Kombat pack 3 official thread

That green aura comes from a power Johnny inherited from his ancestors who were breed as warriors. But still, I agree that it wasn't very convincing that Cassie would win. I respect your views and opinions but lets dig in to this:

Honestly, there's nothing too wrong with MK3 except that the fatalities got way too silly for the most part and couple silly things here and there. MK3 was my favorite in the series. How could you not love the empty, souless, apocolyptic city vibe when Kahn invaded? Renegade Sub-Zero being hunted by the Cyborgs. Raiden rallying the rest of the heroes for a desperate attempt to save Earth. Evil Sindel witch. It was awesome in my opinion. And it was the game that first brought the combo system. That's when the series got really interesting in game play.

MK4 you get Shinnok and Quan Chi, a huge fan favorite, trying to take over Earthrealm, Outworld, and Edenia. It had dark awesome music too. It was fast as heck and had brutal grab moves. It incorperates the awesome new story details from Mythologies.

Mythologies, by the way, is my favorite bad game of all time. Its hard as hell to the point it was hilariously awful to play, but shit it was cool in so many other ways.

You liked MKDA, so there's no need to go over that. It was sweet and felt reminiscent to MK1. Added Kenshi, another new favorite.

I don't know how anyone couldn't like Deception. The story continued with its dark nature. You got to explore the realms in a really cool way. I played the shit out of Konquest mode multiple times because of that. The game play was a bit more smooth than MKDA. What's not to like there? A cluster of arguably bad new characters. I easily look passed that for everything else it delivered.

Armageddon was the weakest. A rushed product but still a fun game regardless of all the crap in it. It was like a burnt chocolate chip cookie. You have to chew through the crap to taste the chocolate chips.

Shaolin Monks, you liked right? It was a fun, non canon, side game. An alternate take on what MK2 was. It still has a few canon things to it. The opening scene was the greatest MK cinematic of all time, I thought.

MKvsDC. I don't like that crap either. Its the one MK game I played the least. Atleast it had a couple cool character designs. It was a "what if" situation taking place around MK2-MK3. I can't really be bothered by a bad non canon side game.

MK9 was a clever way to make a sequel and a reboot after the mess that was Armageddon. You get back to the glorious trilogy era that is now considered the golden age. Sure, there's slight changes that wasn't nessarily great, but why get a complete retelling of something we've already seen? Its intended to go in a new direction. It wasn't 100% perfect, but it really tickled the majority of MK fans mostly because of the nostalgic factor. It was amazing. Really made me feel like that child I was when coming home from school anxiously to play MKTrilogy again.

I liked X. Story wasn't perfect either but it was an interesting new version of MK4 I thought. Again, it was silly to see child-like girl beat an ancient demon, granted but that was the biggest flaw in the story, I think. The more realistic tone, dark gritty atmosphere. The most beautiful looking MK game to date. The fatalities are really well done, granted every game has its share of stinkers though.
Gameplay is killer and the roster is more good than bad.

That's me though. You probably have valid points to this, but those things don't ruin all but two games for me.
i will reply about the games from 1995 today:

mk3-umk3-mkt, had the most crap martial choreography, the most generic animations and sprites, the first game that have alot plot holes (worse is in mk9) the most ridicule character design and customes asked to tobias, cause original main ideas are from Goskie, vogel and boon) the worse fatalities reaction, the most ridicule active friendship and crappy aniamlites and unrealist non-coherent fatalities, the most unrealistic stages ever in mk. ahhh tsung with hose pants and unmasked sub-zero with diaper other the great humillation.

PPl don´t understand that ed boon is only good for his own area, the programming, not other areas and the stupid went to manage the martial choreography area , like as you can see at the mk3 behind the scenes video, horrible martial chorography.

stupid boon, thanks to tobias in build motaro and sheeva, that is the few good 100% made by tobias in 1995 and that ironically stupid boon can not make a 3d motaro at the actual years.

