Just Finished Story Mode And...

i doubt the cast will be gone. if anything they will be in versus, arcade, and when we play story mode we will play as the other half of the characters. I see them changing the story to the point the "good" and "bad" guys will join forces for some reason.

overall I liked story mode, I am still iffy on them changing Mileena. I could have sworn I always read she was brought up with Kitana to watch over her. I took it as when Kitana was a Baby or fairly young, they created Mileena and raised them as "twins", but in this, she is introduced to Kitana when Kitana is older and fully aware she is a clone. In this, Mileena was being made to just flat out replace Mileena. it was still cool to see I am just use to the former part.

and If I was correct about Mileena being raised with Kitana at birth/young age, I always could never figure out why it was Princess Kitana and just Mileena. why wasn't she ever considered Princess Mileena? Shao Kahn did have her created why not just claim Mileena was a princess? minor nit picking but a question I always had lol

I don't see this as nitpicking. You care enough about the story and history to want to know "why" certain things are. I don't think Mileena was created and raised with Kitana at birth since I think Kitana was older before the merger between Outworld and Edenia happened. However, I do not know for sure.

I honestly like this retelling of the Mileena arc because it shows that Shao Kahn wanted a true daughter, and that's why she was created.

I love Mileena, but I agree I prefer the "twin sisters" version regarding how Kitana and Mileena deal with each other, and probably ,raising together since young age .... however, it's crazy and weird this version, because, I cannot buy it how Kitana, looking to Mileena and being aware about her Tarkatan features, could just accept Mileena as being his sister, twin sister ! lol !

The changing of arcs in the reboot just goes to show that nothing in Mortal Kombat is cannon, and should not be taken seriously. It kind of takes all impact away from anything in any of the stories, because they're so quick to throw it out the window.

I'm just happy I don't give a crap about the story mode.

Raiden was really daft IMO in story mode... Even I could have figured out that he should have let Shao Kahn invade earthrealm first honestly Rai-Dude XD

The changing of arcs in the reboot just goes to show that nothing in Mortal Kombat is cannon, and should not be taken seriously. It kind of takes all impact away from anything in any of the stories, because they're so quick to throw it out the window.

What? So because they rebooted the story and didnt stay the same way as before when they said way back before that it wouldn't be the same, it shouldn't be taken seriously. Ok that's great logic...

Big Mileena fan and I really like the new story. I couldn't buy how they had lived together since childhood when Edenians live a LONG time, and never notice anything. This makes infinitely more sense and I love how Kahn considers her his real daughter. Oh, and Kitana can recognize her own body shape, duh.

What? So because they rebooted the story and didnt stay the same way as before when they said way back before that it wouldn't be the same, it shouldn't be taken seriously. Ok that's great logic...

They just went back in the past, so the backgrounds should have stayed the same.

If most of the dead cast aren't in the next game I won't be buying it.

You can include me on that list too.
If MK 10 continues with the MK: DA thru MK: A characters, I'll just sit it out and continue playing MK 9.

Aside from Reiko, Fujin, Havik, Tanya and Quan Chi, the rest of the characters from MK 4 thru MK: A were PURE SHIT!!!

They are gonna kome back. I have a prediction in how they will return. Since Quan Chi has the souls of Kabal, Jax, Styker, Kitana, Nightwolf, Kung Lao, Cyber Sub-Zero, Sindel, and Jade. In the storyline of MK4 in MKX, after they defeat Shinnok and Quan Chi, the souls of those characters will be free and live once more and take out those 3D characters.

I don't know how Noob Saibot kan kome back.

As for Liu Kang, man I don't know:(. I hope there kan be a logical way he kan kome back to life.

As for Liu Kang, man I don't know:(. I hope there kan be a logical way he kan kome back to life.

maybe the elder gods will bring him back. But no matter what way he comes back, I hope he either is bad or more like how scorpion was last timeline.

I love Mileena, but I agree I prefer the "twin sisters" version regarding how Kitana and Mileena deal with each other, and probably ,raising together since young age .... however, it's crazy and weird this version, because, I cannot buy it how Kitana, looking to Mileena and being aware about her Tarkatan features, could just accept Mileena as being his sister, twin sister ! lol !

Understandable

my whole take is long and probably full of flaws.

