: Enforcer Erron Black, Outworld Konqueror Kotal Kahn, Zaterran Reptile
Free compatibility patch costume: Klassic Tremor (UMK3)

Playable character: Duke Nukem
The Alien Invasion Pack: Battlelord Ferra/Torr, Alien Queen D'Vorah, Assault Captain Ermac
Free compatibility patch costume: Klassic Shinnok (MK4)

---

Earthrealm: The aim was to distribute the costumes a little better than at present, so all of the new characters get an extra, as well as some of the older characters. With the Earthrealm pack, I thought that Cassie and Takeda could get new skins inspired by Earth's victory over Shinnok -- perhaps a more conservative and resilient look inspired by Sonya, whilst retaining Johnny's visual flair.

For Takeda, a costume referencing Kenshi's earlier MK outfits, to show that the father and son are now reconciled, and Takeda now embraces his heritage rather than shuns it. Perhaps a red and grey primary colour scheme, and a black and gold alternate?

Finally, I thought a more ethereal, blue and white look for Shinnok would be interesting; something representing the Elder God before his fall from grace.

---

Netherrealm: These were quite easy choices, as I quite like the Revenant skins in MKX and it seems quite an obvious 'what if?' question to have Kung Jin and Jacqui in the mix, as they are the two new characters with relatives who were forced into Quan Chi's service. I think there's a lot of potential for interesting designs here, and obviously you'd have to add the voice effects as well.

For Quan Chi, we know that he was Shinnok's loyal servant and primary enforcer, so it seems logical that a revived version would be well rewarded by his master. For the Dreadlord costume, I was thinking black and red (Sareena's costume is a nice design) with perhaps a form of cloak, and smaller, ornate shoulder straps rather than the armoured versions on his traditional costumes.

---

Outworld: Easy! The Erron Black alt everyone (!?) wants: long brown trench coat, fingerless gloves, dark red leather trousers, hobnail jackboots with metal frames, and perhaps an old-school type gas mask. A bit Gambit from X-Men, a bit Borderlands, a bit Fallout.

For Kotal, a version I'd really love to see... blue body paint (like his dad) and traditional Outworld-style armour, with a headdress influenced by (but not a copy of) Shao Kahn's helmet. We have his imperial/ceremonial default costume, and his traditional/tribal pre-emperor look, so now we need his 'I am the new Kahn and I'm going to destroy all of you!' warmonger costume. If possible, I think he could maybe have a more Outworld-style look for his weapons as well, rather than the traditional Aztec look they have with his other costume.

With Reptile, I'd like to see a slightly more refined costume based on his Shaolin Monks appearance. Perhaps some green, black and gold ninja garb, but quite minimalist -- just linen wraps for footwear and gloves, and no form of leather or bone armour. Something lightweight that would allow him to remain agile, whilst still looking somewhat regal compared to his normal attire.

--- if you hate the Duke Nukem games, please look away now ---

:p

Alien Invasion: DN3D-inspired costumes for these characters. For Ferra/Torr, the smaller version of the Battlelord, which you can see would fit quite well with Torr's size/build and overall look. The type the armour the Battlelord wears would actually suit Torr really well, and presumably similar-looking garb could be designed for Ferra. You could maybe even have Torr's face uncovered in this costume, and just change the helmet type with each variation instead.

For D'Vorah, the Alien Queen boss; a very loose adaptation of course, but generally just give her blue skin instead of yellow and give her some sort of red, imperial-looking robe... for a colour palette swap with some extra details (orange/red eyes, maybe some nasty teeth) I think it could look surprisingly good.

For Ermac, the Assault Captain is a surprisingly good match, because they use jetpacks and can teleport, which fits Ermac's style very well. I suppose if they wanted to, NRS could adapt Ermac's magic to this version so that he actually used a jetpack when he hovered (as opposed to magic) and change the animation style of his teleport, but obviously that would just be extra polish. But in terms of changing the skin and face, and keeping his traditional red colour for the armour/straps, I think it would look pretty cool. Also, by just giving Ermac a voice synthesizer thing to sound a bit more alien, the 'we' aspect of his dialogue could easily just be made to sound like he's speaking on behalf of the alien invasion force. :D

(I know, none of it will ever happen, but I just wanted to provide some unique ideas)

Man, you guys are really good at this. I just have a vague idea of what characters I would want, and you're all coming up with fighting styles and costume packs that make sense.

Anyway, for characters I'd like to see Sareena, Noob, Smoke, and Frost, because I'm childishly in love with Sub-Zero and his whole extended "family".
For costume packs, I'd like to give Tanya her Deception look again, give Tremor a Klassic skin and have a Mileena with her MK9 teeth.
If I had to have a guest, it would probably be Pinhead. I prefer Deepthroat or Abagor, but I don't think anyone but me would buy a DLC pack of either one. Besides, if they're going to put in a Hellraiser character, I would want them to put in Meat too. Maybe give Meat a Julia skin or something too.

Also I'm super glad I'm not the only one who want's Sareena. I'm not sure how she became one of my favorite characters, but she did, and seeing a bunch of other people who seem to like her gives me hope.

[MENTION=24245]Cinderella Cenobite[/MENTION]

Hey man, welcome to the forum. :)

Yeah, I think Sareena has some popularity in terms of bringing back older female characters. I'd have liked her and/or Li Mei as DLC, given that Tanya should clearly have been in the game from the start.

Thanks!
I agree with the Tanya thing, but I like Tanya so much that I had no problem with the idea of paying for her as DLC
I love Li Mei too, mostly because her super power is more or less just sparkles, and I'm one of the hopeless freaks who 's favorite X-Men character is Jubilee.

Comic pack

characters: Reiko, havik, fujin , rain

costume packs

reiko outworld- costumes for kotal, dvorah,mileena

havik pack costumes for: Tanya, kenshi, raiden

fujin mk4 costumes: Shinnok, quan chi, reptile

rain costume pack: erron black , cassie cage, takeda

Comic pack

characters: Reiko, havik, fujin , rain

costume packs

reiko outworld- costumes for kotal, dvorah,mileena

havik pack costumes for: Tanya, kenshi, raiden

fujin mk4 costumes: Shinnok, quan chi, reptile

rain costume pack: erron black , cassie cage, takeda
I'd buy that, and I think it's a really nice set.

Just two things, though:

1) Quan Chi is already getting an MK4 costume in the Klassic Pack #2, so you have a free slot in your Fujin pack.

2) Tanya is a DLC character, and I find it very unlikely they will sell DLC costumes for DLC characters.