Last edited:
wrong bro lol ,then compare the martial choreography and the proportions of 3d model between those games....... ahh keep on mind that TF has got first the idea of brought certin interctivity in comparision with stupid injustice Gau............ and offcourse without count to Wulong Goth character, you will find that game have a more asiatic concept at game design and again martial choreography, fresh ideas in moves combos with more sense than mkda. Also keep on mind that stupid Jhon Voguel and stupid boon has used all the material from Tobias for build MKDA. And then, boon and cia, abandoned the Tobias ´s concept at mkd and just at mkd (beyond if this has reached a sucessed) the game is almost crap. Also Mk was an old franchaise and Tf just a young franchise, at least they tryed and too ppl did not understood the game.

Different people, different strokes... but there's a reason Tao Feng had such bad ratings.

Different people, different strokes... but there's a reason Tao Feng had such bad ratings.

the point is not about ratings, is about the purism of saga/franchise and how respect the origin of a game. Honestly the reboot is a shit, they wanted repair all the error from the past and it is worse now.

To each their own.
I liked the fact that we didn't just get a blatant rip-off of MK4 thru Deception with MKX.
In fact, I thought that it was cool that they skipped right over Deadly Alliance and just ended on a Deception type of note for the story (Dark Raiden).
As for interactible objects, they first appeared in MK4, so I'm fine with them being in MKX.
Stage interactibles? Meh, it's nice to have an option to get out of the corner, imo.
As for the new characters, I like 7 out of the 8 MKX characters, which is more than I can say for the old timeline and the majority of the post-MK3 (MK4 thru Armageddon) debut characters.

the point is not about ratings, is about the purism of saga/franchise and how respect the origin of a game. Honestly the reboot is a shit, they wanted repair all the error from the past and it is worse now.

Personally, I'm glad NRs went another way with the story instead of just retelling the same thing from the original games. We already know that story, so I like that they went in a different direction this time around.

No, the reboot is not perfect, there are indeed some lore flaws and plot holes I find were explained better in the original story, but overall I am happy with the story of MK9 and MKX.

Why should NRS just copy/paste the same story from the old games? Why shouldn't they build on something new?
No, you just want the same old thing over and over again. In that case, go back to play those old games you like and then let the rest of us enjoy the new games. Just because you're not getting what YOU want doesn't mean that it is bad.

Because that's all you whine about... that things didn't turn out the way you wanted it to.
Well, suck it up instead of being a crybaby about it. You're not even bringing any constructive criticism, you're just pointing out things that you don't like, calling it shit, and then cry about it over and over and over and over again.

Get over it.

Personally, I'm glad NRs went another way with the story instead of just retelling the same thing from the original games. We already know that story, so I like that they went in a different direction this time around.

No, the reboot is not perfect, there are indeed some lore flaws and plot holes I find were explained better in the original story, but overall I am happy with the story of MK9 and MKX.

Why should NRS just copy/paste the same story from the old games? Why shouldn't they build on something new?
No, you just want the same old thing over and over again. In that case, go back to play those old games you like and then let the rest of us enjoy the new games. Just because you're not getting what YOU want doesn't mean that it is bad.

Because that's all you whine about... that things didn't turn out the way you wanted it to.
Well, suck it up instead of being a crybaby about it. You're not even bringing any constructive criticism, you're just pointing out things that you don't like, calling it shit, and then cry about it over and over and over and over again.

Get over it.

He holds a good argument. No one can fault him for his views of the series. Clearly, you're the one taking this too seriously and getting worked up over it.

Last edited:
Even though I don't agree with everything London says, he holds a good argument. No one can fault him for his views of the series. Clearly, you're the one taking this too seriously and getting worked up over it.

I am not faulting him for his views, but the fact that he whines about it over and over and over and over and over and over... you get the idea. And without adding anything constructive to the conversation. All he ever does is going "this and this is shit, everyone who disagrees are asslickers".

