Human Cyrax and Sektor, Shang Tsung Fatality

Okay. Let's disregard the argument of whether it's real or fake for a moment and discuss the concept behind the fatality.

Let's say they decide to pay tribute to a game- one that is supposed to be forgotten in this installment- via an easter egg, via the medium of Shang Tsung. Disregarding how completely random all of that is, why not do it properly? A crudely drawn, generic scary clown face? How is that a proper tribute? Why couldn't they use Joker's face?

You honestly want to tell me they couldn't have gotten the rights to Joker's MK face, currently being partnered with WB and previously doing a crossover with DC? And then you want to tell me they did manage to get the rights specifically to everything about him aside from his face?

In my opinion, the only reason the clown face is different is because if whoever made the picture kept the same Joker face, any average schmo would be able to realize that is simply a recolour of a MK vs DC screen. With Kabal pasted in.

The outfit is entirely the same, down to the very last button. Just with a different colour. The only exception is the cuffs.

I'm having way too much fun arguing with Reptikhan! It's all in good fun, anyway; I respect all my fellow MK fans and I'm sure he feels the same way.

Anyway, I think they didn't actually go with Joker himself because the wounds from the debauchery which was MKvsDC is too fresh. That, coupled with licensing from DC itself. I know WB owns it, but I'm sure it's more complicated than it seems. I like the look of this clown anyway. It looks like the type of evil clown I (and most other kids) were scared of when younger.

I know the difference between objective and subjective. I'm not retarded, and I have a college degree. Whether it is real or not is a moot point by now.

I think it looks real. That's my opinion and that's subjective.

Also, thanks for the references at the bottom. I'll check them later.

There are stupid people who have college degrees and smart people who don't have one ;) It really doesn't make anyone smarter or dumber.

Anyways, looks fake to me but I couldn't care any less if it were actually real and in the game. Not a big deal.

Haha fair enough :laugh:! I wasn't counting the hat. I have never used photoshop in my life, but I'm positive I can add that hat to any still just by using copy and paste on MS paint. Which is another reason why I find this hard to believe. So much work put into every single character in this game so far, and suddenly a copy and paste of a clown from a previous game for the primary fatality of an important character?

Come on, man. I agree with you on the photoshop thing. I really do. Something like this would be really easy to create but the first picture is just so good. Enough though it's blurry, you can clearly see it's Kabal getting his head blown off. If it's fake, it's an amazing fake. The reason I DON'T think it's fake is because like I've said before, Tsung HAS had a surprised fatality before AND apparantly this guy seems to have the game or is around a game with several alternates already unlocked...

Why would he put up two clearly legit images of human Cyrax and Sektor and then go out of his way to put up two fake "clown" pictures?

Seems like a stretch to me.

An opinion can not go against discreet proof. We have proof it looks blurry which would be implied to Look fake.

Here's another example since you obviously didn't grasp my point.

Onion News Network LOOKS real, this is fact. It looks just like any other news show. However, when you watch it, it becomes apparant it is a mockery of real news networks.

It is fact it looks real, it is also fact it isn't real.

"Wait that doesn't make sense." No it does, because objectively they follow the same standards as normal news networks but they have jokes instead of live reports. Only difference.

The same thing is here.

The reason I posted that information? Because people confuse the two, same thing you did. You say an opinion can debase facts which is again incorrect.

The picture DOES NOT look real due to evidence. Until you have at least one point of evidence it does look real, well see my ONN example.

The ONN is known to be fake, making that a fact. The picture here is in question as to whether or not it is real. I think it is. You think it isn't. The only fact here is that it is blurry.

I'm not following you.

There are stupid people who have college degrees and smart people who don't have one ;) It really doesn't make anyone smarter or dumber.

Anyways, looks fake to me but I couldn't care any less if it were actually real and in the game. Not a big deal.

Love you Jade. Always the voice of reason on these boards. Proves that the smartest of cookies usually graduate from Hugh Jackman's pants.

It honestly is nothing but a piece of paper.

The reason I DON'T think it's fake is because like I've said before, Tsung HAS had a surprised fatality before AND apparantly this guy seems to have the game or is around a game with several alternates already unlocked...

Why would he put up two clearly legit images of human Cyrax and Sektor and then go out of his way to put up two fake "clown" pictures?

Seems like a stretch to me.

A totally valid point. But I've addressed it before when I said we:

1) don't know if all 6 photos were taken by the same person
2) don't know if the person who took the photos is the same person who uploaded them to the photobucket where we found them

All we know is that the photos came from one photobucket. Were they saved by the same person who snapped them or saved by someone else reading a private forum? Were they snapped by the same person on the same day or by different people on different days? We don't know. And we can't assume anything about the source of the photos simply by reading the dates that they were saved on a photobucket.

