Is there a room for friendly players on XBL? Most people on XBL act like pricks.

x ViLLaiiny

Seriously, I've just faced my 4th opponent in a row who did that stupid crouch-spam thing at the FINISH HIM screen (represents a Halo t-bag), and honestly, all this trolling has become really old. These people are hardly ever good, however, they think are because they can beat me when I'm trying to learn a new character. Skilled players are hard to come across and even then, usually when I beat them, the loss crushed their pride so much they won't even rematch me. I'm honestly contemplating buying a PS3 just because I've heard a lot positivity about the community on PSN.

Enough ranting though. Here's my question;

Is there a room for friendly players (gamefaqs or a trmk room?) on XBL? When is it up? I'm not online to quarrel with trolls and angry teenagers with delicate ego's. I'm trying to find a fight that's not exactly what I would experience fighting a Beginner level AI on the arcade ladder.

Have you tried gamefaqs room? I've not been on myself but I've heard a bunch of people say it's quality. Good people with solid skills playing for the love of MK. I usually forget to look for rooms like that when I'm online lol, but I do hear plenty of good things online about it.

It sucks to play against tools, I've come across my fair share of them too. When I do find a good guy/girl online I try to rematch them as many times as I can lol. Whether I win or lose a lot of those rematches is irrelevant, I love getting to play against solid competition when that competition isn't howling about their uber-pro skillz with the crackling voice of a twelve year-old whose mom is finally out of the house so he can swear like a big boy lol.

I know what you meen. I played a guy last night who got pissed off cause i blocked all his combos and when he was done i punished him or tossed his ass around like a ragdoll. What am i supposed to sit there and let you hit me with a 7 piece. I think not. Then you got guys who spam all the time and they think they have skill and it just pisses me off. When your on hit me up or just friend me my GT is OlDiRtY4200.

Have you tried gamefaqs room? I've not been on myself but I've heard a bunch of people say it's quality. Good people with solid skills playing for the love of MK. I usually forget to look for rooms like that when I'm online lol, but I do hear plenty of good things online about it.

It sucks to play against tools, I've come across my fair share of them too. When I do find a good guy/girl online I try to rematch them as many times as I can lol. Whether I win or lose a lot of those rematches is irrelevant, I love getting to play against solid competition when that competition isn't howling about their uber-pro skillz with the crackling voice of a twelve year-old whose mom is finally out of the house so he can swear like a big boy lol.

I found a "0000GAMEFAQS" room this morning, and the population was 4. They were in a KOTH, but their KOTH lobby disbanded (desynch, I'm guessing). 3 of them left and the last guy stayed to accept my challenge. In that fight I beat him 3 times straight and when he beat me on the 4th, he declined rematch. The fights were good, but I guess he had to go to work maybe. That was my first time EVER seeing a Gamefaqs room though. Most of the rooms I see are either names of various MK stages, or words relating to homosexuality or penis. Seriously, this game is M for Mature 17+. The least players can do when they buy it is ACT like they're 17 years or older.

I'll add you, man. You're seem pretty reasonable. My GT is x HiToKiRi Z x, so don't be surprised by the Japanese name lol.

hey hit me up my gamertag is fr stack only prob is im in ireland so de connect might be iffy but im always lookin for nice people to play against win or lose (not too many losses tho 8p)

I know what you mean. Xbox is filled with douche bags but there's no way in Hell they're about to ruin my experience.. They're just idiots who use cheap tactics to win, don't let it get to you.. I'm way above average so I guess you could give me an add so we can go a few rounds. Just don't feed the trolls and don't give up and just go off spending money because you're letting them get under your skin. I'm not saying 'DON'T BUY A PS3' because I don't really care what you do. Keep learning your new characters and getting better and you'll be fine.

Funniest room I found was "MAXIMUMGAY"

Also be on the lookout for TYM, TestYourMight, MKU, TRMK and 0TRMK.
Friendly rooms (maybe not the first three ;)) with people with great skills.

Hmm, I guess I'll have to start making trmk rooms XD.
Maybe the phrase GM (good manners) might attract some people, but it can mean so many other things, it can be rather insignificant.
But, in the main lobbies, you have to look for the people that talk normally, and usually when they say stop spamming and stuff, or try to get conversations going along (I do it sometimes). There is always a shed of light in 'absolute' darkness.
Add me if you want. I'm decent, but I won't decline until I get bored. :D Or if I have the need to practice, or other stuff. (gamertag is shown on profile thingy)

As long as the rooms are open for everyone, there's always the ability for some pricks to join :(
If you want some fun fights feel free to add me to your friendslist : just1fire

ive been to the MKU one, some good players there, also TRMK when its up is good.
But by far the best ive found with not only great talent, but also the coolest bunch of players around is at gamefaqs hands down.

well psn gamefaqs since thats where i play mk9, but we got some great talent there:
suppatenshi- great kitana and great edenians
nabilose- great sz and amazing KL
magnetohalfway- awesome KL he also beat tom brady not long ago, him and nabilose are the best kl players ive faced, and they aint cheap either.
kakypoo- best reptile ive ever seen and or got my ass handed to me by lol
toxic- best baraka player ive seen and many suggest hes second best so far with baraka
strange_roreck- awesome ermac :D
buildslash- best sektor player, just relentles imho

also myself, decent with KL :p
plus i play tag with my son inthere to, overall, every one is very cool and respects you, sometimes youl get a salty one, but they dont stay long cus when they get salty, no one plays them lol

they also take time to help you out on anything you may need help with, like for example me, i need to improve my kl in some areas, so nabilose and magnetohalfway jumped right in to help since they are awesome with kl...
theres many more that are great players, like slayzer, he always plays random and is pretty good with many characters, plus hes just an awesome dude :)

join us there when you feel like it, as long as you are not salty, we will welcome you with open arms ;)

Most people on the internet act like pricks, not just XBL. I agree though, people have no honor when they fight. They will do everything in their power to gain an unfair advantage (Kung Lao mainly).

I seem to encounter people like this all to often on Live. I'm not a great player but play for the love of the game. I can still remember the first time I played MK1 in the arcades.

Don't let the select few ego monkeys ruin the game for you, feel free to to add me if you like.

Most people on the internet act like pricks, not just XBL. I agree though, people have no honor when they fight. They will do everything in their power to gain an unfair advantage (Kung Lao mainly).

i disagree with KL mainly part.
theres hardly any KL players out there, i havent found many, and the ones ive found, there where easy, tho i main kl so i know what they are going to do 90% of the time :D

It's going to happen man. There's really nothing you can do about it.

Try and get some friends on your friends list who play MK and setup private matches/KOTH lobbies. It's so much more fun than playing randoms. When I do play randoms, I just leave my mic off and play my game. If they are a-holes in some way I just don't rematch them.

You won't find one room that has decent players all grouped together, you will find the 10 year old, spam lovers in every room online. As mentioned before just get some friends playing MK or when you find a good player online, send a friend request. You can add people from here as well.

I'm always up for some good fights, add me; Bon3s1990.

surprisingly I haven't run into a lot of pricks on xbox, I guess I'm just lucky. I've actually met a few friends with random matches. Feel free to add me I need more friends to play some MK: SgtCoolBeans