He's entitled to his opinion, but the way he holds that entitlement is the problem.

I am not faulting him for his views, but the fact that he whines about it over and over and over and over and over and over... you get the idea. And without adding anything constructive to the conversation. All he ever does is going "this and this is shit, everyone who disagrees are asslickers".

He's entitled to his opinion, but the way he holds that entitlement is the problem.

Fair enough but I'm not going to condemn him for it. I'd rather see his passionate opinions and points he has over the other waste of posts people make. At least reading through the threads, it adds good discussions and points whether you agree or not, it has a place here over other garbage people spew out, is all I'm getting at.

Fair enough but I'm not going to condemn him for it. I'd rather see his passionate opinions and points he has over the other waste of posts people make. At least reading through the threads, it adds good discussions and points whether you agree or not, it has a place here over other garbage people spew out, is all I'm getting at.

Welcome to the internet.
I disagree though... it doesn't add anything to any discussion that someone barges in and start yelling "THIS IS CRAP!". It's not contructive at all, it's just mud-tossing.

Welcome to the internet.
I disagree though... it doesn't add anything to any discussion that someone barges in and start yelling "THIS IS CRAP!". It's not contructive at all, it's just mud-tossing.

I'm well aware of the internet. That's exactly why I said that.
You call it mud-tossing but its passion. That should be more welcome here. Reading over pages of the thread, its an entertaining read ;)

Get over it.
look bro, my point never was (also i did not explained with detail about this before) about copy the same and old story from previous games, my point is not copy any lore from other video franchaise, specially the stupid Dc universe or Back to the future franchise (means shit, more bellow you ´ll see why)
This last one happened because stupid jhon voguel is´nt a ´fn guionist and writter.

He have not made the mk lore since the start.
He has doing a re-interpretation about the old lore since mkd and mk9 in escence is almost the same from original lore, too mk10.
And then voguel has mixed all those ideas with others ideas that not fit with Mk.
Tobias has inspired the old lore from movies franchises and never from other video game franchise, boon and voguel patethically yes.

Tobias has created the pillars of mk and probably at his interview from OBS he talked about the relatives characters..... and voila just stupid boon and vogel has inserted this kind of ideas, in mk10.

And for your surprise Tobias did not need any reboot in the past. Boon has fvcked up all.
the byrd only have minds for fly, never for post with arguments XD.

If you want Advance at lore and if you will borrow ideas from other franchise,
at least try to note that this is not notice, and here Voguel was more graphical than the ass from his own wife.

Personally i have never demanded how to make the lore of mk to anybody but never i ´ve demanded too a terrible ultra copy from other video game franchise, wrong comic franchise and wrong movies franchise with a terrible lack of originality........ and techinically it´s bad because each more time stupid voguel shall have less ideas in the mk ´s future........ ohhhh dark rayden again in the end of mk10..........
and are you telling me bro, about not copy the old same history again? dark rayden??????????? in 2015????????
it would be to have more sense if rayden goes with stupid elder gods to the celestial chambers and fujin become evil in the final from mk10 history, but neither this had in mind stupid voguel, lol.

It is not about if i play an old game and you a new game, MK is one universe and offcourse i have never pretended how make it, but nothing shall stop my opinion because not only likes to you the mk reboot, too you want it....... and sorry bro, but the unconditionally as a category is utopian, and if anybody do not agreed with me, the solution is not try to find any common opinion, is about acept or refuse it, but never is about go to play the old games, cause mk is mk and you love it in a diffferent way than from me, and if your love for mk is hurted, only avoid read my posts or praise to the stupid nrs.

Acording you, if i am craying, you probably you are smailing with a mouth
every time less happy, and you want avoid to see each more time, in what crap MK is going to be, while you get fun.

Then I will not regret your tears.