I assumed when Shao Kahn took over Edenia, Kitana was a baby/infant. Sindel quickly killed herself after. (In the story mode, Kitana made a comment that Sindel died a long time ago.) To ensure Kitana would be a faithful child growing up, Shao Kahn created Mileena to pose as her "twin sister" to keep watch over her. Since he was raising them to be assassins one could argue that is how he tricked Kitana. Having them cover their mouths so she would never see Mileena's tarkatan teeth. He could have had them sleep in separate parts of the palace. He could have had strict rules to keep Kitana from figuring out Mileena. And being the loyal daughter, Kitana would listen.

heres a better idea

what about leave those dead characters dead but keep those dead characters in multiplayer? that'd b better. i dont no MK:DA, MK:D ********.

Not be taken seriously? wtf? Glad to see the Banality :D

IMO, killing everyone was good for the WOW factor, but the majority of people want them all alive, so I hope they do somehow bring them back... Especially Liu kang! He's like the face of mortal kombat, so stop killing him!

Near the end when during the raiden/shao Kahn fight, I was thinking raiden was goin to send a message to his past self again and stop it all from ever happening (prince of Persia movie style). That way, you could kill everyone and have the impact of their deaths on players, AND have a good ending where they're all still alive and earthrelm is saved...

I hope they stick with it and leave half of these guys wiped out. The game needs to have a shake up which is why they did a reboot. Kind of like how the new Star Trek movie blew up the planet Vulcan which was a staple of the series.

Scorpion is still around and they could always peice back Cyber-Sub together, so as long as those two guys are still around they should be fine cast wise unless all the new characters are Hsu-Hao and Mokap rehashes ;-).

Mortal Kombat isn't Mortal Kombat without classic characters, period.

They are gonna kome back. I have a prediction in how they will return. Since Quan Chi has the souls of Kabal, Jax, Styker, Kitana, Nightwolf, Kung Lao, Cyber Sub-Zero, Sindel, and Jade. In the storyline of MK4 in MKX, after they defeat Shinnok and Quan Chi, the souls of those characters will be free and live once more and take out those 3D characters.

I hope Smoke, Kabal, Jax, Styker, Kitana, Nightwolf, Kung Lao, Cyber Sub-Zero, Sindel, and Jade are not gone for good, and that your theory is correct. I especially like Smoke, Kitana, King Lao, and Jade, and I think the series would suffer (for me) without them. Sub Zero is a franchise staple, so I really have a hard time believing he is really out... he is more ubiquitous in MK than the dragon logo.

Noob Saibot... well he has died before, I don't see any big problems bringing him back. Where is he going to go? Detroit?

Liu Kang - He can stay dead. Yeah, he is the face of MK, but he is boring, and I didn't really miss him in MKDA.

Well, if you have an excuse to bring back any ONE of the characters Quan Chi has, then I don't see why they couldn't bring all of them back. So I don't think that should be a problem.

I'm looking forward to the next one, since I'd be willing to bet that the "bad guys" will have a much bigger role since Outworld and Earthrealm will probably have to work together. I'll bet there's a part where you fight as Sheeva and Baraka while they lead forces of Shokan and Tarkatan, respectively. That would be cool :).

If something like that happens, and the bad guys get their own chapters, you probably only have to increase the roster a small amount and you'll have a story mode of the same length. They could leave the dead characters dead, and just have them playable in multi-player. Buuut, I think they'll come back anyway.

Last edited:
i doubt the cast will be gone. if anything they will be in versus, arcade, and when we play story mode we will play as the other half of the characters. I see them changing the story to the point the "good" and "bad" guys will join forces for some reason.

overall I liked story mode, I am still iffy on them changing Mileena. I could have sworn I always read she was brought up with Kitana to watch over her. I took it as when Kitana was a Baby or fairly young, they created Mileena and raised them as "twins", but in this, she is introduced to Kitana when Kitana is older and fully aware she is a clone. In this, Mileena was being made to just flat out replace Mileena. it was still cool to see I am just use to the former part.

and If I was correct about Mileena being raised with Kitana at birth/young age, I always could never figure out why it was Princess Kitana and just Mileena. why wasn't she ever considered Princess Mileena? Shao Kahn did have her created why not just claim Mileena was a princess? minor nit picking but a question I always had lol
I guess they may have referred to Mileena as "Princess Mileena." Seeing as though Shao Kahn and Sindel, don't consider Kitana to be their daughter. We just don't really see Mileena's relationship with Shao Kahn and Sindel, as she's barely in it.

as for kang i think he should be revived by quan chi and help them. As for the rest idk