All we know is that we found 6 photos. 4 of them 100% legitimate and taken still. The next 2 suspiciously shaky and suspiciously crudely drawn even if they were taken still.

Last edited:
The ONN is known to be fake, making that a fact. The picture here is in question as to whether or not it is real. I think it is. You think it isn't. The only fact here is that it is blurry.

I'm not following you.

Yes, but let's say you talk to someone who knows nothing of it. Would it look real? Of course it would. Objectively it looks like another news show.

The reason I'm saying the pic looks fake is like this:

Let's say a guy comes on the board and posts for another game he has sources saying "Mario" is in the next Mortal Kombat game.

Now he posts two pictures from the game that look realistic [minimum blur, very clear, AND has no other identifiable marks.]

Edit: Then he posts a picture with so much blur you can make out a 2D shape of Mario and it just looks like he was cut and pasted from a Mario game.

Ok, just like in this situation, we all pretty much believe the Human Sekto/Rax pictures are real/Sheeva too? Yes.

They look real. Even if they were faked. They still look real, objectively. Perception is based on what looks real as compared to actually being real.

Like this:

My little brother used to think shadows in the halls at my house looked like monsters. By what he defined a monster as, he was objectively correct. The shadows do twist/etc. They aren't really monsters though.

Same case here:

The pic has too many problems to look real, and other points as well such as what Kaballer has mentioned. It just looks fake due to what Ed Boon has stated IE : Making a more serious MK, the blur [massive amount], the contradictions in comparison in more.

It's hard to find that it looks real, when there is no objective evidence, but there is evidence it looks fake.

---IE:

My favorite color is red.

There is no evidence to disprove my opinion. You can't disprove it. When you can show lack of credibility it is no longer opinion, unless you balance it out.

You can't do it though in this example. Even if you say "Well Blue calms people and objectively has more uses than the color red." That doesn't make it "the best" or make it someone's favorite.

That's my point in a long nutshell.

Edit: No that's not my favorite color. XD

As much as I agree with you, Reptikahn, on everything, I got to agree with Jade and War Eagle, it's nothing to get too worked up over. It most likely is fake, or it may be real, but the important thing is we won't truly know that until we the game releases. You are a pretty damn good debator, don't waste it on topics as small as this. :smile:

...It is fact it looks real, it is also fact it isn't real.

"Wait that doesn't make sense." No it does, because objectively they follow the same standards as normal news networks but they have jokes instead of live reports. Only difference.

The same thing is here...

...The picture DOES NOT look real due to evidence. Until you have at least one point of evidence it does look real, well see my ONN example...

...Looks fake, but is real.

Okay, let's start at the beginning: It is NOT a fact that it looks fake, that is opinion. Keyword there being "looks". This implies an opinion is being stated, exactly like "think" or "feel". Something looking fake can't be proven. I agree the picture looks fake, but I can just as easily say it looks real. I can also say that I think the ONN looks fake or real. There's no proof behind either statement and no proof can be given to back it. It looking fake is an opinion, simple as that.

Edit: Lol, now were just arguing the subjectivity of this. It looking fake is subjective by all means, because you can't prove it. I think UFO's look fake, but I can't prove they look fake, because it's all a matter of personal opinion.

Yes, but let's say you talk to someone who knows nothing of it. Would it look real? Of course it would. Objectively it looks like another news show.

The reason I'm saying the pic looks fake is like this:

Let's say a guy comes on the board and posts for another game he has sources saying "Mario" is in the next Mortal Kombat game.

Now he posts two pictures from the game that look realistic [minimum blur, very clear, AND has no other identifiable marks.]

Edit: Then he posts a picture with so much blur you can make out a 2D shape of Mario and it just looks like he was cut and pasted from a Mario game.

Ok, just like in this situation, we all pretty much believe the Human Sekto/Rax pictures are real/Sheeva too? Yes.

They look real. Even if they were faked. They still look real, objectively. Perception is based on what looks real as compared to actually being real.

Like this:

My little brother used to think shadows in the halls at my house looked like monsters. By what he defined a monster as, he was objectively correct. The shadows do twist/etc. They aren't really monsters though.

Same case here:

The pic has too many problems to look real, and other points as well such as what Kaballer has mentioned. It just looks fake due to what Ed Boon has stated IE : Making a more serious MK, the blur [massive amount], the contradictions in comparison in more.

It's hard to find that it looks real, when there is no objective evidence, but there is evidence it looks fake.

---IE:

My favorite color is red.