Last edited:
Yes, the story isn't that great, anyone with eyes can see that. But it's a fighting game, fighting games usually don't have great stories to begin with. I can't remember any time talking to someone about a fighting game that they complimented the story over anything else. I know that there are people that play fighting games for the story, but I really don't hear too much about that.

I get that at times these kinds of arguments can have some best discussions but it's the same old argument I've heard plenty of times already.

"How and why did Cassie beat someone that looked like could have killed her in one blow?"
"Why did they have to reboot the series instead of making an entirely new story altogether?"
"It's Boon's fault."

Agreed Kitty, and I'm not calling you out specifically, but I wonder why the gaming community (as a whole) gives story modes in fighting games a pass.
People usually don't let something like the horrible plot-hole filled MGSV go excused, so why do others do that for fighting games?
If the developer puts some effort into making a story mode for a fighting game, then yes, IMO, it should equally be critiqued for being either bad or good.
I agree with [MENTION=5232]Ricochetmatt[/MENTION], that if they keep retconning stuff in the story with every game, that I'd rather just have no story (like MK4), and have the premise told in an MK4-like intro, with the various endings serving as possible plot points for the next game.

For me, I feel the story is being told in a very rushed manner as of lately.

A prime example is 2011's story, the part where Sindel comes screaming in and kills everyone. That scene could have been one of the best scenes ever. But they rushed the crap out of it and treated it like it was nothing. You have so many people getting their asses kicked by one person, and none of them looked like that had a chance to kill her, despite that you had some of them killing people before Sindel's encounter. And that scene gets critiqued like crazy in a bad way and I feel because of it being rushed had something to do with it.

That and not too many people actually liked seeing their favorites get killed, as well as the killer being Sindel.

There were too many rushed scenes in X, or there were parts in the story that just seemed like it was thrown in there for absolutely no reason. Like, as much as I love Sub-Zero, was his chapter really necessary?

That's how I look at it, of course everyone else has their reasons. I just wanted to point out mine. And to be honest, I really don't mind it at all if they decided to scrap the story mode in the future.

I'm well aware of the internet. That's exactly why I said that.
You call it mud-tossing but its passion. That should be more welcome here. Reading over pages of the thread, its an entertaining read ;)

This is a discussion forum. Not 9gag. If you want to be entertained by people on the internet, go there instead. Or youtube "fails" to find videos of people falling down on their faces. That's basically the same as looking at londonhellgate's posts anyways.

Then I will not regret your tears.

I'm not the one crying over the game not being how I want it to be. I like how it is (for the most part), so yes, I am smiling and having a good time with it. The only thing here making me roll my eyes and lose hope in humanity is you.

For me, I feel the story is being told in a very rushed manner as of lately.

A prime example is 2011's story, the part where Sindel comes screaming in and kills everyone. That scene could have been one of the best scenes ever. But they rushed the crap out of it and treated it like it was nothing. You have so many people getting their asses kicked by one person, and none of them looked like that had a chance to kill her, despite that you had some of them killing people before Sindel's encounter. And that scene gets critiqued like crazy in a bad way and I feel because of it being rushed had something to do with it.

That and not too many people actually liked seeing their favorites get killed, as well as the killer being Sindel.

There were too many rushed scenes in X, or there were parts in the story that just seemed like it was thrown in there for absolutely no reason. Like, as much as I love Sub-Zero, was his chapter really necessary?

That's how I look at it, of course everyone else has their reasons. I just wanted to point out mine. And to be honest, I really don't mind it at all if they decided to scrap the story mode in the future.

The way Story Mode is told is really not optimal, no. Imo, I would much rather want character-based story mode, where you pick a character and then get their side of the entire story. However, that's ALOT of work to be put into the story aspect of a fighting game. As said, this is a fighting game, and for a fighting game, the work put into the Story Mode is quite alot compared to other games of the same genre. Hell, I dare even say it's more than most games these days that aren't RPG's (which is mostly about the story).

