It's Mortal Kombat Eve Weekend: Whatcha Got Planned?

Draco Briggs

Started this thread cause this is the last weekend before Mortal Kombat comes out. I know it's a lil early...but when your a college senior - the weekend starts on Thursday night lol (or at least mine does).

I always hear about fans' crazy rituals on the eve of a MK release - watching the MK movies, playing a certain MK game, buying new junk for their entertainment system, etc. Anyone doing anything like that this weekend?

I have A LOT of homework to do this weekend actually; my first final is the day after MK is released -_- (damn Sales Management class).

Besides homework, I'll be playing my last sessions of MKDC in between clearing out my dorm room (school is out in 2 weeks...goin home for the summer)! The sun is FINALLY setting on MKDC as it will be archived come Tuesday haha!

I get paid tomorrow so I will also be paying off my TE Edition from Amazon.

What do you have planned?

im going to watch the mk movies and pass time on this forum. ill be looking for reviews and trying to get my friends to buy the game as well

i work tonight for only an hour or so, then i'm done for the weekend (off monday too other than watching my kid until the wife gets home), gonna finish work, hit BWW with 3 friends to watch the brew crew hopefully pound the pirates, rinse and repeat that til sunday. ??? win.

I am going to Kontinue making a NEW custom soundtrack for all you Mortal Kombat fans out there! I shall have it all completed and download links posted by Saturday night!!!!! Trust me, you will NOT be dissapointed in my work!

"And nowwwwwww for a taste of things to come..." (click the link on my "signature")
-Shang Tsung

Going to try to relax and enjoy the weekend.

It doesn't matter what I do, since the weekend always goes by quicker than I want it to.
In this case, the weekend going by fast would be AWESOME!!!

Hey MK9, I have a shirt of the picture in your avatar. LOL

I'm going to wear it on Monday night. "Hospitality" Ha ha ha ha ha

Tomorrow i was going to buy a new 47 in TV but my graduation fees caught up to me =/ so they took a huge chunk out of my paycheck, so ill most likely go out to eat tomorrow, watch scream 4, Saturday will be Netflix Night, eating Papa Johns and watching the MK movies. Monday ill go to school, skip work, get some sleep and go to the Midnight release and whoop some monkey ass in the tournament!

Tomorrow i was going to buy a new 47 in TV but my graduation fees caught up to me =/ so they took a huge chunk out of my paycheck, so ill most likely go out to eat tomorrow, watch scream 4, Saturday will be Netflix Night, eating Papa Johns and watching the MK movies. Monday ill go to school, skip work, get some sleep and go to the Midnight release and whoop some monkey ass in the tournament!

Scre4m! I forgot to add that to my post lol. Seein that tomorrow - gotta hot date and everything

Work, 12 hour days friday thru sunday. So theres the weekend pretty much. Probably some overtime monday, than relax possibly play some MK2 or UMK3 and wait for it to hit midnight.

Friday: Going over to a friend's after he gets off of work, he wants me to play the MK9 demo with him.

Saturday: Going to this dinner/small concert, my Mom wants me to go with her. I'm going because of the FOOD! haha

Sunday: Band Practice.

Monday: Work until 5pm, then probably nothing. My store isn't doing a midnight release so I have to get the game at 10am on Tuesday.

This weekend will fly for me. Film project on friday, work all day saturday and sunday. Monday is going to drag, I'll only have one class the whole day. Not looking forward to it at all, both my Gamestop and Best Buy are not having midnight launches.

Homework and homework, so that i can get next weekend off and play mk, and on Saturday it Pokemon regionals, need alot of luck cause my deck is not meta game.

Well, I'm getting drunk all day saturday, for my friends birthday. Pretty MK unrelated though.

EDIT: Damn, my weekend is going to be great. Tomorrow night, fashion show then a party. Saturday, drinking all day and going to a baseball game, party that night. Sunday, sober up but I have no homework!

Last edited:
Eh... I have band practice on Saturday. But for the most part I'll be chatting with the kool krew here at the TRMK forums! When Monday rolls around, I'm gonna stay up all night and go to the midnight release at GameStop. :D

gonna have a bunch of friends over to watch both movies and HOPEFULLY play the game if i get it saturday like my store is telling me...