There is no evidence to disprove my opinion. You can't disprove it. When you can show lack of credibility it is no longer opinion, unless you balance it out.

You can't do it though in this example. Even if you say "Well Blue calms people and objectively has more uses than the color red." That doesn't make it "the best" or make it someone's favorite.

That's my point in a long nutshell.

Edit: No that's not my favorite color. XD

I like red too! And I subjectively disagree with you.

Spoiler:
trollface.jpg

Okay, let's start at the beginning: It is NOT a fact that it looks fake, that is opinion. Keyword there being "looks". This implies an opinion is being stated, exactly like "think" or "feel". Something looking fake can't be proven. I agree the picture looks fake, but I can just as easily say it looks real. I can also say that I think the ONN looks fake or real. There's no proof behind either statement and no proof can be given to back it. It looking fake is an opinion, simple as that.

Edit: Lol, now were just arguing the subjectivity of this. It looking fake is subjective by all means, because you can't prove it. I think UFO's look fake, but I can't prove they look fake, because it's all a matter of personal opinion.

Just glad somebody is on the same boat as me. I'm getting bored of arguing this, so let's just agree to disagree, okay Reptikahn?

Maybe the guy wanted to have fun , and so, put the real pics (Cyrax/Sektor humans and Sheeva's fatality), mixed with photoshoped fake stuff (Shang Tsung Clow's Fatality) in that photobucket account, and this way, having people discussing around all MK forums and communities about if that shit is for real or purposely done faked ..... IDK, maybe the guy is a troll, and enjoy having people trying to figure out or just *****ing about ......

If I post a picture of a cat that looks real, even if it is fake, you can't say "It's my opinion it looks fake" unless there is evidence to the contrary.

This example is the exact opposite of this argument. That's what I'm saying. Unless you find some evidence of me with my cat that makes the picture look fake, objectively it looks real in said situation.

That's pretty much why I'm saying it's objective than subjective.

I'm not saying it's factually not real, but objectively. [Yes, Facts=/=Objectivity they are used in conjunction most of the time though] but that's a debate for another time.

edit: I agree to disagree, but philosophically I still find it objectively to look false. XP

This whole debate has gone ridiculously off topic.

Reptikahn defends his point because he is clearly a firm believer of logic and coming to logical conclusion. For that, everyone should give him some respect.

I defend my point because I refuse to believe that, after so much work on every single aspect of this game, the NRS crew literally copies and pastes a fatality. Everything they have done up to this point, e.g. redesigning Smoke with hair instead of just another hood which everyone would have been just as happy with, shows that they have put an extraordinary effort into making everything unique.

Either way, the effort shown by the NRS crew is telling me this is going to be an amazing game whether the clown fatality is in it or not.

So let's just agree to disagree on this matter. And then let's agree that we'll all come to find out the real answer in 24-48 hour's time when some generous fellow streams Shang Tsung gameplay.

Last edited:
If I post a picture of a cat that looks real, even if it is fake, you can't say "It's my opinion it looks fake" unless there is evidence to the contrary.

This example is the exact opposite of this argument. That's what I'm saying. Unless you find some evidence of me with my cat that makes the picture look fake, objectively it looks real in said situation.

That's pretty much why I'm saying it's objective than subjective.

I'm not saying it's factually not real, but objectively. [Yes, Facts=/=Objectivity they are used in conjunction most of the time though] but that's a debate for another time.

edit: I agree to disagree, but philosophically I still find it objectively to look false. XP

I can most definitely say it looks fake. It might be real, but it's my opinion that it looks fake.

However, I feel like we're running in circles now, so yeah, I'm done lol. You're pretty good at debate. =)

Edit: Also @Bruce, it actually being in the game doesn't change the fact that those pictures looked fake, haha.

This whole debate has gone ridiculously off topic.

Reptikahn defends his point because he is clearly a firm believer of logic and coming to logical conclusion. For that, everyone should give him some respect.

I defend my point because I refuse to believe that, after so much work on every single aspect of this game, the NRS crew literally copies and pastes a fatality. Everything they have done up to this point, e.g. redesigning Smoke with hair instead of just another hood which everyone would have been just as happy with, shows that they have put an extraordinary effort into making everything unique.

Let's just agree to disagree on this matter. And then agree that we'll all come to find out the real answer in 24-48 hour's time.

Either way, the effort shown by NRS is telling me this is going to be an amazing game whether the clown fatality is in it or not.

I think it'd make a good 3rd fatality. I certainly wouldn't want it to be one if he only has two. We will find out soon enough for sure.

And yes, Reptikahn has my respect, staying very civil while having a heated debate. +rep to him