But yes, some scenes are rushed and some plotholes are left unexplained, and yeah, there are some retcons that just don't make sense - like Quan Chi suddenly being in the spotlight and Mileena being introduced to Kitana the first time during the events of MK9! There's ALOT of character-individual info squeezed into those chapters which is why some characters are kinda being left behind and don't have the time in the spotlight needed to explain their individual stories.

But the overall story as a whole - not the way it is told, but what is actually being told - I personally like alot. The whole Outworld civil war in MKX was brilliant, imo! It gave some meaning to Outworld after Shao Kahn's death, and it gave us something else than just "A new big baddy has come to town". I loved it! And the comics with Havik and Reiko manipulating events... THAT is how Quan Chi should have been in MK9!

So no... The story in the reboot is definately not perfect. But I love that we have it. I just want it to be more than it is now, but I understand why that's not possible as that would be, like I said, ALOT of work put into an aspect of a fighting game that is NOT about the actual fighting gameplay which is the most important part. But NRS is STILL making an effort to entertain us with a Story Mode that has an interesting plot and cool action. It's not Final Fantasy deep, but it leaves people entertained.

The old storyline was basically the whole "A bad guy shows up, the heroes kill him, a new bad guy shows up, the heroes kill him, another bad guy shows up, the heroes kill him...", which might be enough for some people, but I quite like that the heroes in MK9 failed to a superiour villain, I quite like that it wasn't all "And the heroes saves the day!" again and again and again. Yes, the Sindel scene felt rushed and wasn't executed too well, but the idea of it is awesome to me. NRS just need to work on the representation of the story to make it better. I do feel MKX did it better, but no, it is not perfect.

Last edited:
barging in and yelling "this is crap"/entitlement problems.. sounds like a lot of your posts in other threads :lol:

This is a discussion forum. Not 9gag. If you want to be entertained by people on the internet, go there instead. Or youtube "fails" to find videos of people falling down on their faces.

That's cute.

Last edited:
I'm not the one crying over the game not being how I want it to be. I like how it is (for the most part), so yes, I am smiling and having a good time with it. The only thing here making me roll my eyes and lose hope in humanity is you..

well don´t worry, humanity is no more just when you are out from forum, without post here, ok you are the center of humanity lol.

Ok under your criteria, if i talk negative critics means that i am craying all because you are craying that you dislike my unforgiven critics against boon................ and also proof about him are true ..........who is craying really here now?
ohhh if nobody tell almost the true means to be good and
politically correct..... tears are not going down at my face, cause i have never pretended how mk should to be but too i have never pretended a crap result and you mean that i have no right for critic it all because the developers was making to Mk and how should to be, acording them? really? no sir if they could to have an opinion, everyone too, include me..... be it negative or positive critic, cause is not about praise to Boon is about praise to mk.

Also keep on mind that i was holded on since 2006 but with mkd-mk9-mkvsdc, i got a clear idea that i will not respect to boon and cia, cause again their effort is crap , at the overall or final result means shit, technically mk each more time is loosing his escence.

Last edited:
They might be a couple of free characters that could be patched into the game but they will not be a Kombat Pack 3 which is a shame. I always like new and fresh content for games.

Will be awesome if KP3 is:
Noob Saibot, Rain, Nightwolf and Fujin.

Alts for Saibot & Rain (UMK3), Triborg (UMK3), Goro (MK9) and Nightwolf (MKD)

Fatality pack 3:
Reptile - tongue meal (MK2, complete with "mmm")
Liu Kang - Dragon Morph (MK2)
Raiden - MK1 (SNES)
Kano - heart rip (MK1)
Ermac - telekinetic slams (UMK3)

KP3 characters can already have 1 of their fatalities as klassic (Nightwolf - God Light, Noob Saibot - clone's help (MK9), Rain - lightning strikes (MKT), Fujin - skin away (MK4))

Additional stage - deadpool

This will make the game komplete